Bold Predictions: Lady Vols vs. Rutgers

Rickster

VFL
Rutgers has a roster of only eight players but has started 3-1 under the first season for head coach Coquese Washington. Rutgers will suffer their second defeat of the season and Kellie will play 10 players.

Last edited:
Maybe we need to stop these bold predictions threads, seems to be bad luck! We started this and we’re off to our worst start since the early 80s! 😂

No seriously bold prediction - we actually win. ;)

I think Rutgers lost to Seton Hall by about 20. Their tallest player is 6’3”. Yes they only have 8 players. We should win by 25 and we probably will play about 12 players.

Reactions: PureOrange
Maybe we need to stop these bold predictions threads, seems to be bad luck! We started this and we’re off to our worst start since the early 80s! 😂

No seriously bold prediction - we actually win. ;)

Good point. These predictions use to be part and parcel of the upcoming game thread. I do expect Kellie to shake things up a good bit for this next game.

Last edited:
Rutgers has a roster of only eight players but has started 4-0 under the first season for head coach Coquese Washington. While our resident Negas would love to see 5-0, Rutgers will suffer their first defeat of the season and Kellie will play 10 players.

Rickster, I love your prediction and agree with it, but someone, I hope not me, got your hackles up for sure. I know you don't like to see criticism of the team, coach or program, but I truly doubt there is anybody following this board who "would love to see" Tennessee lose to Rutgers. To me, praise and criticism come from the exact same place --- caring. I know you care and you tend to express your care consistently in a totally positive manner. That's obviously okay and it works for you. However, not everyone who loves a team shares that approach and most of the criticism I see on these pages come from folks who deeply care about the program and its parts. Expressing criticism does not mean the writer is a Negavol. I certainly don't think I am one and I doubt anyone taking the time to participate on these forums is either. Anyway, Go Vols!

Rickster, I love your prediction and agree with it, but someone, I hope not me, got your hackles up for sure. I know you don't like to see criticism of the team, coach or program, but I truly doubt there is anybody following this board who "would love to see" Tennessee lose to Rutgers. To me, praise and criticism come from the exact same place --- caring. I know you care and you tend to express your care consistently in a totally positive manner. That's obviously okay and it works for you. However, not everyone who loves a team shares that approach and most of the criticism I see on these pages come from folks who deeply care about the program and its parts. Expressing criticism does not mean the writer is a Negavol. I certainly don't think I am one and I doubt anyone taking the time to participate on these forums is either. Anyway, Go Vols!

Thank you for your well-written post. Nothing wrong with opinions. We all have them.

There is a ton of negativity I don't bother responding to but there are some here who very much dislike this program and come here to cause as much disarray as possible. What possible good can come from classifying our coaches and players as mid-level talent? You read all the posts. You know who I'm talking about. They've created a toxic environment in a PUBLIC forum that anyone can read. It's not right that they can say anything they want no matter how wrong it is or how hateful it is and if someone speaks up with an alternative viewpoint, they're the ones who get attacked. Not a good situation for anyone and it has probably damaged our recruiting significantly.

GLV

So, I won't do anymore prediction threads since I've apparently jinxed the team. Is there anyone interested in doing the game thread that would not turn it into a self-fulfilling prophesy?

Reactions: feathersax
Thank you for your well-written post. Nothing wrong with opinions. We all have them.

There is a ton of negativity I don't bother responding to but there are some here who very much dislike this program and come here to cause as much disarray as possible. What possible good can come from classifying our coaches and players as mid-level talent? You read all the posts. You know who I'm talking about. They've created a toxic environment in a PUBLIC forum that anyone can read. It's not right that they can say anything they want no matter how wrong it is or how hateful it is and if someone speaks up with an alternative viewpoint, they're the ones who get attacked. Not a good situation for anyone and it has probably damaged our recruiting significantly.

