Boo Birds at Mizzou Game?

The real issue is the overinflated view of the roster by many fans. I'm puzzled that many still think Fulky and Pons are good inside players.

Reactions: TNBV
I went back to the replay and it happened at 10.04 left in second half. I sat mid court row 5 in upper deck. was really disappointed, but that was the only time I felt like the fans were booing our team as opposed to the refs.

Springer’s ankle gets worse if he doesn’t allow it to heal. Turner’s shoulder was treated. Two different scenarios. I’m not sure who else Barnes has made public comments on about how quickly they are coming off of injury or not.
Just the way he comes across to me. No biggie. Not a membership killer if you don't see it that way.

Good job by Missouri of taking Fulkerson out of the game. Everytime he touched it double teamed and we didn't seem to have an answer to finding a guy cutting to the basket or hitting the open man. Were an ugly offensive team anyway, but thought we could win with defense. The defense has suddenly disappeared maybe we can find a way to get it back until then were not that great a team. Why we suddenly can't get stops is puzzling guess other coaches are figuring out a plan of attack because were either getting shredded inside or nailed by the open three. I think we have some excellent guards but our inside players aren't getting it done after Pons and Fulkerson we have nothing.
You are right about that but that big goon Tilman man handled ever player who came in the paint and threw them like garbage on the floor. If i remember correctly he had 3 total fouls but i know he did not foul out! Then when he was called Quizno went in convulsions on the sideline! Make no mistake we got our arses whipped !

Reactions: Volfan2012
You are right about that but that big goon Tilman man handled ever player who came in the paint and threw them like garbage on the floor. If i remember correctly he had 3 total fouls but i know he did not foul out! Then when he was called Quizno went in convulsions on the sideline! Make no mistake we got our arses whipped !

That’s what frustrates me. We end up getting key players in foul trouble early but then as the game progresses the refs stop calling it tight.

A long season left. Would rather get this out of our system now than do the usual early exit from the conference or NCAA tourneys, getting booted by a team that we should have dominated.

But I get irritated with Coach Barnes sometimes. His teams get caught sleepwalking more often than they should. That happened while he was at Texas too. But I think this Tennessee team just needs to figure out its identity to get some consistency.

Right now, this team needs to get its head screwed on straight.

Was at the game. No boos directed at the team, plenty at the officials.

This team is beat up. Fulky hasn’t been the same since he hurt himself on a dead ball dunk....can’t remember which game that was, maybe Arkansas? Santi is obviously hurting and can only cut one direction. Springer out after playing on a hurt ankle in a game that was already decided. Walker hasn’t played all year, obviously still injured or he would have been in at some point as desperate as we have been for inside help. Barnes doesn’t talk a ton about injuries...hard to know the true condition of everyone.

Hopefully the changes in the line up Barnes was talking about after Florida we’re allowing Pons some freedom on offense instead of just defense and rebounding.

I’m not worried about this team yet. Get healthy and get back to playing our game. Thankfully other than Kansas schedule is a little easier for a couple weeks.

Reactions: Lurker
Does he really or any other P5 basketball coaches? Seems like the market with the recent tv money has gotten completely out of whack to me which is why I never have any sympathy for them.
Given the compensation, probably not. It's certainly out of hand for both football and basketball.

Reactions: walkenvol
Was at the game. No boos directed at the team, plenty at the officials.

This team is beat up. Fulky hasn’t been the same since he hurt himself on a dead ball dunk....can’t remember which game that was, maybe Arkansas? Santi is obviously hurting and can only cut one direction. Springer out after playing on a hurt ankle in a game that was already decided. Walker hasn’t played all year, obviously still injured or he would have been in at some point as desperate as we have been for inside help. Barnes doesn’t talk a ton about injuries...hard to know the true condition of everyone.

Hopefully the changes in the line up Barnes was talking about after Florida we’re allowing Pons some freedom on offense instead of just defense and rebounding.

I’m not worried about this team yet. Get healthy and get back to playing our game. Thankfully other than Kansas schedule is a little easier for a couple weeks.

I know most here love Barnes and he does no wrong. I’ve watched the last 2 games vs teams who’s players were extremely motivated to play. That #6 ranking carried a lot of weight & responsibility. Our team didn’t respond at all at Florida and too late vs Missouri. That’s on the coach.

I’ve seen the team struggle getting the ball inbounds vs pressure all year. That’s on the coach. Situation play has been poor. That’s on the coach.

I’m not calling for Barnes job. I’m just calling for him to earn his money. Let’s start being the best coached team on the floor. That hasn’t been close these last several games.

I know most here love Barnes and he does no wrong. I’ve watched the last 2 games vs teams who’s players were extremely motivated to play. That #6 ranking carried a lot of weight & responsibility. Our team didn’t respond at all at Florida and too late vs Missouri. That’s on the coach.

I’ve seen the team struggle getting the ball inbounds vs pressure all year. That’s on the coach. Situation play has been poor. That’s on the coach.

I’m not calling for Barnes job. I’m just calling for him to earn his money. Let’s start being the best coached team on the floor. That hasn’t been close these last several games.

Nobody is perfect. Barnes is much closer than any UTBB coach for decades.

Bruce isn’t perfect. He does wrong regularly.

Pearl took over a loaded roster. Barnes took over a dumpster fire that Pearl had a big part in igniting.

Loaded? Yeah he had Lofton & Watson. Walk-in JuJuan Smith, Major Wingate and Dane Bradshaw on the front line. All due respect but that team wasn’t loaded. Pearl found a way to make it work.

Loaded? Yeah he had Lofton & Watson. Walk-in JuJuan Smith, Major Wingate and Dane Bradshaw on the front line. All due respect but that team wasn’t loaded. Pearl found a way to make it work.

Take shots at them all you want but JaJuan was a great player, Lofton the best 3-point shooter in history, Watson had a long NBA career and Bradshaw was on the all-decade team if not a 50 year team. You also excluded seniors Asumnu and Patterson.

Reactions: walkenvol

Pearl inherited much more talent than Barnes did. Tyndall didn’t leave much.

Reactions: Lurker
Pearl inherited much more talent than Barnes did. Tyndall didn’t leave much.

Tyndall was only here a year but Punter, Hubbs were both All -SEC players. Who was the 6-4 power forward Cuonzo recruited? He was a good player also.

VN Store

Back