Bill Clark

Bill Clark wouldn't be a terrible hire. But wouldn't be a great one either. 7-11th best team in SEC is where I would expect us to regularly finish.

Reactions: 08Vol
Clark’s kids and his only grandchild are in Birmingham. He’s never coached outside the state of Alabama. He’s getting a shiny new stadium in 9 months. He basically told Auburn thanks but no thanks. I don’t think UT could or would pay enough to move him

Reactions: 08Vol and Flipdaddy
Clark’s kids and his only grandchild are in Birmingham. He’s never coached outside the state of Alabama. He’s getting a shiny new stadium in 9 months. He basically told Auburn thanks but no thanks. I don’t think UT could or would pay enough to move him

He didn't tell Auburn that, he really wanted the Auburn job. But he wanted full control of who he hires as his Assistant's and Auburn wanted some say in it. As you see with there being numerous ex Auburn players on the new staff.

Bill Clark has openly said he is very particular about AD's because he needs COMPLETE control of a program. He is settled in a UAB, and loves Mark Ingram. The "control" issue has been the problem in the past.

Bill Clark has openly said he is very particular about AD's because he needs COMPLETE control of a program. He is settled in a UAB, and loves Mark Ingram. The "control" issue has been the problem in the past.

Unless Tennessee makes a home run hire of an established championship winning coach, I doubt the new head coach will have “complete” control after the mess they’re in.

VN Store

Back