Biopsy's airline gripe thread

Getting ready to fly out of Tampa... The usually.. 9 wheelchairs and 3 ESD dogs.. Classic

Have you flown out of SRQ? It's like that even in the off-season. And 2/3 (minimum) of passengers have status. Still a great airport, though.

Flying through Atlanta tomorrow… Always a zoo in the ATL

I'll be there tomorrow too. ATL airport gets a bad rap. It's the busiest in the world, but relatively easy to get around and well-laid out. I've been to far, far worse airports.

I'll be there tomorrow too. ATL airport gets a bad rap. It's the busiest in the world, but relatively easy to get around and well-laid out. I've been to far, far worse airports.

I bet you got offered a Delta sky Miles credit card while walking to your connection

I bet you got offered a Delta sky Miles credit card while walking to your connection

I used to. They seem to have stopped being so aggressive about it a few years ago.

I'd rather fly through ATL than any of the NYC area airports, O'Hare, IAH, or DFW any day.

I'm callin' out Allegiant airline here. They are the sleaziest bunch in the biz. I fly from TYS to Punta Gorda/Ft Myers, 15 min to my house in Port Charlotte.
They advertise a $47 fare.......but! Carry on bag (anything larger than ladies purse or computer case) cost $15. Seat selection cost a minimum of $12 (more expensive for front of plane. Add taxes, 9/11 fee and other fees I've never heard of and the charges I've never heard of before and the $47 fare turns into $98.
Yes, still cheaper than driving 12 hrs but the way they do the add-ons is just sleazy.

I'm callin' out Allegiant airline here. They are the sleaziest bunch in the biz. I fly from TYS to Punta Gorda/Ft Myers, 15 min to my house in Port Charlotte.
They advertise a $47 fare.......but! Carry on bag (anything larger than ladies purse or computer case) cost $15. Seat selection cost a minimum of $12 (more expensive for front of plane. Add taxes, 9/11 fee and other fees I've never heard of and the charges I've never heard of before and the $47 fare turns into $98.
Yes, still cheaper than driving 12 hrs but the way they do the add-ons is just sleazy.

The duct tape holding their planes together costs money damn it!

Reactions: 1 person

A flight attendant on my AA flight a couple of days ago commented how ridiculous it was the number of times they mentioned the credit card application.

OH, and Allegiant has their own credit card that the flight attendants have hyped on the last two flights I've taken. Promising lots of extra air miles. Read the fine print and there is a $65 per yr membership fee.......that they didn't mention.

AND, for my 1000 post I want to say GBO!

So sketchy that they made you fully aware of it prior to completing the purchase process?

A flight attendant on my AA flight a couple of days ago commented how ridiculous it was the number of times they mentioned the credit card application.

American (don't fly them often) does mention the credit card either right after take or before landing every flight. Delta used to do that too sometimes, but seem to have gotten away from that, and Delta's credit card people are still in the ATL airport but they don't walk up to you asking if you want a credit card. They just stand there.

I've always had good experiences with Hartsfield-Jackson, especially with the international direct terminals.

Yes, ATL's international terminal is really nice. I've never really even flown internationally (Caribbean doesn't count) but occasionally they will put a domestic flight there because they run out of gates. The restaurants are good there and the concourses are nice and wide.

Nicest airport I've even been to is still DTW though.

American (don't fly them often) does mention the credit card either right after take or before landing every flight. Delta used to do that too sometimes, but seem to have gotten away from that, and Delta's credit card people are still in the ATL airport but they don't walk up to you asking if you want a credit card. They just stand there.

They mentioned it a couple of times at least and actually walked down the aisle with applications.

The process of choosing which services you wish to pay for? Seems like a great model and I've used it quite a few times

PJ, I use them because they are the only carrier convenient to where I travel. That makes the way they do business no less shady.

PJ, I use them because they are the only carrier convenient to where I travel. That makes the way they do business no less shady.

What is shady? They aren't hidden fees that are secretly charged to your card. They're just extras you can choose to buy or not. You're just used to seeing them baked into ticket prices with other carriers

Reactions: 2 people
What is shady? They aren't hidden fees that are secretly charged to your card. They're just extras you can choose to buy or not. You're just used to seeing them baked into ticket prices with other carriers

This. Whether it be Allegiant, Frontier, Spirit, or any other budget airline you are getting the bare bones flights and then adding on what you need. Sometimes it is worth it, I know I have had a couple quick trips to Chicago where I could get everything in a backpack, and sometimes it isn't. That is just the way the service industry works in general, the more high-end services are going to be more inclusive while with the lower tier you are going to have to pay for those upgrades. Not shady at all.

So, you're calling a seat on your flight an upgrade. I haven't seen any seatbelt on the floor.

You can select one if you want. If not you'll get what's left. Really no different than priority boarding on Southwest or buying an exit row on other airlines

This. Whether it be Allegiant, Frontier, Spirit, or any other budget airline you are getting the bare bones flights and then adding on what you need. Sometimes it is worth it, I know I have had a couple quick trips to Chicago where I could get everything in a backpack, and sometimes it isn't. That is just the way the service industry works in general, the more high-end services are going to be more inclusive while with the lower tier you are going to have to pay for those upgrades. Not shady at all.

We've used them for a weekend trip to Knoxville and can easily get by with a backpack or just one carry on my wife and me. We know what we'll have to pay for when we go

VN Store

Back