Bob Stoops

I think Tennessee can land a great coach but some of you are so completely disconnected from reality it’s ridiculous. We’re not getting Stoops or Meyer; we have about as much chance at them as we would hiring Saban a way from Bama.
So why would we not get him if Stoops wants a challenge and the money is right?

I think George Cafego is the clear front runner. Really like your suggestion tho.

They CAN pay as much as others.

They just choose not too.
Tennessee cannot pay as much as others. IF the boosters were on the same page they could have anyone they wanted but they aren’t and that’s unlikely to change soon. You have one side that doesn’t want Fulmer and one side that doesn’t want Haslam running things. And neither side can see that neither Fulmer nor Haslam need to have any influence on hiring.

People should see his home in Okl, yeah id leave it to start from scratch in same conference as bama, lsu, ga, fl. All he had to beat was UTW and Baylor.

That house was about five miles from my previous house so I’ve driven by it a few times and you are correct. It’s huge and he has a helicopter landing pad. Crazy.

Because of COVID putting an assistant or two on the sidelines, Stoops was asked by Riley to help coach practice this week. Which he did. I guess he could be enticed to come back to CFB.

For the right money Stoops would be at ut, and I would be thrilled for him to get us to the playoffs.

It's a sad situation. What is? That for the last decade (seems like a millennium) that most discussions on VN seems to be about firing the HC, horrible play, and who should be the next HC. I'm not being critical of the
writers. It's just a commentary on the state of affairs on the hill. When will there be some good news for VN?

We are never going to compete if we continue to exchange coaches ever 3 years, for similar quality coaches. Keep Pruitt, he'll get there, he can recruit. If you fire him or even start this firing him jazz and you set the program backwards. This year is not a good test of who or what we truly are. To much chaos. We couldnt get anyone of higher profile last time. What has changed that we are a better draw now? Nothing.

Let’s see, he is not a loser, an up and comer, a coordinator, or a bargain basement coach. They have probably scratched him off the board due to his qualifications.

And ridiculing a plain old fan for even suggesting such an absurdity

Seems like a decent stabilizer for this program. Would hope he could have the Rick Barnes effect! Shot in the dark but damn ill take anything at this point!!!!!

How about this guy! He once threw 4 touchdowns in a single game for Polk High school!

Attachments

• 20201128_223157.jpg
    20201128_223157.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back