Bigger Disappointment?

So far the basketball team.... with 3 projected NBA draft picks has been a complete disaster. Fortunately college basketball is a tournament sport. We’ll see how they react but my guess is KY plays physical Saturday and we melt again and lose by 20+ in Rupp against a 5-10 team

This basketball team has never been that good. Just overhyped.

What an ignorant comment, jump ship now. This team is the test of expectations for incoming 17/18 year old kids. They need work and time, this team is extremely disappointiny and underwhelming but to say they've never been good or aren't is just ****ing stupid.

2016 Vols, beat Florida and Georgia in the same year and still placed 2nd in the East.

Win the SEC tournament and all is well for the basketball team.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Defense is all well and good. But you've got to put points on the board.

Offense has not developed as I had hoped earlier in the year. Still time. But this is an embarrassing defeat.

Considering the expectations entering the year, the basketball team is the bigger disappointment.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Im a way bigger football fan so personally id say the 2016 football season. The sec east was pretty much gift wrapped and we couldnt capitalize.

What did the experts see in the BB team to rank it so high. So many glaring weaknesses and deficiencies.. Wait till ol' Bruce has his way with them on 2/27. Got to go to Rupp this weekend. Any team that can shoot 3s will run them out of the gym. Thank God we don't play Bama again unless in tourney.

2016 football, and it isn't even close.

Keep in mind that basketball still has a long way to go before the season is over. Beating Nebraska in the Music City Bowl after achieving heights unseen for ~10 years (not to mention a giant win in the largest football game ever) was truly devastating.

I just don't see Johnson as the # 7 pick.....their has to be more than 6 better prospects than he is.They said its a loaded draft ,but if he is the 7 best prospect.... Its not loaded. Tobias Harris is a much better offensive player than he was and 3--4 inches taller and he was like the 11-12 pick. Johnson reminds me of Robert hubbs...and he didn't make the Nba

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfullVol
BasketVols don't have enough EXPLOSIVE ball-handlers (only Springer)

Kermit is a very good roundball coach and exploited our lack of ball-handlers late in the 2nd half with triple teaming ball-handlers at almost half court. We couldn't find cutters to the basket and seemed lost due to OM pressure.

BasketVols only go as far as Springer will allow them.

This basketball team has never been that good. Just overhyped.
The Freshmen made Freshmen mistakes, turnovers, missed front end of 1&1s, Bailey is either fantastic or misses everything. They will get better, but we will have problems with defense in the offense inside the paint, offensive rebounds, and offense I from the elbow. We also need to improve against the zone press when bringing the ball up the court. I think , if we don't have any more Covid problems, we will be OK for the SEC and NCAA tournaments. Just need a little more experience.

So far the basketball team.... with 3 projected NBA draft picks has been a complete disaster. Fortunately college basketball is a tournament sport. We’ll see how they react but my guess is KY plays physical Saturday and we melt again and lose by 20+ in Rupp against a 5-10 team

12-4 is not a “complete disaster.” Sorry.

This team has talent, but the real talent is young, and it is rare that a freshman can carry a team.

Tough lineup combinations from time to time when the team is all 2, 3 and 4s, no point guard, no pure big center on the post, Kennedy Chandler will be here next year, not sure what Barnes will do down low, but physical teams that play a decent zone are tougher this year, Vescovi need not handle the ball unless he is squaring up to shoot

This year's basketball team is GREATLY overhyped. They'll be bounced first round.

VN Store

Back