Black Uniforms vs Ole Miss?

100 years ago this year...How about we just LEAVE them in the annuals of history and just wear our orange and white uniforms...After all we are the Big Orange!...Not the big Black.
Just me, but my opinion if we’re doing black go all the way and do flat black helmets...white helmets doesn’t finish the drill if you’re trying to go bold

It was a fun night and a good win, but those 2009 Halloween jerseys leave a lot to be desired. Either go solid black (with orange T, pant stripes, and numbers) from helmet to cleat, or don't bother with them imho.
gettyimages-92588705.jpg

As others have mentioned, something about the white helmet and orange pants just throws off the look of the black jersey.
It’s a horrible look. Love the orange. Love the white. Love the black. But this particular combination just isn’t it. It’s not a cohesive look.

If we’re doing black we should do these “1903” version on this chart. I know the date isn’t correct but it would be sweet to see a big time throwback…I’d also like to see the “1914” Smokey grayDAB65FCD-CC3D-4DB8-B1C2-98540670D278.png

If we’re doing black we should do these “1903” version on this chart. I know the date isn’t correct but it would be sweet to see a big time throwback…I’d also like to see the “1914” Smokey grayView attachment 387854
You know? I am starting to really like the 1938 look. Orange jerseys with Brown britches with an orange helmet would be memorable. Or we could go all 1903. And be really brave and play without helmets!

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
I hope it is the Ole Miss game. My father and I will be taking my 4-year-old son to his first Vols game that day. I also hope they wear some black or orange helmets, though!
A white helmet stands out like a sore thumb with all black uni's. The helmet needs to be black,imo.

It was a fun night and a good win, but those 2009 Halloween jerseys leave a lot to be desired. Either go solid black (with orange T, pant stripes, and numbers) from helmet to cleat, or don't bother with them imho.
gettyimages-92588705.jpg

As others have mentioned, something about the white helmet and orange pants just throws off the look of the black jersey.
Yep.......solid black and orange, including helmet. No white around the numbers and no stripe down the pants. Solid black with solid orange numbers and a solid orange power T on a black helmet. An orange nike logo on black cleats is acceptable.

Reactions: zeppelin128
Am I the only one who kinda wishes they’d bring back the Smokey greys with orange and white trim

If we’re doing black we should do these “1903” version on this chart. I know the date isn’t correct but it would be sweet to see a big time throwback…I’d also like to see the “1914” Smokey grayView attachment 387854
1903, 1914, 1925..all awesome uniforms that would be great throwbacks.

VN Store

Back