Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, and the Future of Global Finance

Was reading a post from 2016 when we were talking about BC...it was 600 a coin. What is it now, like 12,000? Even as late as 2016 getting in would have made me wealthy if I had put my 401k money on coin....
$20,000 would have made you a millionaire

Etherium is up 300% since I bought in December. Aave is up 180% since I bought yesterday
What is your suggestion for how someone who is completely ignorant about the ins and outs... and above all the pitfalls of crypto to get started? Where does one go to learn about this?

What is your suggestion for how someone who is completely ignorant about the ins and outs... and above all the pitfalls of crypto to get started? Where does one go to learn about this?

I think it's a good start to know about what each tech is and does. BTC is basically just a secure currency but it has the biggest name, etc. That's a big part of what makes it attractive. Litecoin is similar to BTC except it's not as secure (can be mined with a regular PC). Etherium isn't a currency, per se. It's more of a smart contract network so the practical implications have unforeseeable potential. I view it as a more long term investment but it's also currently exploding. Then there is ******** like dogecoin which is completely silly, there is no cap to the supply, and people are just having fun with it.

I'd be lying if I said I totally know what I'm doing. I'm just playing with $ that won't hurt to lose. All my other investments are low risk. I would start with investopedia and get the basics there, and then for longer term exit strategies, I would look for the cryptos that have the most practical applications beyond currency. That's all the advice i feel comfortable giving beyond just saying block chain tech is going to rule.

This should help

https://www-thestreet-com.cdn.amppr...rity/five-future-uses-for-blockchain-14589274

I think it's a good start to know about what each tech is and does. BTC is basically just a secure currency but it has the biggest name, etc. That's a big part of what makes it attractive. Litecoin is similar to BTC except it's not as secure (can be mined with a regular PC). Etherium isn't a currency, per se. It's more of a smart contract network so the practical implications have unforeseeable potential. I view it as a more long term investment but it's also currently exploding. Then there is ******** like dogecoin which is completely silly, there is no cap to the supply, and people are just having fun with it.

I'd be lying if I said I totally know what I'm doing. I'm just playing with $ that won't hurt to lose. All my other investments are low risk. I would start with investopedia and get the basics there, and then for longer term exit strategies, I would look for the cryptos that have the most practical applications beyond currency. That's all the advice i feel comfortable giving beyond just saying block chain tech is going to rule.

This should help

https://www-thestreet-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.thestreet.com/.amp/technology/cybersecurity/five-future-uses-for-blockchain-14589274?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA==#aoh=16123689844272&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.thestreet.com/technology/cybersecurity/five-future-uses-for-blockchain-14589274
What service(s) or app(s) do you use to trade crypto and/or stocks?

Not TRON but I bought some LINK. It's an ETH token that is used with API's for applications like Oracle
I’m invested in Grayscale Bitcoin Trust & Bitwise Index Fund. But I’m looking to take a few speculative positions in crypto that are still cheap but could break out.

Looking at:
TRON
LINK
Cardano (ADA)
Stellar (XLM)

I’m invested in Grayscale Bitcoin Trust & Bitwise Index Fund. But I’m looking to take a few speculative positions in crypto that are still cheap but could break out.

Looking at:
TRON
LINK
Cardano (ADA)
Stellar (XLM)

I don't think coinbase trades cardano which immediately raises red flags. I'll give these a look later today. I meant to do that anyway.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
@85SugarVol

The only 2 of those 5 on Coinbase are LINK (which I already held) and XLM. XLM seems like cool tech (basically facilitates better/smarter financial transactions between banks, payment systems, and normal people) and you could buy a lot of tokens for cheap. You can actually get $10 worth (so like 25 tokens) if you answer a few questions about their tech on the Coinbase app. I'll probably throw down $100 on XLM and see what happens.

@85SugarVol

The only 2 of those 5 on Coinbase are LINK (which I already held) and XLM. XLM seems like cool tech (basically facilitates better/smarter financial transactions between banks, payment systems, and normal people) and you could buy a lot of tokens for cheap. You can actually get $10 worth (so like 25 tokens) if you answer a few questions about their tech on the Coinbase app. I'll probably throw down $100 on XLM and see what happens.
That’s exactly what I was looking to do. I thought Stellar was pretty interesting too.

Really appreciate you looking into it.

You use Coinbase or Coinbase Pro?

That’s exactly what I was looking to do. I thought Stellar was pretty interesting too.

Really appreciate you looking into it.

You use Coinbase or Coinbase Pro?

Regular. I have no idea what pro offers. I guess i should look into that

Regular. I have no idea what pro offers. I guess i should look into that
Pro has lower fees on transactions, and offers the ability to place limit and stop orders.

Apparently the interface is more complicated than regular.

Seems like Pro is the way to go, just didn’t know if there was a catch.

Reactions: n_huffhines

This should help

https://www-thestreet-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.thestreet.com/.amp/technology/cybersecurity/five-future-uses-for-blockchain-14589274?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA==#aoh=16123689844272&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.thestreet.com/technology/cybersecurity/five-future-uses-for-blockchain-14589274
Thanks

Edit: Awwwwww you edited out the name.... I was playing homage to his screen name. :( I have no idea if it is his real name or not...

Last edited:
@85SugarVol

Have you checked out BAT? It's really cool. It's an Ethereum token for a specific digital advertising platform called Brave. It's really just a browser but people will opt-in because they will get paid for their "attention". In other words, companies like Nike will pay for ad placement there and then the user gets a little bit of that revenue.

@85SugarVol

Have you checked out BAT? It's really cool. It's an Ethereum token for a specific digital advertising platform called Brave. It's really just a browser but people will opt-in because they will get paid for their "attention". In other words, companies like Nike will pay for ad placement there and then the user gets a little bit of that revenue.
Is it offered on Coinbase too? Or do you have to go to another exchange?

@Freak

Please consider registering this site with Brave browser software. It will allow users like me to earn BAT crypto coins and it will allow users to "tip" your website with that same cryptocurrency. I'll send you some BAT as a tip as soon as I either earn some or tie my Brave app to my coinbase app, where I have lots of tokens.

DOGE coin is making a move. I have about 10,000 and I’m holding until it hits for $40k like BTC

VN Store

Back