Boo Birds at Mizzou Game?

1985Vols

Was anyone at the game? SEC network is loving it that we are on a losing streak and look like hot garbage right now. Every time I watch SEC Now all I hear when they show the highlights from yesterday’s game is “ Tenn coming off a 24 point beat down at FL and The Boo birds were out at TBA last night”. Man what started out as a potential Final 4 season is slowly becoming a complete disappointment. Sure hope CRB starts earning his $5M and turns this thing around.

Reactions: Border Vol
Was anyone at the game? SEC network is loving it that we are on a losing streak and look like hot garbage right now. Every time I watch SEC Now all I hear when they show the highlights from yesterday’s game is “ Tenn coming off a 24 point beat down at FL and The Boo birds were out at TBA last night”. Man what started out as a potential Final 4 season is slowly becoming a complete disappointment. Sure hope CRB starts earning his $5M and turns this thing around.

200.gif

Only 1 time I remember when we could not get a shot off in 12 seconds from a side out of bounds after the pa announcer said 12 seconds before we inbounded the ball

Only 1 time I remember when we could not get a shot off in 12 seconds from a side out of bounds after the pa announcer said 12 seconds before we inbounded the ball
Interesting, SEC Network is loving it as they say every time they show the highlights ( or lowlights I guess)

Good job by Missouri of taking Fulkerson out of the game. Everytime he touched it double teamed and we didn't seem to have an answer to finding a guy cutting to the basket or hitting the open man. Were an ugly offensive team anyway, but thought we could win with defense. The defense has suddenly disappeared maybe we can find a way to get it back until then were not that great a team. Why we suddenly can't get stops is puzzling guess other coaches are figuring out a plan of attack because were either getting shredded inside or nailed by the open three. I think we have some excellent guards but our inside players aren't getting it done after Pons and Fulkerson we have nothing.

Reactions: 1Big_Orange_Fan
I wasn’t at the game but the only booing I heard on TV was after the officials made a bad call.

I’m a Barnes fan and have a great deal of respect for what he’s done for our program.

That being said, there do seem to be flashes at times of the qualities that led to him being fired at Texas.

Hope this team gets it going in the right direction again and finishes strong.

You consistently post the most idiotic drivel on this forum. How many threads are you gonna start after the next win?

There were no boo birds last night - other than some boo birds at the officials on a few occassions. When I say no boo birds - I mean literally no boo birds.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Booing seem to be clearly directed at officiating.

Good job by Missouri of taking Fulkerson out of the game. Everytime he touched it double teamed and we didn't seem to have an answer to finding a guy cutting to the basket or hitting the open man. Were an ugly offensive team anyway, but thought we could win with defense. The defense has suddenly disappeared maybe we can find a way to get it back until then were not that great a team. Why we suddenly can't get stops is puzzling guess other coaches are figuring out a plan of attack because were either getting shredded inside or nailed by the open three. I think we have some excellent guards but our inside players aren't getting it done after Pons and Fulkerson we have nothing.
The run to close the large gap was made with Fulky on the bench so maybe there is some hope in more small ball. and if Springer had been available at the moment maybe Mizzou doesn't just will themselves back in front by 12. I don't think we're an F4 team but I do think we can make the tourney if we can get healthy again very soon.

There were no boo birds last night - other than some boo birds at the officials on a few occassions. When I say no boo birds - I mean literally no boo birds.
Wow, SEC Network making it sound like the fans were booing at the team

5 points in the first 9 minutes. That's the kind of stuff you see in Mountain West games. We have no offense and it appears no offensive strategy. Are they actually running plays or just passing the ball around? The Incredible Fulk is great at beating up cupcakes, but disappears when we play anyone that knows how to play defense.

The run to close the large gap was made with Fulky on the bench so maybe there is some hope in more small ball. and if Springer had been available at the moment maybe Mizzou doesn't just will themselves back in front by 12. I don't think we're an F4 team but I do think we can make the tourney if we can get healthy again very soon.
When is Springer back? It shouldn't come down to one player though. Fulk has regressed this year. Bailey comes and goes. No consistency on this team

When is Springer back? It shouldn't come down to one player though. Fulk has regressed this year. Bailey comes and goes. No consistency on this team
Injuries if cleared by the doctors are left to the player it seems. Barnes says Springer coming back is up to him. Think we've heard that line of reasoning before.

Wow, SEC Network making it sound like the fans were booing at the team

There were 0 fans booing the team. I was 11 rows up - right behind the team and a few rows up from the Haslems. FWIW they were there in full attendance and at halftime appeared to be meeting the new AD for the first time - there wasn't a boo bird heard all night from where I was .... period.

Turner had a surgically repaired shoulder issue. Springer has a sprained ankle. Bad comparison.
Nature of the injury wasn't really the point. Barnes would seem to favor players playing with and thru pain, if cleared to play. High praise for Santiago, but seemed miffed with turner last season and same answer about Springer this season.

Nature of the injury wasn't really the point. Barnes would seem to favor players playing with and thru pain, if cleared to play. High praise for Santiago, but seemed miffed with turner last season and same answer about Springer this season.

Springer’s ankle gets worse if he doesn’t allow it to heal. Turner’s shoulder was treated. Two different scenarios. I’m not sure who else Barnes has made public comments on about how quickly they are coming off of injury or not.

It's silly to claim the SEC network "loves us losing". I haven't heard any excitement in their voices when we lose.

Stupid post. Barnes earns his money

The announcers on ESPN were being obtuse - anyone with half a brain would have realized the booing was about the officiating. I could tell that even watching on the TV.

VN Store

Back