Bold Predictions: Lady Vols at Ohio State

Rickster

VFL
OSU scored 70 paint points in their romp over Notre Dame College. I seriously doubt they will get a third of that against the Lady Vols especially with our size and length.

1667742487704.png

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Rickea and Horston will be the scoring duo we’ve needed for a long time. Tamari will block, Franklin will rebound, Powell will dish, and Sara and Marta will make shots, along with Tess and Justine. Walker will help. Maybe a few minutes for everyone.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time we had an opening week that this challenging. Ohio State (on the road), UMass (don't sleep on them), and Indiana...?! I'm so curious how Kellie will manage the rotation since it's not like the last couple of years with an easier opening schedule where you can easily get everyone playing time. Can't wait to see how this week plays out!

@Rickster

Did OSU score 70 points total or 70 from the paint?
118 ohio state ndc 33 blow out city only watch to half time and some 3th quarter its on youtube so is lady vols badly over matched lost interested fast . could not tell you much only half watch blowouts hard to keep interested maybe its me.

Last edited:
OSU scored 70 paint points in their romp over Notre Dame College. I seriously doubt they will get a third of that against the Lady Vols especially with our size and length.

View attachment 511270
there center was a senior. they had some fast freshmen guards. off the bench. they liked to press. be fan to watch. 6 4 seems like big ten network said 55% fgs from center.

Pissott hits five threes.
How many minutes do you think she will play? Remember Ohio State presses all the time ans has two very good,experienced guards who must be defended well. I.e we need ball handlers and defenders in the game against them most of the time. Not the kind of game a freshmen will likely see major minutes.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
How many minutes do you think she will play? Remember Ohio State presses all the time ans has two very good,experienced guards who must be defended well. I.e we need ball handlers and defenders in the game against them most of the time. Not the kind of game a freshmen will likely see major minutes.

I'm not sure. I just think she's a player that will gradually get more and more minutes as the season wears on. If we can break the press, she's a nice player to have lingering in the corner in the open.

In my opinion, Justine will get 12 to15 minutes in this game. And thereafter she will get a few more minutes. Certainly, if Justine shows a propensity to score 9 to 11 points per game, Justine will see plenty of court time. GBO

Bold prediction is this could be a loss. Ohio State returns everybody from a team that beat Maryland when they had Miller, Reese, and Owuoso starting on the team by six points. I want to lose this prediction but this game could come down to who wins the scoring battle between Horston and Jackson vs Mikesell and Sheldon. Second they don't lose at home only a couple losses last season and only one wasn't a close game. The defense we played in the exhibition game was poor it will have to improve dramatically in this game. They can score last season 78 a game so we need to score probably 80 in this one. I don't see us going to deep into the bench this game. I expect Horston and Jackson and probably Powell will go over 30 minutes. Tough way to start a season hopefully we win big.

Thanks, Volfan12. It has been at least a decade since I stopped clogging my brain with too much info about other teams NOT named the Tennessee Lady Vols, so I didn't remember that OSU was returning some bigtime talent. Knowing this, a road win tomorrow night to kick off the season would be impressive. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
In my opinion, Justine will get 12 to15 minutes in this game. And thereafter she will get a few more minutes. Certainly, if Justine shows a propensity to score 9 to 11 points per game, Justine will see plenty of court time. GBO

You may be right. She will need to get better defensively to get that opportunity consistently.

Bold prediction is this could be a loss. Ohio State returns everybody from a team that beat Maryland when they had Miller, Reese, and Owuoso starting on the team by six points. I want to lose this prediction but this game could come down to who wins the scoring battle between Horston and Jackson vs Mikesell and Sheldon. Second they don't lose at home only a couple losses last season and only one wasn't a close game. The defense we played in the exhibition game was poor it will have to improve dramatically in this game. They can score last season 78 a game so we need to score probably 80 in this one. I don't see us going to deep into the bench this game. I expect Horston and Jackson and probably Powell will go over 30 minutes. Tough way to start a season hopefully we win big.

A healthy Tennessee team last season would’ve beaten that Maryland team too. Anything is possible but I don’t see Ohio State beating this Tennessee team.

Powell stats against them is very good if she plays this well tomorrow night this team controls game on the road and wins by 10. Having a PG who can run the team with the weapons we have should lead to big offensive night unless we are just tight and off in shooting. In CHRIST Alone.

Bold Prediction: Rickea Jackson kicks off a legit challenge to Boston as SEC POY. Having found the right situation at long last, Jackson goes off for 25 pts. Horston approaches double digit rebounds.

I forgot Powell has played in Columbus before! That's a plus. I'm predicting she'll dish 6 assists.

Lady Vols by 16....
Justine for 9...The legend begins to grow.
6291496a4c74f.image.jpg

Hah! "THE OSU" will come out and see the LVs starting line-up at the tip-off and then run fer' the hills. This will be the first forfeited game in the history of WCBB.

I will go bolder LV by 17 Justine goes for 10 LOL

It's fantastic to have a player of Justine's caliber waiting to bomb the big 3 balls and thrill all of us to the max.....I mean this girl plays and shoots from where that demon lives....And she's all Lady Vol!

In a short time, this is what our opponents will vision when Justine steps onto the court....The 3 point demon!
Best-Occult-Movies-That-You-Should-Watch-in-2021.gif

Bold Prediction: Rickea Jackson kicks off a legit challenge to Boston as SEC POY. Having found the right situation at long last, Jackson goes off for 25 pts. Horston approaches double digit rebounds.

I forgot Powell has played in Columbus before! That's a plus. I'm predicting she'll dish 6 assists.

This! I would absolutely love to see a statement game. Go out and show that the Lady Vols are realllly back!

Excited to cheer them on tomorrow!

As excited as we are about this team, we have GOT to show a teeny bit of patience to start the season because they will need time to truly mesh as a team. No team is going to look Final Four ready right from the start, so I hope everyone will keep that in mind. My hopes for the first 5 or 6 games are that we 1. Win 2. Have no injuries 3. Show snippets here and there of all they CAN be later on 4. Show steady improvement, and 5. See great body language from every player in the game and on the bench.

They'll need time to work out the kinks.

VN Store

Back