Blame the Administration

I would have hired a current head coach who has has success in a Power 5 conference....as a HC.

Stop stop stop...

Yes we could have hired one. Texas A&M did...We have at least as much tradition as that program...and money is not an issue. Miss St did..

But keep believing and go celebrate our new state of if mediocrity and be happy with the pile of dog crap being served

I’m not happy. I would pack Pruitts ass today if it were up to me. I asked who people would hire. If your answer is Jimbo Fisher then that’s certainly respectable, If not realistic.

I’m afraid you’re right

I know I am right. That's why me and you advocated in the same direction in the last hiring search. I knew we needed to invest in our program. One school goes from winning 4 games to winning 10 and the other quits and gets curbstomped at home by UK.

I think Pruitt is a good defensive mind and he knows what succeeds in the SEC. That doesnt mean he's got the skillset to succeed at a job like Tennessee at that point in time.

I know I am right. That's why me and you advocated in the same direction in the last hiring search. I knew we needed to invest in our program. One school goes from winning 4 games to winning 10 and the other quits and gets curbstomped at home by UK.

I think Pruitt is a good defensive mind and he knows what succeeds in the SEC. That doesnt mean he's got the skillset to succeed at a job like Tennessee at that point in time.
It doesn’t seem he is learning on the job either. I hope that changes because my university has proven they cannot hire coaches.

Any sane person would see that the hire we wound up after Schiano Sunday was not going to be a homerun. That includes Mike Leach which was adored by many here.

Regardless, I'm not an idiot that is about t start saying Pruitt is worse than the previous regime when Pruitt has had 30 games here vs 61 for Butch.

#BaileyManiaHasStarted
Dooley was only given 36 games at UT. Why should Pruitt be given another year if the team finishes below .500 this year?

Pruitt has outperformed Dooley. There’s no reason to compare the two. At all
How has he outperformed Dooley? At least Dooley's teams showed some life against Florida and Georgia when he was head coach. Did Dooley's teams have 3 straight losses to Georgia by 20 plus points? Did his teams lose to Kentucky at home by 27?

Dooley took us to one bowl game and so far Pruitt has taken us to one. If we have a losing season this year why should he be allowed more time than Dooley was? As it looks right now this team will be lucky to win 4 games this year. That's how many wins Dooley had his last year as coach.

How has he outperformed Dooley? At least Dooley's teams showed some life against Florida and Georgia when he was head coach. Did Dooley's teams have 3 straight losses to Georgia by 20 plus points? Did his teams lose to Kentucky at home by 27?

Dooley took us to one bowl game and so far Pruitt has taken us to one. If we have a losing season this year why should he be allowed more time than Dooley was? As it looks right now this team will be lucky to win 4 games this year. That's how many wins Dooley had his last year as coach.
An all sec schedule means this year doesn’t count. Everyone understands that. Plus his buyout means he’s absolutely not leaving till 2023 at the earliest.
Might as well get used to it or find something else to do on Saturday.

An all sec schedule means this year doesn’t count. Everyone understands that. Plus his buyout means he’s absolutely not leaving till 2023 at the earliest.
Might as well get used to it or find something else to do on Saturday.
This year does count. And it's the administration's fault for locking up Pruitt for that long. He continues to perform like this he will be gone before then. And there is nothing I've seen that shows this team under Pruitt will be anything better than a 7-5 team.

This year does count. And it's the administration's fault for locking up Pruitt for that long. He continues to perform like this he will be gone before then. And there is nothing I've seen that shows this team under Pruitt will be anything better than a 7-5 team.
Sigh
No he won’t. we are not buying him out. we’re just not.
When we finally replace him it will be another project up and coming coach who will work for less money because the administration at UT doesn’t care the way the fans do. we’re not winning any championships in my lifetime

VN Store

Back