Biggest position needs to finish 22 class

MOOOOONEY

I think these are the biggest position needs. I’m adding 11 to our current 14 commitments. Please feel free to add your list.

1a. Quarterback- with only 2 QBs on scholarship we have to take at least 2 this class. With uncertainty of Milton staying and HH going pro we may try to take 3.

1b. Defensive end- we are desperately in need of a game changing pass rusher. I think we take 1 more DE in the class

2. Linebacker- we need a run stopper to shore up the middle of the defense. I think we take 2 more in this class.

3. TE- I think we try to take 1

4. Defensive backs- we may lose 3 starters in the secondary. I think we take 2

5. DT- we may lose Butter and Bunphus. I think we take 2

Our position of need is everywhere. Literally any good player is welcome here. The entire defense needs help. The OL could use help. And we need another QB as you said. Might lose our 3 best WR’s too.

Yeah, we need everything. Just recruit good players.
All.

I think these are the biggest position needs. I’m adding 11 to our current 14 commitments. Please feel free to add your list.

1a. Quarterback- with only 2 QBs on scholarship we have to take at least 2 this class. With uncertainty of Milton staying and HH going pro we may try to take 3.

1b. Defensive end- we are desperately in need of a game changing pass rusher. I think we take 1 more DE in the class

2. Linebacker- we need a run stopper to shore up the middle of the defense. I think we take 2 more in this class.

Add Aubrey Solomon to the DT list of those completing eligibility, maybe, or are they redshirting him?

It still baffles me that ASolomon nor LBumphus are getting any playing time at DT given we only seemingly rotate in MButler, JBlakely, ESimmons, DTerry and OThomas there.

With CTremblay, TBaron, BYoung and RHarrison at DE we will definitely in need there as you mentioned.

Your list is solid.

Last edited:
At this point I am not sure. We have a lot of DL that could go or stay 1 more year. HH could leave if he gets a good enough NFL grade (please don't leave, please don't leave) but I do know this:
we need 3-4 LB in this class (freshmen + transfer portal), we need safeties ours have not been playing well. You always need OL/DL. The only position I feel comfortable with is RB but you always take 1-2 in every class.

EVERY SINGLE DEFENSIVE POSITION!

yes......I was yelling it as I typed it.:p
images

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
The list is based on the 14 commitments we have now.
commits by position:

QB - 1
RB- 1
WR - 3
OL- 4
TE- 1

DE- 1
DT- 1
LB- 2
CB/S- 0

Unless we can take more than 25 then I can’t see us taking another receiver or OLine unless we miss on other area’s of need or a top WR or Offensive lineman wants in.

QB and the defensive side of the ball has to be top priority. We may take 1 more RB depending on Evans coming back or not.

Our position of need is everywhere. Literally any good player is welcome here. The entire defense needs help. The OL could use help. And we need another QB as you said. Might lose our 3 best WR’s too.

Yeah, we need everything. Just recruit good players.

We have 4 OL and 3 WR commits. I may be wrong but I don’t think we take another receiver or olineman in this class unless we can sign more than 25.

QB and the defensive side of the ball should be the top priority moving forward

commits by position:

QB - 1
RB- 1
WR - 3
OL- 4
TE- 1

DE- 1
DT- 1
LB- 2
CB/S- 0

Unless we can take more than 25 then I can’t see us taking another receiver or OLine unless we miss on other area’s of need or a top WR or Offensive lineman wants in.

QB and the defensive side of the ball has to be top priority. We may take 1 more RB depending on Evans coming back or not.
Do transfers count against the 25 recruits limit?

At this point I am not sure. We have a lot of DL that could go or stay 1 more year. HH could leave if he gets a good enough NFL grade (please don't leave, please don't leave) but I do know this:
we need 3-4 LB in this class (freshmen + transfer portal), we need safeties ours have not been playing well. You always need OL/DL. The only position I feel comfortable with is RB but you always take 1-2 in every class.

I agree.

We have 4 oline commits, so I think we are done there.

We have 2 linebackers. I think we take 2 more.

We have 1 RB. I think we are done unless Evans is leaving or someone dynamic wants in.

Some of these needs will be filled in the transfer portal.

1) I think they only sign one QB and look for a transfer for the 2nd.

1b) Yes, we need at least 2 Edge rush guys and I'd be thrilled with 3. We have Snead already, so give me Pearce and Joseph to go with him. Also, Herring may grow into an Edge.

2) Agree. Especially if Herring grows into an Edge. I like the Perry kid out of Kentucky, but we need 2 more bigger types.

3) TE is the bottom of the list of needs. We only lose Fant. Warren comes back and Nixon and Campbell look like great prospects who will be ready next year. Also, Trinity Bell is a forgotten man there because of his injury. Foley is committed and I'd expect him to be the only TE signed.

4) Need at least 2 CBs and 2 Safeties. May sign 5 total DBs, given the style we play.

5) Always need more DTs.

-I would also add another RB to this list. Evans has proven to be unreliable, so I'd like to see Tennessee get a 2nd RB to go with Sampson. Maybe that's a portal possibility too.

-I think we probably have all the OLinemen we'll sign out of high school, but a plug and play transfer would be great.

commits by position:

QB - 1
RB- 1
WR - 3
OL- 4
TE- 1

DE- 1
DT- 1
LB- 2
CB/S- 0

With the rule change we can take up to 32. I can see us trying to get in the 30 range including the transfer portal. Need help on all levels on D.

Some of these needs will be filled in the transfer portal.

1) I think they only sign one QB and look for a transfer for the 2nd.

1b) Yes, we need at least 2 Edge rush guys and I'd be thrilled with 3. We have Snead already, so give me Pearce and Joseph to go with him. Also, Herring may grow into an Edge.

2) Agree. Especially if Herring grows into an Edge. I like the Perry kid out of Kentucky, but we need 2 more bigger types.

3) TE is the bottom of the list of needs. We only lose Fant. Warren comes back and Nixon and Campbell look like great prospects who will be ready next year. Also, Trinity Bell is a forgotten man there because of his injury. Foley is committed and I'd expect him to be the only TE signed.

4) Need at least 2 CBs and 2 Safeties. May sign 5 total DBs, given the style we play.

5) Always need more DTs.

-I would also add another RB to this list. Evans has proven to be unreliable, so I'd like to see Tennessee get a 2nd RB to go with Sampson. Maybe that's a portal possibility too.

-I think we probably have all the OLinemen we'll sign out of high school, but a plug and play transfer would be great.

How many do you believe we can take this class? More than 25?

With the rule change we can take up to 32. I can see us trying to get in the 30 range including the transfer portal. Need help on all levels on D.

32 is the hard number? I’ve seen some debate about the portal rule and how the numbers work out

I have stated before we need to find a big'un 225 230 lbs. with at least average ability. Someone who can string out a few plays late in a game or get two yards on a dive for a first down and bull his way into the end zone from 2-3 yards out. The kind of guy I am interested in may not have the gaudy numbers in high school, he will be the sleeper that takes effort to find or a high school coach saying "Hey coach H, I have a guy I think you have a need for and is a really good team player. Give him a look if you have time".

We have 4 OL and 3 WR commits. I may be wrong but I don’t think we take another receiver or olineman in this class unless we can sign more than 25.

QB and the defensive side of the ball should be the top priority moving forward

As to the number of scholarships we will or do have, don't you think the number will be defined by the self-imposed limits we set for the actions of the dumb-as-es we let go?

We need more speed at ILB and Safety. Those 2 positions are killing our defense

We need depth at OL. We have 4 commits so hopefully the guys here and maybe 1-2 of those can develop quickly

VN Store

Back