Biopsy's airline gripe thread

Yeah, everyone could see the plane at the gate with the engine cover off being worked on... hey, we all know that this thing isn't flying in the next 30 minutes. Just get us all rebooked and then fix the plane and everyone is happy. Of course the last thing they want to do is put their paying customers on another airline, so they kept pushing it back and pushing it back until they had no other choice.

And then we weren't even offered hotel and food vouchers. Fortunately my MIL lives there so we didn't need a hotel room, but it was a huge pain in the ass. We had to pay to get back to her house, we had to go buy extra diapers and food for the kid since we packed the extras in the checked bag. We had to buy all of us clothes since everything was in the checked bag. My wife and I both had to take an extra day off of work. We had to pay for an extra day of dogsitting, we had to pay for an extra day of parking, just a pain all around.

I called to complain and see about getting some vouchers since we'll likely be back soon, but got the run around and was told I had to do that online, so this morning I filled out their complaint form. I doubt anything comes of it.
What airline? On Delta, any time I've filled out the complaint form, they've given me SkyMiles, especially if I incurred extra expenses as a result of the delay.

What airline? On Delta, any time I've filled out the complaint form, they've given me SkyMiles, especially if I incurred extra expenses as a result of the delay.

This was with American. I filled out the complaint form, as we definitely had additional expenses, both tangible and in the form of taking an extra day each of leave. Haven't heard back yet... and honestly I'd be fine with AA miles. American is an easy trip to and from Vegas where the in-laws live, plus my wife and I are moving to Knoxville soon and they have pretty easy connections from Knoxville back home to BR or NOLA.

This was with American. I filled out the complaint form, as we definitely had additional expenses, both tangible and in the form of taking an extra day each of leave. Haven't heard back yet... and honestly I'd be fine with AA miles. American is an easy trip to and from Vegas where the in-laws live, plus my wife and I are moving to Knoxville soon and they have pretty easy connections from Knoxville back home to BR or NOLA.
Eek. American is terrible.

Coming to a giant airport screen: Your personal flight information

Delta Air Lines recently introduced a "Parallel Reality" system that lets travelers access individual flight information on a shared overhead screen based on a scan of their boarding pass - or their face. The twist is that 100 people can do this at a time, all using the same digital screen but only seeing their own personal details.

I really feel like they're all terrible, except for maybe Southwest.
I don't fly the discount lines and don't care for the Mickey Mouse pre boarding of SW.
I'll fly Delta, Jet Blu or Biz or Premium Econ of United or AA. British Air if flying to London

we went out there 2 years ago and just shipped our gear UPS to the hotel so we didn't have to bother with it at the airport. Worked like a charm.

Went to Montana in '97 for 7 days. Packed for all four seasons in one suit case. Carried fly rod and very small personals bag on board. Definitely used all four seasons of clothes in the 7 day JULY trip.

Well, comrade, I flew from Birmingham to Cape Town.

And that took 27 hours? It only took 24 from ATL to Manila with 18 hours air time and 6 hours layovers.

This was in the mid-80's. Always transfered to Northwest for hte leg out of the US and to Manila with a 4 hour in the orient somewhere. THe stewardesses on the trans-pacific crossing were incredible. I always got a free bump to business class.

Reactions: Go aeiou

VN Store

Back