Black Bears

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
Lately I keep seeing in the news, videos of bears in Tennessee using jacuzzis, going through trash, etc. Are they becoming more brave or is this normal? Not sure how common it is, I’ve never encountered one.

Since we are so close to the mountains, do any of you have any interesting stories of black bear encounters?

Lately I keep seeing in the news, videos of bears in Tennessee using jacuzzis, going through trash, etc. Are they becoming more brave or is this normal? Not sure how common it is, I’ve never encountered one.

Since we are so close to the mountains, do any of you have any interesting stories of black bear encounters?
Because of the warm winter followed by a few freezes near the end of spring, there was significant plant damage that caused them to have less of their food supply. So, they are out in search of food.

Reactions: MAD
Seems like they have been pretty active this spring but it could also be more people filming them with their phones, posting to social media, then getting spread around or even picked up by traditional media.

In my 20+ years of hiking regularly I have seen one bear. Last year… It wasn’t even on the trail but off the road on the way to a trail.

There was a young one in my neighborhood the week before last. I live in town not out in the country so that was pretty rare event.

Reactions: MAD

B2CF6B56-5AB2-408D-88D4-E5409E17559B.jpegThis guy came walking down my driveway a couple weeks back. Came up on the back deck and took a dump there then headed down to my neighbors front porch.

View attachment 372771This guy came walking down my driveway a couple weeks back. Came up on the back deck and took a dump there then headed down to my neighbors front porch.

Then its not a bear. Bears poop in the woods.

Prolly a manbearpig, chupacabra or sasquatch.

Wait.

On further review, definitely not a sasquatch. Picture is not blurry.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back