bill king

dcowboy

anybody listen to bill king in nashville on am 560?
i think he's the best local sports guy.

Yeah, I listen to him. I'm usually hot and cold with him. He did hit the nail on on the head about this coaching staff years and years ago.

What did he say about the staff?

Well, ever since Fulmer promoted Sanders to OC in '99 he has said it was a mistake and he was going to be in way over his head. He thought we should have gone out and got some new blood and that way we could stay ahead of the curve (same with the second hiring of Cut). He has stated many times that we promote too much within and that our system and coaches are basically 'inbred'.

He has always had bad things to say about Slade and say that guy should not be on a coaching staff anywhere. Only reason he's there is b/c his wife is good friends with Vicky.

Also, said that Mike Barry was not here anymore b/c he wanted things changed for the better and Fulmer wouldn't go for it. It was his way or the highway.

The list goes on and on.

he said that fulmer and his staff have accomplished all they can at ut, and it's time for a change.

mullet vol- can you imagine chucky recuiting for the vols?
kids would line up to play for him.
if he was named the new coach, neyland stadium would rock next season!

Look, I like Gruden too, but you must not watch the guy on sundays. He hates young QB's, is offensive schemes are super complex. He is also a control freak, just dont see him relating that well to college kids anymore. He looks great on the sidelines for sure, but other than that, what has the guy done to deserve his offensive genuis title, except take over a dominant defense put together by Tony Dungy.

mullet vol- can you imagine chucky recuiting for the vols?
kids would line up to play for him.
if he was named the new coach, neyland stadium would rock next season!

Oh, I know. I will promise you that no one would out work him. It's funny that you mentioned that b/c Bill King actually brought up his name yesterday (you might have heard it). King basically said that with his personality the mothers of recruits would fall in love with him on the spot. He would own a living room. Not to mention he'd be wearing a spuer bowl ring. Talk about getting a recruits attention real quick.

I still think it's a long, long shot, but the timing couldn't be better with Fulmer's shaky start and Gruden with one foot out the door in Tampa. I say throw the purse at him and see if anything sticks. That's whether he's still coaching down there or not.

Look, I like Gruden too, but you must not watch the guy on sundays. He hates young QB's, is offensive schemes are super complex. He is also a control freak, just dont see him relating that well to college kids anymore. He looks great on the sidelines for sure, but other than that, what has the guy done to deserve his offensive genuis title, except take over a dominant defense put together by Tony Dungy.

Yeah, I've worried about things like that with him, but his ability to recruit would make Fulmer look like Curley Hallman. Plus, he is a much better NFL coach than Pete Carroll ever was.

The guy can coach, period. If he would want to come I don't think you could turn him down.

On a bit of a side note: Mark Howard on The Zone here in Nashville said yesterday morning that Gruden had looked at the Ohio St. job real hard when it became open after Cooper was fired. Is there any truth to this?

Wow, amazed at that, I do think the guy would recruit like a demon possessed. But never really thought of this guy as a viable college coach. Seem to always want to be in the pros. Would also like to know if the Ohio State gig is true.

VN Store

Back