Bobby Petrino fired

I know he has a checkered past, but I figured he has at least earned a pass for a losing season.

Makes me wonder if there is more to this, like leadership has lost faith with him for reasons besides W/L.

Edit: thinking about it, with all the Petino and Jurich stuff this was probably just a good excuse to purge the rest of the stink outta that athletic department. Start fresh.

Last edited:
Can FSU trade Willie to UL for cash and a coach to be named later? Please!:cool:

Hilarious typo
Booby...😏

snicker-gif.gif

Reactions: tbh
UofL fans have been dreaming of Brohm returning for years. No reason he’d leave a good gig at Purdue for the dumpster fire in Louisville despite being the hometown hero. Brohm has a top 20 class coming in and nearly won the B1G West this season. He’s landed 3 huge recruits from Louisville including Moore. The Ville is coming to Brohm not the other way around!

Reactions: Bluff City Vol
I'm sure he'll land somewhere, as an OC at the very least. But my goodness, Petrino is severely overrated as a coach.

It's Louisville. Not what anyone would call a big time job.
Did well with Ark. He's done well every year...except this year. Not overrated.

There is more behind the scenes than W/L's. Gotta be.

The be
It's Louisville. Not what anyone would call a big time job.
Did well with Ark. He's done well every year...except this year. Not overrated.

There is more behind the scenes than W/L's. Gotta be.

The best he ever finished at Arkansas was second in the West, once.

Third in the west with Bama and LSU as your only loses one year and a Cotton and Sugar Bowl is pretty good at Ark.
The thing that urks me the most is he broke the SECs unbeaten streak of beating Ohio State in bowl games. Ryan Mallett squad losing to Terrelle Pryor under the sweater vest still grosses me out. Yes i know Tattoo U vacated the win but still i know what i saw even if history books show it didnt happen.

Reactions: peaygolf
2 thoughts come to mind. Someone is going to get a good OC and if UL misses on Brohm then I can see them going after Lane. They have shown that they will make questionable hires.

VN Store

Back