Bowl bid poll

Should we accept a Bowl bid?

• Total voters
Yes. We need money. If we opt out we don't share in the bowl revenue.

I think we still get a share of the big pie. Just don’t get to get an extra portion from the bowl that we attend. But we always spend more than that on the “official party” and book loses from bowl game trips.

I think we still get a share of the big pie. Just don’t get to get an extra portion from the bowl that we attend. But we always spend more than that on the “official party” and book loses from bowl game trips.

Per Hyams last night on the post game, the SEC won't share revenue this year if you opt not to go to your bowl.

Being held hostage by big money who refuse to have an exceptional football program. Lets face facts,, money buys success. When one has an abundance of resources , but refuse to use it for the betterment of success , this my friends equals failure. If it were not for a passionate fanbase this program would have completely died many years ago !!!!! JMO -----------totally on life support as I type and the only answer is, one gets what he is willing to pay for !

Just curious how many people think this team deserves a bowl after this seasons results?

Two questions in play, to me at least: 1) does this team deserve a bowl bid, and 2) should we accept the bid and go play?

“Absolutely not” to the first question; “yes, absolutely” to the second question.

I am thinking about the players and if I was in their shoes.

Reactions: tbh
It's more playing time, even if it's not necessarily deserved based upon the performance this year. So, sure. Line 'em up and play ball (or something vaguely resembling it).

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
This team can use the extra 2 or 3 weeks practice that goes with a Bowl game. They will we able to almost run it into spring practice. Cannot blame this on the boys. Been a bad year on them more so than fans
The only problem with this statement is this coaching staff seems to be able to do more harm than good.

We would be doing our young players and seniors a disservice by not giving them that experience. Regardless, if Pruitt gets fired before the game or not; play the game.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
They could practice for 6 months and it wouldn’t improve what we just witnessed. Unless they clean house and the new coach and staff gets here tomorrow. I can assure you this staff has packed it in and is ready to move on.
I don't care if you pack it up and are against seeing the Vols play. If the team plays i will not miss it. My problem lies with a coach and an ad that has no clue. If I owned a nasscar team and needed a driver i would not put the jackman in to drive and i would not put the gas man in the crew chiefs spot.

Just curious how many people think this team deserves a bowl after this seasons results?
This year it's not about one deserving it. There are going to be many teams in bowls this year that do not deserve it. It's filling out the bowls, it would be stupid to turn down practice time or the bowl money revenue. This isn't a regular year if we don't take it somebody else undeserving will. GBO!

Nope anyone that opts out does not get a share. Straight from the sec office. GBO!

Of course we should accept it. The only thing I care about right now is the same thing I cared about after the Kentucky game. Get as many reps fro Harrison Bailey as possible.

That being said... the game is 2 hours from my home and I'm not going.

This poll shows evidence that the fans are out. What evidence do you have that the players have given up?
A poll of 500-600 in this forum is not a true gauge. I would be willing to bet most know that in this crazy year that while many teams bowling may not be deserving, it would make zero since to turn down practice time and revenue. And coupled with the fact we do have a young team that practice time is much needed and helps bridge the time between spring practice. Hey I am not happy with the year either but the ones crying saying we shouldn't play a bowl or accept it, your not playing you don't have to watch and quite frankly if you don't care it shouldn't make you mad. Pouting and quitting isn't going to get us any better, bottom line we need the practice that is the most important part of this. But in a year where revenue was lost by not being able to let all fans inside it would be crazy to turn down revenue as well. So all you that don't like it that tennessee accepted all I can say is find something else to do. GBO!!!!

Reactions: peerless98
It doesn't really matter at this point. You're talking an extra week this year.

I would take the bid, because I feel like all of these players deserve some sort of reward for playing even if on-field results are poor.
If the team wants to play you go play.

VN Store

Back