Bowl Ticket Prices

Ticket resellers are ruining going to an event. There is no way music city bowl tickets should be the price they are. Wanted to take my kid to her first game but no way I am paying over 400 bucks per seat for lower or club level. So stupid.

I posted elsewhere that I was all ready to buy at @ $72/each but the extra $50 for fees and such? Heck no.

Or just go on gameday, there will be scalpers around the stadium looking to unload tickets cheap.

I posted in a different thread but I couldn’t get rid of extra tickets on game day 2010. I got $10 for the pair 30 minutes before kickoff. These were corporate tickets purchased to give to customers. I suspect there will be plenty of these flowing esp for TN vs Purdue on a cold Dec day.

I paid $75 each for 3 tix in the West corner upper section. It was $65 when I logged in and $75 by the time my paypal paid. I know I have posted that before, just giving an example of how the price gouging algorithm works for these companies' computer systems.

Reactions: Titan05 and 99grad
It is odd the UT ticket site just links to the Ticketmonster website while Perdue's seems to let you select seats on their site.

I can't ever remember not having the option of buying bowl tickets from UT
SEC struck a deal with bowls to not be on the hook for thousands of unsold seats when schools got 10,000 and only sold 3000. UT fans and other SEC schools were bypassing their own ticket offices and buying directly from the bowls websites and other schools allotments and getting better seats. Then that left the SEC to come in and pick up the tab for whats left unsold. So this offseason SEC struck a deal to let Bowls do the ticketing. UT only got about 2500 tickets to Music City to accommodate the players families, staff families, The Band and Top money donors. My friend, who is WAY up in Tennessee fund didn't even got tickets. Purdue currently has tons of unsold seats. There are about 20,000 unsold seats for MCB

I don't ever recall music city bowl ticket prices so high. Is this normal? 195$ for 2nd level? 115 even in 3rd level?
There are many annual ticket holders to the MCB. They have the right to buy tickets ahead. They purchase the east side because that’s always the SEC side. If they don’t want to go they resell them thru Ticketmaster. Hence the difference in the prices

There are many annual ticket holders to the MCB. They have the right to buy tickets ahead. They purchase the east side because that’s always the SEC side. If they don’t want to go they resell them thru Ticketmaster. Hence the difference in the prices
correct, and lots of local businesses get seats as well. As of right now there are TONS of tickets remaining

It’s the same crap for concert tickets. Luckily, I was able to get to GA tickets for Morgan Wallen back in early October for a November show directly through his website the minute they went on sale for $75 each. 30 mins later those same seats were for sale on Ticketmaster for $600 a piece. It’s bots and people buying up as many as possible, then scalping the beejezus out of them to make a quick buck.

Moral of the story, don’t go. Boycott, stop buying from second hand sites if you can’t get them through the original merchant.
my wife wants to go see George Strait for her birthday. I got on the inter-webs and found tickets on the second hand markets are through the roof for even a nosebleed seat. I realize that everyone has to eat but damn the prices are just ridiculous.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Started at $65 for 3rd level.
Was $75 by the time I completed my purchase, which was about 5 minutes after the announcement.
The price goes up as the percentage of seats sell.
It is because of the illegal monopoly of the ticket selling companies that the Federal and state governments choose to ignore.

I was going to buy a few tickets or my wife was as a Christmas gift but I'll pass now. I'm not giving these creeps on the 2nd hand market the pleasure.

We'd love to be there, but circumstances disallow that. So, currently flirting with having the best seats not at the stadium.
- Swivel chair seats
-Streamed game projected on a 6ftX6ft screen
-Tray tables loaded with venison or mutton sloppy joes
-Sides of ranch dip with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and celery
-Washed down with choice of LaBlatt and Moosehead beers
-If our guts can take it, Dove chocolate dipped ice cream bars.

Still wish we could make the trip to Nashville.
Dang Woods.... I can bring paper plates and dixie cups.. what time?

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Prices are seriously high...We are in a pandemic and not everybody has that kind of money to give to see a ballgame.

It’s the same crap for concert tickets. Luckily, I was able to get to GA tickets for Morgan Wallen back in early October for a November show directly through his website the minute they went on sale for $75 each. 30 mins later those same seats were for sale on Ticketmaster for $600 a piece. It’s bots and people buying up as many as possible, then scalping the beejezus out of them to make a quick buck.

Moral of the story, don’t go. Boycott, stop buying from second hand sites if you can’t get them through the original merchant.

I've noticed this in a big way with concerts as well.

Even through original vendors the cost of shows have gone up exponentially. Trying to make up for missing out on money lost last year due to covid.

Then it will be like everything else, once they see they can charge inflated prices, they will never drop them back.

I am boycotting everything and sticking with the local holes in the wall for my entertainment along with skipping the pros for sports.

I don't ever recall music city bowl ticket prices so high. Is this normal? 195$ for 2nd level? 115 even in 3rd level?

If it is Ticketmaster they do dynamic pricing. Which means the more people viewing tickets, the higher the prices go.

They say they do this to avoid letting scalpers get tickets. Lol. They remove the scalpers by becoming the scalper themself.

VN Store

Back