Black Jerseys???

Preferred Walk Ons
What I thought or JV guys that were on the cusp of making the Varsity team. In my HS the JV wore different jersey's than the varsity, I always thought they did it like that to make it more of an honor to be on Varsity and to differentiate. Honestly it probably was the JV wore the old hand me down uniforms, back in the day multiple uniforms didn't happen.

Looks like our basketball team can recruit very well not using gimmick uniforms. Wish we had a football program on that level. You would think as much as we are paying players they would wear the uniforms we tell them to wear.

Looks like our basketball team can recruit very well not using gimmick uniforms. Wish we had a football program on that level. You would think as much as we are paying players they would wear the uniforms we tell them to wear.
Tell us, which players are refusing to wear the uniform assigned on any particular Saturday?

In my opinion the black jerseys are Tennessee's best uniform combination. The black jerseys look amazing during night games in football. I wouldn't mind seeing the Vols basketball team have an alternate road jersey to go to sometimes.
1709402345152.png

Last edited:
We are told that the players prefer the alternates. and that is the reason the program uses them.
So then you're problem is disagreeing with their opinion on their preferences and not that they refuse to wear what they are told.

What is the appeal of these satanic black uniforms everywhere in the country?

I think you’re onto something here. Have you ever … when you’re listening to your records backwards, as we all do from time to time … listened to “Another One Bites the Dust” backwards?

Tennessee looks set to wear its alternate cream Vols-script jerseys for their Top 15 matchup against Auburn on Wednesday night in Knoxville.

The Vols’ alternate look first debuted during the 2022-2023 season and was the Vols’ primary home jersey during their postseason run in the NCAA Tournament. The uniforms feature a cream jersey with an orange Vols script across the chest along with cream shorts with a single orange stripe down the side.
I don’t like those. They look like dirty whites to me

VN Store

Back