Books You've Read Recently

Good grief, my book list is drastically different from about everyone's lol...I read to escape mentally from this world and life...it's my liquor or drugs

Just finished up A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings. Next up is A Storm of Swords.

Also recently read the Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command). Easily the best Star Wars series in the expanded universe (for all those Star Wars nerds out there).

Finished Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand about a month ago. Great book and worth everyone's time. I'm about half way through Manhunt: the 12days following Lincolns assassination but we moved and I can't find it now. It was very interesting. I received the Killing Series by Bill O'Reilly for Christmas and I've started reading with Killing Lincoln.

Just finished Michael Crichton's "travels". Sort of an autobiographical account of the first half or more of his career and how it relates to his world traveling stories. He also expounds on more of his overarching philosophies of life. It is a bit unorganized and all over the place, but good just the same. He was a very interesting man. Not just a doctor that wrote science fiction and Hollywood movies and TV shows. If you're a fan of his, like I have been since the 5th grade, you'll enjoy learning more about the man.

Got my wife Amy Poehler's book. I'm really anxious for her to finish it so I can read it.

511jZd5pZxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The greatest literary work of the last 30 years.

this

Just finished Unbroken - fantastic
Rereading Lonesome Dove - been about 10 years but love that book

I wish that Gus McCrae were a real person and that I knew him. Great book.

Gus and Call would have been my heros. I also wish McMurty would have written a follow on. Did Call make it back to MT? We'll never know.

I recieved Bill O'Reilly's new book Killing Patton for Christmas so I'm looking forward to starting it.

Finished Killing Patton and Killing Kennedy in the past couple of weeks and enjoyed both very much.

Received a Shakespeare version of the original Star Wars Trilogy for Christmas and started it today. It's pretty well done and I'm enjoying it so far.

Also recently read the Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command). Easily the best Star Wars series in the expanded universe (for all those Star Wars nerds out there).

I strongly agree with this. Excellent trilogy.

Finished The Forever War not too long ago. Not bad but I was disappointed. It's hyped like one of the greatest sci-fi war novels ever, but it was pretty weak imo.

Currently reading A Scanner Darkly by Phillip Dick.

Game of Thrones series is probably next.

Finished Killing Patton and Killing Kennedy in the past couple of weeks and enjoyed both very much.

Received a Shakespeare version of the original Star Wars Trilogy for Christmas and started it today. It's pretty well done and I'm enjoying it so far.

I like those

Reactions: 1 person
Reading
The Racketeer (my first Grisham ever, and I love it)

On deck
Don't Hurt People and Don't Take Their Stuff (libertarian manifesto)

I read it but I was too young to be smart about it. Will you look for an underlying moral of the story and share your thoughts?

This one has an introduction by Orson Scott Card that basically lays out the parallell between the Martians invading earth with Europeans colonizing Africa and India. I have only read the first chapter of the actual book, so I'll be looking for that while I read as well as other morals.

Reading
The Racketeer (my first Grisham ever, and I love it)

On deck
Don't Hurt People and Don't Take Their Stuff (libertarian manifesto)

I love Grisham. I've probably read a dozen of his books dating back to highschool and college. My favorites are "The Testament" and "A Time to Kill".

VN Store

Back