Big12 and Big10 a disgrace

I don't understand what their reservations might be in voting for this? Why are the "No Voters" associated with the Big 12 and Big Ten?

I don't understand what their reservations might be in voting for this? Why are the "No Voters" associated with the Big 12 and Big Ten?

My understanding is they are afraid it might lead other sports to asking for more coaches. My thing is schools don't have to pay that slot so why vote no

Those two conferences did vote no. Hell the ACC was all set to vote no as well until yesterday

Absolute jokes! Baseball gets the short end of most every decision regarding scholarships or money for anything.

So Bruin, I know you've been "behind the scenes" playing along, what's your point total in Pick'em? ;)

The league commissioner’s are supposed to represent the conference coaches. It almost looks like undue influence by an outside party. Non the less, they should demand a revote and threaten to fire the league heads if they do not represent the wishes of member schools.

My guess is that some of these schools wouldn’t pay their volunteer assistant even were it possible. As such, they would all have to face losing their volunteer assistants to schools that do.

I realize it’s hard for many schools to pay for the realities of baseball, but it’s sad that conferences are putting their own security ahead of what is clearly best for the sport. How would you like to wake up this morning and realize the school you are volunteering for, 24/7/365, specifically voted to not pay you?

My guess is that some of these schools wouldn’t pay their volunteer assistant even were it possible. As such, they would all have to face losing their volunteer assistants to schools that do.

I realize it’s hard for many schools to pay for the realities of baseball, but it’s sad that conferences are putting their own security ahead of what is clearly best for the sport. How would you like to wake up this morning and realize the school you are volunteering for, 24/7/365, specifically voted to not pay you?

I would be looking for another place to work...err volunteer. Another black eye for college baseball and a terrible look for two conferences in particular.

That would be no change from what is already is. The lower mid majors are never going to hold on to volunteers if they get offered another volunteer job at a power 5 school.

I agree many schools woudnt pay them but it woudnt change anything as far as competitive disadvantage for those schools. They already have that and it isn't going to change

Don’t even get me started. We are watching every game. There are commercials. The NCAA World Series is second only to March Madness in revenue.

This. Is. Stupid.

VN Store

Back