Blackout for Kentucky game? Halloween

An idea I had for the dark mode uniform reveal.......

SCENE: Neyland Stadium interior, daytime, overhead shot. A man is seen standing at the 50-yard line. Drone shot tracks down, voice starts as drone camera shows the man to be Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs.

Glenn Jacobs (GJ): Hello. I’m Knox County Mayor, Glenn Jacobs; and I’m here inside Neyland Stadium. Admittedly, when the University first approached me to do this video, I was a bit confused as to why. I’m the mayor, I don’t have any say about football? But, like everything else I do, I promised them that I would ‘give my all for Tennessee’, so here goes.

(drone shot pans up and around the stadium as Mayor Jacobs continues to speak)

GJ: Inside this great colosseum, names like Reynolds, White, Holloway, Manning, Spiva, Cafego and Harper all heard seven maxims repeated time and again. Those seven maxims were originally the brainchild of the very same legendary coach who has his statue just outside the stadium, which carries his name. They’ve served teams from the time of Neyland until today quite well…….

(camera tracking shot as Mayor Jacobs begins a slow walk towards the end zone, voiceover continues. Each cut back to Mayor Jacobs shows him nearer the end zone/tunnel.)

GJ: One: The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

(insert team footage)

GJ: Two: Play for and make the breaks. When one comes your way - SCORE.

(insert footage from Akron game of Tamarion McDonald’s interception/Jalin Hyatt touchdown)

GJ: Three: If at first the game – or the breaks – go against you, don’t let up….put on more steam.

(insert team offense footage)

GJ: Four: Protect our kickers, our quarterback, our lead, and our ball game.

(insert team footage – maybe a RB throwing a block in pass protection?)

GJ: Five: Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle for this is the WINNING EDGE

(insert team footage, gang tackling Gibbs would be good here)

GJ: Six: Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.

(insert McGrath footage from end of Bama game)

GJ: Seven: Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for sixty minutes.

(insert footage of team celebrating a win)

(As the last maxim is read, Mayor Jacobs should be very near the Tennessee locker room. A smile comes across his face as he reaches the doors of the locker room as he speaks again.)

GJ: Like I said, I was a bit confused when I was first approached about this. They could have asked anyone, they could have asked one of the countless alumni of this prestigious University. They could have asked any of the hundreds of former players who’ve donned the Orange and White and taken to Shields-Watkins Field. Why did they ask me? Then it dawned on me.

(He snaps his fingers and the lights go completely out, the doors to locker room are heard opening as a dim spotlight illuminates only Mayor Jacobs’ face, which now wears his legendary Kane mask)

GJ: It’s because I know a thing or two about the darkness.

(His arms raise slowly and drop, which causes orange lights in the locker room to come up (maybe with smoke??) revealing the team standing behind him in the dark mode uniforms with helmets on. “Slow Chemical” by Finger Eleven plays as the uniforms are shown. Final shot is the Power T on a solid black background.)
You better get this 💩 trademarked ASAP!

Reactions: sgtwebb1
Better forget all of the unnecessary distractions and concentrate on playing football. Kentucky will be ready to play after losing last year and all of the great hype from our win could lead to overconfidence and lack of attention to doing things to win. Fans can be giddy. Players and coaches cannot. We are not in a fashion show-we are in a football season.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Better forget all of the unnecessary distractions and concentrate on playing football. Kentucky will be ready to play after losing last year and all of the great hype from our win could lead to overconfidence and lack of attention to doing things to win. Fans can be giddy. Players and coaches cannot. We are not in a fashion show-we are in a football season.

Go away

Kiffin did it for the SC game and I admit I loved it then. But, now is not the time nor does it fit the image of this year's team. Therefore, I hope we stay with traditional uniforms and build on the tradition of kicking butt.

Team wears the black Unis trimmed in Orange.

Checker Neyland Orange and BLACK. :eek:

Seriously, I need to Copyright this crap. :p

Reactions: McDad
I know it sounds cheesy, but I really like the idea of CheckerNeyland for this game and if you are in "white" section wear Black.
Black & Orange checkered Neyland for a night game with the Dark Mode uni's.

Well crap, foiled again--need to read all the posts before dropping my (not so original) ideas.
However, great minds do think alike. :cool:

Reactions: TOrange99
You better get this 💩 trademarked ASAP!

Only thing that would improve on that would be doing a recorded version on the jumbotrons, and when the locker room doors open to the team, and the fireworks explosions clear, there stands Kane, but instead of his traditional black/red wrestling outfit, it's black and BIG FRIGGIN ORANGE!!! :cool:

Reactions: DeusExMachina

VN Store

Back