Bonnaroo 2021: Fall Version

Devo182

"Well Known Member" TWSS
Planned for September on The Farm. Not sure about those headliners (though Tame Impala is obviously amazing), but the midcard is strong. We always find gems in the undercard and already have a 500 song playlist on Spotify to find some. From hearing a song or two from every artist, it overall feels like quite a bit of electronic, rap, but enough rock to keep us happy.

Lacking on older artists and Jam though, but this trend is at least 6 years old. Just used to it by now. Always have fun on The Farm regardless. The environment and vibe is simply unmatched. They've also done a great job with the Pods in recent years. Things to do everywhere all day and night, 24/7.

6065de4d718b4c1c9b5f967e_B21-Admat-v01_1080x1350-p-1080.png

Last edited:
Planned for September on The Farm. Not sure about those headliners (though Tame Impala is obviously amazing), but the midcard is strong. We always find gems in the undercard and already have a 500 song playlist on Spotify to find some. From hearing a song or two from every artist, it overall feels like quite a bit of electronic, rap, but enough rock to keep us happy.

Lacking on older artists and Jam though, but this trend is at least 6 years old. Just used to it by now. Always have fun on The Farm regardless. The environment and vibe is simply unmatched. They've also done a great job with the Pods in recent years. Things to do everywhere all day and night, 24/7.

View attachment 360331
Wow, I can almost count on one hand the number of names I recognized.

Foo Fighters
Grace Potter
Nelly
Jason Isbell
Lana Del Ray
Flogging Molly

Wow, I can almost count on one hand the number of names I recognized.

Foo Fighters
Grace Potter
Nelly
Jason Isbell
Lana Del Ray
Flogging Molly

Same here.

Foo Fighters
Lana Del Rey
Primus
Nelly
Incubus

I'd love to see Primus though

Lacking in jam? Disco Biscuits, Goose, Marcus King, Big Something, Primus, Turkuaz, My Morning Jacket, King Gizzard, Kingfish.

I'd love to go the first few days. Sunday looks like a good day to drive home.

Reactions: Devo182
Lacking in jam? Disco Biscuits, Goose, Marcus King, Big Something, Primus, Turkuaz, My Morning Jacket, King Gizzard, Kingfish.

Lacking is relative I guess - consider one of the first lineups

bonnaroo2002.png

Definitely agree on the days...sad because Sunday night is usually a great send off and they usually have something for the old heads. Dead & Company, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phish. Hopefully they have additions for Sunday.

Last edited:
Look up the Struts on Sunday. I ran across them steaming and they have some good stuff.

I haven’t heard Dashboard Confessional since early 2000s.
Saw both at Shaky Knees down in Atlanta a couple years ago. Struts were really good live. Dashboard...really liked him back when...but now..pass.

Lacking is relative I guess - consider one of the first lineups

Definitely agree on the days...sad because Sunday night is usually a great send off and they usually have something for the old heads. Dead & Company, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phish. Hopefully they have additions for Sunday.

For sure. Bonnaroo lost that jam festival title a long time ago. I def agree. First couple years it was the ultimate jamband scene. Now it's BS like Megan Thee Stallion.

I think they've added a bit more jam this year than the last few. I'd love to find a couple cheap tickets and drive over for a couple days. But, doubt that happens. Wish the jam bands played til sunrise like back in the day.

I've done Sweetwater the last 10 years or so. It used to be dirt cheap for VIP and jam heavy. Now it's not so cheap but usually great tier 2 lineups with some headliners.

Reactions: Devo182
Dashboard...really liked him back when...but now..pass.
Jamming out to live version of "Hands Down" at Bonnaroo at 32 years old seems very appealing to me. I guess just for the nostalgia but...seems like it would be awesome.

For sure. Bonnaroo lost that jam festival title a long time ago. I def agree. First couple years it was the ultimate jamband scene. Now it's BS like Megan Thee Stallion.

I think they've added a bit more jam this year than the last few. I'd love to find a couple cheap tickets and drive over for a couple days. But, doubt that happens. Wish the jam bands played til sunrise like back in the day.

I've done Sweetwater the last 10 years or so. It used to be dirt cheap for VIP and jam heavy. Now it's not so cheap but usually great tier 2 lineups with some headliners.
Yeah there will be a jam playing till 2 or 3, but recent years it's dance music going till 6 or 7 am...have to have something for the Molly folks besides the Silent Disco I suppose. Guess they are naturally the young crowd too these days, so I suppose it works ok for most. The jam fans used to be the 20 somethings and now are more the 40 somethings. As the world turns and all...

Agree all festivals have gotten pricey. The market is odd. There is saturation and fests die off, but prices keep going up for the survivors. It is definitely a great era for live music goers. I'd say easily the golden era, by far (not music, just live music)...

Jamming out to live version of "Hands Down" at Bonnaroo at 32 years old seems very appealing to me. I guess just for the nostalgia but...seems like it would be awesome.
Saw him and idk how to put it. I think it was just the idea of a now 45-year old singing college aged emo lyrics. Still love those songs, but I guess I've compartmentalized them. I shouldn't say he was bad. Just not something for me live these days. I'm sure many could still enjoy it.

I read through there and thought the same thing.

Crazy: I only know nine of the bands playing, and only two of the main headliners... Guess I'm getting old!

Crazy: I only know nine of the bands playing, and only two of the main headliners... Guess I'm getting old!
Happens to all of us. But it's also partially because Bonnaroo is so good at identifying new talent. It's wild to go back to older lineups and see who was low on the totem pole at the time and how big they have become. I know 60-70 artists from, say 2016 (now know). At the time I only knew about 30.

bonnaroodaybyday-admat.jpg

This year I only know 37 from the release (a few more will be added to the lineup, along with comedians) but I have no doubt another 10-20 gems lay there yet to be discovered. That is definitely half of the fun with festivals, the discovery and meeting all the people there, or people you go with, that expand your musical base.

Last edited:
I see one epic band on the lineup in Primus and a bunch of who da fug is dat?

I see one epic band on the lineup in Primus and a bunch of who da fug is dat?
The more festivals you attend, the more you will recognize. Also have to be willing to listen to some of the whippersnapper music...takes some real willpower at times 🙃

VN Store

Back