Bone listed in SI's mock draft

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I haven't seen Bone listed in too many mock drafts so far, but Sports Illustrated has him going No. 54.

Jordan Bone: No. 54 overall

The outlook: Bone gets a lot of credit among scouts for Tennessee’s impressive season, and it’s not impossible he ends up having the best NBA career of anyone on that roster. He has real chops as a floor leader, has a good feel for where the ball needs to go, and could end up making an impact off someone’s bench in a Quinn Cook kind of sense. He won’t create a ton of offense for himself, Bone did a great job limiting turnovers, proved he’s capable of hitting big shots, and has become an intriguing sleeper going into the combine.”

Yep, I think he would be happy to get drafted, and not look back. Physically, he's ready, just needs to improve a couple things like his 3pt shot. Could be another Josh Richardson who improves with better competition.

Reactions: i2amavol
All indications is he is just done with the college experience and even if not drafted he is resy to make money even if over seas.
I hope it works out for him. It doesn’t seem like a good idea to quit your last year of college to go play overseas. He won’t even be able to coach high school or college if he gets a career ending injury.

Can always go back to college i guess.

Sounds like he's had all he wants of it.

Save your money. You never know when your next check is your last

I think I saw where his lady is now with a child due later this yr. He’s most likely gone regardless.

I'd hope he'd return with that kind of draft position (grade)
Agreed. Some slight improvements to his game could potentially get him into the first round next year. There may be some factors that we aren't privy to may keep him in the draft. I wish him nothing but the best. It's a testament to these players, and coaches Barnes, that they probably weren't concerned draftable prospects coming into Tennessee. GB🍊

Yep, I think he would be happy to get drafted, and not look back. Physically, he's ready, just needs to improve a couple things like his 3pt shot. Could be another Josh Richardson who improves with better competition.

I had Josh Richardson on my mind as well. I think he has improved every year, and needs to continue that trend. If he does, I could see him being a reliable starter in the NBA for several years., or at least a very reliable backup.

Bone has an uphill battle to be drafted. I think his NBA future will be decided in the Summer League.

I know all the vibe is he's gone regardless but it still doesn't add up to me. If he's gone for sure why hasn't he already taken the $ and forgone his senior year. There literally is nothing gained but not doing that if he's 100% gone.

I'm still thinking there is a slim
Chance he returns if the combine doesn't go well

I know all the vibe is he's gone regardless but it still doesn't add up to me. If he's gone for sure why hasn't he already taken the $ and forgone his senior year. There literally is nothing gained but not doing that if he's 100% gone.

I'm still thinking there is a slim
Chance he returns if the combine doesn't go well
Maybe he has and you just don’t know it?

Bone was listed in The Athletic's top 100 that was updated this week. He was No. 70 in it. Grant was No. 18 and Admiral was No. 33 or 34

Bone was listed in The Athletic's top 100 that was updated this week. He was No. 70 in it. Grant was No. 18 and Admiral was No. 33 or 34
Not bad, but I think the NBA Draft only has 60 players drafted. I think Bone's mind is made up, but imo, he would definitely be a lock to be drafted next year, if he returned for his senior year at UT

VN Store

Back