Blame the Sports writers!! And maybe yourselves?

Maybe if the coaches and players spent less time reading all the VN posts about how the product SUCKED and used that time improving their game that would change the fan's narrative. Then again, maybe spending my time and money for the last 45years really is the reason the program is on an express elevator to irrelevance.

This argument is made all the time.

You can have Kevin Bacon standing outside pleading for everyone to "Remain calm. All is well." all you want, but everyone being chipper while everything goes to hell......doesn't help prevent things from going to hell.

So, maybe being in a foul mood doesn't help, but it's not the problem either.

You can have Kevin Bacon standing outside pleading for everyone to "Remain calm. All is well." all you want, but everyone being chipper while everything goes to hell......doesn't help prevent things from going to hell.

Leadership is the problem. Sure the fans being buttholes don’t help but you rely on leadership to point your program and it’s fans in the right direction. There’s no direction right now.

Wake! Up!! Every day that writers post these articles "Declaring the end is near for Pruitt" AND THEY DONT REALLY KNOW!! Your going to have the Henry T's and players that committed to Pruitt want to leave!! It's not! The 3-7 season and your opinion of Pruitt. Pruitt is still here!! Trying to calm these guys and their families. #1. How many guys he recruited want to stay if he is gone?? #2. Do you read the vicious comments about players and Coaches on here? They do! #3. How many current commits want to stay when they are gone??
Face it! Between these sports writers and "get rid of the bum" THE TEAM WILL BE DECIMATED!! would you? Want to come here? If Oklahoma, Bama, Ohio st. Clemson, florida, georgia are offering. When we go 0-12 just blame Pruitt! Or Fulmer! Or Karma🤦‍♂️
The irony here is...unless a recruit/player and their parents are blind/deaf they are saying/thinking the same things as all of us.

After all they know how football programs work. Hell they can watch what is going on in the NFL with coaches and figure this out. An HC goes 3-7 in his 3rd year, keeps getting blown out by conference rivals by double digits. loses to a scrub sub-level team at home, getting blown out on your home field by a team, National TV tells America you are investigating for recruiting violations....WTF does fans posting on a message board have to do with what they can see/figure out on their own?

2E73B67A-3BEF-4031-847B-AEEAB50C2302.gif

Reactions: loservol

Ok. I’m tired of freaking gator fans making more sense than our Superfan Sunshine Pumpers around here.

Newsflash- anyone left wearing Orange is a true fan at this point. Frankly, if you are still a bandwagon or fair weather Vol fan, you’re an idiot. That ship has sailed. So let’s stop questioning each other’s loyalty, and stop blaming the customers because the product sucks.

‘Kay??

Wake! Up!! Every day that writers post these articles "Declaring the end is near for Pruitt" AND THEY DONT REALLY KNOW!! Your going to have the Henry T's and players that committed to Pruitt want to leave!! It's not! The 3-7 season and your opinion of Pruitt. Pruitt is still here!! Trying to calm these guys and their families. #1. How many guys he recruited want to stay if he is gone?? #2. Do you read the vicious comments about players and Coaches on here? They do! #3. How many current commits want to stay when they are gone??
Face it! Between these sports writers and "get rid of the bum" THE TEAM WILL BE DECIMATED!! would you? Want to come here? If Oklahoma, Bama, Ohio st. Clemson, florida, georgia are offering. When we go 0-12 just blame Pruitt! Or Fulmer! Or Karma🤦‍♂️

Why are you bad at this?

Riiiight. Let's not blame the UT administration, athletic department and head coach. They did not recruit the players and coach them. The sports writers and "nega vols" are the ones who have caused this dumpster fire for the last fifteen plus years. You are really spot on. Great observation!

Do you really believe, that recruits are unaware of the product this staff puts on the field without Volnation post or 247 articles talking about it?
Yep, fan posts on Volnation are the problem. KY 34 TN 7 has nothing to do with it.

Ok. I’m tired of freaking gator fans making more sense than our Superfan Sunshine Pumpers around here.

Newsflash- anyone left wearing Orange is a true fan at this point. Frankly, if you are still a bandwagon or fair weather Vol fan, you’re an idiot. That ship has sailed. So let’s stop questioning each other’s loyalty, and stop blaming the customers because the product sucks.

‘Kay??

If you are a “fair weather” UT fan, you aren’t doing it right and should be given an ink blot test

Hell No

If the players love the coach so much, then they should play harder. If the coach loves his job, he should motivate the staff to coach harder. Bible says if you sow sparingly, you'll reap sparingly. You get out what you put in. And Pruitt put in 3 wins worth looks like to me.

Ok, you're right, it's my fault.

Sports writers love it when a coach is on the hot seat, especially here. I'd say they've made a small fortune on the goings on since Kiffin.

Great post. I've said this for years. As a former athlete myself, whis dad and cousin played fir the vols. I promise that the players know of all the negative crsp speed on these boards. The fans make it hard for these kids sometimes. The best thing for s program is stability from the top down. When everyone is screaming to dismantle the program after 3 years they need to think of the poop show to follow I'm trying to rebuild a program yet again. Just because a few programsrebounded with quick turnarounds don't mean thatd the norm. Its anything but. Fsns need to shut up and let this guy continue to build this program. These kidsclearly like Pruitt and staff ir they wouldn't be here, I just wonder how many went to the portal because of the constant rumors started on social media? These kids know how to read, and coaches should not have to waste time ensuring players and parents that the fans are full of it. Especially, when the fans have NO clue and are making comments based in drunken rage.

If you think the jury is still out on Pruitt idk what to tell you. Pruitt had managed to put together a resume that would make Derek Dooley laugh. The fans wouldn’t be an issue if the administration wasn’t dumber than any in the entire nation.
You weren’t saying that during the 8 game winning streak and first half lead at GA.

I would say more kids don’t want to be at Tennessee bc of the product on the field than want to be there bc of Pruitt. Instead of reading why don’t you fire up a game op and tell me why anyone would want to play for this guy?
rate.. spikes like a true non athlete. I hope you realize all of these kids feel like they can help this program win and eventually make it to the NFL. Thsts part of the mental make up that makes these kids so good. They don't think like a reportar analyzing the situation. They think like alpha males as they should. When this program gain some stability this offseason and they double the wins next year, very, very few on this site will be taken seriously. Hopefully, my kid will get some interest from UT after attending a Juco. I promise the only thing on his mind will be playing time and NFL chances.

The UT administration, Phillip Fulmer, and Jeremy Pruitt are to blame for this clusterf***. It’s not the sports writers, the fans, or the Russians.

My concern is with the absolute harshness, like painting the rock and constant bad mouthing from fans, Pruitt knows football! He may or may not be head coach material, but he knows football better than anyone who comments on here! PERIOD! so a better question would be! What player would want to come to Tennessee? These guys were 2 years old when we were relevant! Georgia, Florida, Bama A&M are all successful now! If a Coach can't have us competing for the east in 3 years he is gonna get railed! We have to recruit against those teams just in the SEC! I'm telling you! All this negativity just makes us less attractive to players and Coaches

Explain what knowing football means to you.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
You weren’t saying that during the 8 game winning streak and first half lead at GA.
Losses against Ga State and BYU had most questioning Pruitt already. Auburn was his best win of his entire time here imo. Who else did he beat during that “winning streak” that made you think he was the answer?

VN Store

Back