Bowden out of shooting slump?

LAVol1

Hopefully, Bowden came out his shooting slump Saturday. I have thought for a while that his 3-pt. shooting woes was due to the fact he typically elevated like he was shooting a 15 footer, elevating 2-3' before releasing the shot. Saturday, on at least one of his three's, he shot what I would call a set shot, or at least did not elevate like his 15 foot jump shot. The best 3-pt. shooters don't elevate like Bowden typically does on a 3. Curry typically elevates about 6 inches. Go on Youtube and watch 3-pt. shooting contests. None of the 3-point shooters elevate like Bowden has been.

Hopefully, Bowden came out his shooting slump Saturday. I have thought for a while that his 3-pt. shooting woes was due to the fact he typically elevated like he was shooting a 15 footer, elevating 2-3' before releasing the shot. Saturday, on at least one of his three's, he shot what I would call a set shot, or at least did not elevate like his 15 foot jump shot. The best 3-pt. shooters don't elevate like Bowden typically does on a 3. Curry typically elevates about 6 inches. Go on Youtube and watch 3-pt. shooting contests. None of the 3-point shooters elevate like Bowden has been.
I have been saying this to Bowden all season. Of course he doesn’t hear me cause I’m in the stands. It’s impossible to replicate the release of your shot when you jump that high. Especially from long distance. One time it might be at the very top, next time on the way up. Jumping that high gives so much more room for error. I can see how it’s needed and effective when you are driving and pulling up for a jumper. But an open 3 should require as minimal extra body movement as possible. Vescovi does it well. And like you said with Curry. Bowden also fades to the right or left on 3s too. Never gonna be consistent doing that either. Hopefully someone has pointed this out and it continues for the rest of the season. I love Bowden. Even when he’s not scoring, he does so much for this team. One of the best on ball defender I’ve seen in Orange and that’s at 6’5”. I want to see him go out with a bang.

yeah, he is...now, I'm worried about the coaching slump...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back