BJ Coleman looked awesome last night VS Riverdale

50% completion rate isnt all that spectacular
With 2:44 to go in the game, McCallie had the ball on its own 10 yard line, down by 14, and no time outs. Sure, the hail mary was spectacular, but taking his team on the first TWO scoring drives (90 yds/10 plays and 50 yds/8 plays) with no time outs was very impressive. Coolest performance by a HS qb I've ever seen. I'm going to try to catch the game in Knoxville next week.

Of course almost everyone picked Riverdale... they've consistently been at the top of 4A for YEARS. Plus, as you pointed out, it took a hail mary to beat them. :lol: Otherwise they would have won.

Good job by the rich kids though. :) Sounds like they've got a really good ballteam. Don't they often play MBA as well?
Riverdale was a superior TEAM, no doubt. They ran all over McCallie gaining over 400 yards on the ground. They simply made the mistake of not keeping the ball away from Coleman. He was a man among boys. Everyone thought the game was over ... except that QB.

Coleman wont sniff the field till he's a Senior, if he sniffs it at all.

Ainge, Crompton, Stephens
Makes me wonder how many games you've seen Coleman play. I've studied his tape from the 2005 season - every game, every play. I've also watched Korn (Clemson) and Brantley (Texas). Coleman's better than Korn and in the same class as Brantley. I'm just not sure how you can make the statement you've made about Coleman's prospects. I've studied QBs for a lot of years (longer than you've been alive, in fact, if your profile is accurate) and you simply never know how they will perform at the next level. With respect to arm strength and accuracy, Coleman can keep up with Crompton or Stephens NOW. So, unless you've viewed a lot of film of these kids or watched them at, say, 7on7 passing competitions, you might want to give the kid the benefit of the doubt. Cutcliffe thought he was pretty good.

VN Store

Back