Boom or Bust????

An inexact science?
Very much so.

I'm sure a majority of the highly rated prospects live up to it, but you can never tell until they all get on the field, obviously.

true, check this out

Scout.com: Banks, Jones: No Longer Vols

Banks is the fourth of seven Parade All-Americans from the Class of 2002 that are no longer a part of the team. The others are Heath Benedict, Brandon Jeffries and Jonathan Mapu, who is in the middle of a two-year Mormon mission. The remaining Parade All-Americans from that class are Gerald Riggs Jr., James Wilhoit and Rob Smith.

The remaining 3 did not make NFL impact either.

bad attitudes and player development are a bad combo

I think it was more than player development in that situation. We had players that did develop over those years. It was just bad luck with the attitudes of the players we recruited that year. Bad recruiting year in terms of the character of our big time recruits.

Wilhoit and Mapu haven't had the chance yet.

They are about to. We know it's hard to make the NFL as a kicker, but Wilhoit's number is really not impressive. I wish Mapu would do well next year, but I just don't think he could be much much better next year in order to make the NFL.

Wilhoit's numbers not impressive? By what standards? He had one bad year and that was due to injury. Every other year he has been very impressive.

I should say not impressive to make NFL

year Percent 40+
1st year 70.8% 7/10 good
2nd year 58.8% 4/10 bad, struggled in the short range
3rd year 73.7% 4/7 good
4th year 85.7% 7/10 very good

overall 72.8%

I am not a draft guru or anything, but I am sure 72.8% is not an impressive number nationwide to make NFL.

hey, he's in the League, so let's just hope he's smart with his money

VN Store

Back