Books You've Read Recently

Any Chuck Klosterman Fans? I discovered this guy from long-form pod interviews. He's a gen X writer for Rolling Stone and is a cultural opinionist, more or less. I'm on my 4th book in the last year. He is so interesting. He doesn't really have firm beliefs on anything that matters. He's open to all ideas, and teases them to death. He can dive deeply into any event or idea and show you potential implications of what it is, or what we believe about it, that you never thought of before. He makes me feel like I must be so uninteresting, but also interesting for liking him.

The Nineties - what it was like to be alive in the 90's
I Wear the Black Hat - all about fictional and real-world villains
Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs - he calls it a manifesto about low culture
Eating the Dinosaur - a collection of essays

Any Chuck Klosterman Fans? I discovered this guy from long-form pod interviews. He's a gen X writer for Rolling Stone and is a cultural opinionist, more or less. I'm on my 4th book in the last year. He is so interesting. He doesn't really have firm beliefs on anything that matters. He's open to all ideas, and teases them to death. He can dive deeply into any event or idea and show you potential implications of what it is, or what we believe about it, that you never thought of before. He makes me feel like I must be so uninteresting, but also interesting for liking him.

The Nineties - what it was like to be alive in the 90's
I Wear the Black Hat - all about fictional and real-world villains
Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs - he calls it a manifesto about low culture
Eating the Dinosaur - a collection of essays

knew name from rolling stone
interesting
ill check him out this summer

Reactions: n_huffhines
Neuromancer and the Peripheral by William Gibson. Looking forward to reading Agency but taking a little break from Gibson.

Finally read the first book of the Foundation series. Start Foundation and Empire tomorrow.

Reactions: bignewt
Ulysses was one of the few books I just couldn't finish and I pride myself on tackling the tough ones.
I thought about trying that one, but after doing Dubliners I'm going to pass. I hit up the bookstore once a month and grab "classics" because my collection is basically Stephen King and Tom Clancy.

I thought about trying that one, but after doing Dubliners I'm going to pass. I hit up the bookstore once a month and grab "classics" because my collection is basically Stephen King and Tom Clancy.
I do the same try and mix up a current novel with an older one. Ive about knocked out the 100 greatest novels of the 20th century list that Time put together. It's a great list.

Although I'm usually turning the pages in a history book in general and WWII history book in particular, lately I've been reading the Kathryn Casey true crime books. Each book a very compelling read.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Finished The Candy House. About to start the new McCarthy novel the passenger.

VN Store

Back