Bj Edwards in the portal? [confirmed]

People act like no one had to leave

Not to be rude, but what did he show at Tennessee? I know he was just a freshman but he looked slow. I can see him going to a non p5 abd doing alright

Good luck to him and i wish him well

I'm more concerned this paves the way for JJJ or Uros to return. They need to move on

Hope things work out for the young man but it was expected. I think we may have one more enter the portal but we will know by the 11th (last day to enter the portal).

I'm more concerned this paves the way for JJJ or Uros to return. They need to move on
Edwards leaving puts us at the limit of 13 doesn't it? That being the case, none of our seniors have a spot to return to.

Reactions: vols 30
Welcome to the new era of NCAA basketball and football. Whether you like it or don’t like it doesn’t much matter. Just the way it is now. I’ve gotten where I don’t worry about the roster until they come out of the locker room for the first game because it can change now with very little notice. No sense in getting upset about it.

Let's face it if Edwards could have contributed he would have played. Turner, Bone, Bowden and Ziegler were all rated 3 stars and they all contributed as freshmen. I think it has to do with his foot speed and defense.

Reactions: FeelVol
Barnes and his staff get paid the big bucks to make hard decisions. UT has yet to have a transfer under Barnes really pan out IMO. Pushing out Edwards, who showed some promise in limited time as a true freshman, for Gainey and Co. seems like a risky move to me, particularly with the transfer struggles to date. I guess we shall see how it goes.

They see them every day in practices. So, I'm assuming Barnes knows enough to know its a good decision. Edwards seemed to have a bit of offensive game. So, I guess he deficiencies were on the defensive end.

We would’ve been better off just taking another transfer with his spot last year. Think Barnes felt he had to take him because he was a “local 4 star”
This was the first thing I thought of when I read he was transferring. We could've really used an older quality backup instead of a guy who played less than 3 minutes per game.

I think the only reason I was hoping this wouldn’t happen is now we have to go through yet another cycle with the local idiots hating Rick Barnes and wanting him fired because a local kid didn’t become an All-American. It’s already happening from some of the reactions I’ve seen.
Well you know how it goes, he’ll go somewhere else with a chip on his shoulder and WILL become an All-American (even if it’s at a different division) and those whiners will really come out of the woodwork then! Ha! Ha!

I’m going to defer to Coach Barnes and his expertise on this one, hard for me to reconcile giving up a young local product for any transfer from a lower major.

I trust CRB, but this can be a dangerous game to play because of how the transfer portal can affect high school recruiting. What if Grant, Admiral, Bone or any other player he’s developed transferred because of bringing in transfers?

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
He wasn't gonna get much playing time at TN. When Mashack took the job of 2nd PG, it was pretty much done IMO.
This! Writing was on the wall when Mashack got minutes at PG when Zeigler went down. Given Dilione evidently was playing PG on scout team, just don’t see any minutes for Edwards next year. Good luck to the young man. Hope he can find a program and excel.

Reactions: lynnh

VN Store

Back