Bobby Petrino fired

I’d say they are similar to Arizona State. I don’t see Louisville as a highly appealing job. None of the candidates so far seem too appealing.

If your including Brohm then that's pretty far out there statement. It's literally amazing what he has done at Purdue.

When they was in the American Athletic Conference that was true, not now in the ACC. They have the name brand, conference and recruiting base to be a solid annual Top 20 program.
So does Arizona State and more than 20 other programs. Top flight means different things to each of us. I was agreeing with you in part by saying that it’s not a job that takes a flyer on a HC.

I think Purdue is going to make it hard for Brohm to leave. Who knows.
He isn't after money though. That's the thing. He wants challenge and he wants to stay close to family. Louisville has the advantage for proximity, and Purdue allows him better competition in the Big Ten.

He's stating 2 sources VERY close to UofL, the same sources that told him (and he was right) that there was major news coming out of Louisville within 72 hours.

Purdue head coach Jeff Brohm said any reports connecting his name and the Louisville opening are "completely false" and when asked about Dan Dakich's tweet/reporting from earlier today, the Boilermakers second-year coach said "there's nothing to that".

Brohm did say tonight following his team's practice that he's been forced to address the issue with his team and that "his door is always open" to the current members of his Purdue roster wanting to ask him questions.

TIFWIW, Brady (his son) is still tweeting Purdue stuff non-stop. I bet he wouldn't be as much (if at all), if the Louisville rumors were true.

VN Store

Back