GLV

Tough issue. We disagree about what people can say in a public forum, even if it is despicable. As long as it isn't defamatory, forums like this are fair game even if the comment should not be said in my view. I totally agree that the forum is read more widely than some of the posters think, especially older posters who don't realize college kids live in a different -- social media based --- world than I grew up in. I certainly also agree that some of the posters are abrasive--some so consistently so that they lose all of their credibility.

I do think though, that any recruit or any family reading this forum should recognize that coming to Tennessee is going to bring with it, coming to a place with an unusually passionate fan base. Those fans will fill the stands and be exciting to play in front of for all of the years that they are here. And those same fans will love them and even mob the fields and the courts to show their support. But this place is not for the feint of heart. People who can't take (or ignore as irrelevant) criticism should consider going to a lesser school where there isn't enough interest to even have a viable board or one where a couple of people control the flow of information so tightly that their "board" is really not viable as a public exchange. I really like and appreciate these forums and I respect your approach to this issue, I just don't entirely agree. Peace and Go Vols!

.......I do think though, that any recruit or any family reading this forum should recognize that coming to Tennessee is going to bring with it, coming to a place with an unusually passionate fan base. Those fans will fill the stands and be exciting to play in front of for all of the years that they are here. And those same fans will love them and even mob the fields and the courts to show their support. But this place is not for the feint of heart. People who can't take (or ignore as irrelevant) criticism should consider going to a lesser school where there isn't enough interest to even have a viable board or one where a couple of people control the flow of information so tightly that their "board" is really not viable as a public exchange. I really like and appreciate these forums and I respect your approach to this issue, I just don't entirely agree. Peace and Go Vols!

Well, like you said before, we can agree to disagree. All this would go away if people would post under their real name. Surely that wouldn't be a problem because it is not stopping them from being as despicable as they want....or is it?

Last edited:
Rutgers has a roster of only eight players but has started 4-0 under the first season for head coach Coquese Washington. While our resident Negas would love to see 5-0, Rutgers will suffer their first defeat of the season and Kellie will play 10 players.

I am not sure what I am missing here, but I believe Rutgers is 3-1, having lost to Seton hall?

Rutgers has a roster of only eight players but has started 3-1 under the first season for head coach Coquese Washington. Rutgers will suffer their second defeat of the season and Kellie will play 10 players.
From the way our 16 player roster has played so far,it might be a blessing in disguise for the Lady Vols to limit their roster to a rotation of 8 players for this game .

From the way our 16 player roster has played so far,it might be a blessing in disguise for the Lady Vols to limit their roster to a rotation of 8 players for this game .

If Horston doesn't play, it should be an 8 player rotation until the game is decided. If Horston plays, we can go 9 deep.

We win due to superior talent and not due to better fundamentals and execution. I would love to see Key in a 4 out 1 in offense. Jackson is constantly flashing on the block and it clogs up the paint. They need to get out of there and allow Key to operate. Surround Key with 4 capable 3 point shooters and watch how much better she looks. Seriously we are wasting her talent and she would have done much better in a different system like what we see with Iowa, Iowa St and Kansas St.

We win due to superior talent and not due to better fundamentals and execution. I would love to see Key in a 4 out 1 in offense. Jackson is constantly flashing on the block and it clogs up the paint. They need to get out of there and allow Key to operate. Surround Key with 4 capable 3 point shooters and watch how much better she looks. Seriously we are wasting her talent and she would have done much better in a different system like what we see with Iowa, Iowa St and Kansas St.

But what would that look like on defense? A zone? Our best three point shooters are mostly slow, except for Powell. I think you'd have to have Powell, Darby, Horston, and Jackson or Justine to complement Key.

But what would that look like on defense? A zone? Our best three point shooters are mostly slow, except for Powell. I think you'd have to have Powell, Darby, Horston, and Jackson or Justine to complement Key.

Yea we’d have to play a zone. I would play Key with Powell, Horston, Darby and Puckett (or Pissott).

VN Store

Back