Big Ten now playing

There are moments of BS that astound me that anyone would attempt to try.

We all deal with BS daily, but these moments are above and beyond.

I have read articles from a lot of different places today and none of them state what anyone with half a brain knows to be true.

The Big 10 is playing football because the Big 12, ACC and SEC are. And any statement to the contrary is 100%, grade A, money back guaranteed, BS.

Now Ohio State can Skate in the finals with 7 wins.
The CFP committee has their work cut out for them this year.

No cross-conference games ... some teams playing 11 games, some just 8 (or fewer; no wiggle room for covid postponements in the B10 schedules) ... all-conference schedules will tend to push records toward the muddy middle, perhaps fewer undefeated and one-loss teams at the end of the regular season than most years....

Yeah, I don't envy them the job in 2020.

There are moments of BS that astound me that anyone would attempt to try.

We all deal with BS daily, but these moments are above and beyond.

I have read articles from a lot of different places today and none of them state what anyone with half a brain knows to be true.

The Big 10 is playing football because the Big 12, ACC and SEC are. And any statement to the contrary is 100%, grade A, money back guaranteed, BS.
I don't think that's quite right.

Really, it's more like this. The B10 is playing football starting in October because it had a near-mutiny...among its players, among their parents, among the coaches, and among big parts of the fan base. It was an uprising that played out on the campuses, in the courts, and in full public view in the media. The B10 caved to its own people's demands, not to any other conference.

Now, you could definitely make a case that the people of the B10 (players, parents, coaches, fans) mutinied because they saw what was possible, as led by the SEC, ACC and B12. You could certainly make that case.

But it was their own internal house fire that caused the B10 leadership to reverse course. Nothing else.

Still doubt the Pac 12 joins in. Their cancellation was more due to that player united movement imo.

Really, it's more like this. The B10 is playing football starting in October because it had a near-mutiny...among its players, among their parents, among the coaches, and among big parts of the fan base. It was an uprising that played out on the campuses, in the courts, and in full public view in the media. The B10 caved to its own people's demands, not to any other conference.

Now, you could definitely make a case that the people of the B10 (players, parents, coaches, fans) mutinied because they saw what was possible, as led by the SEC, ACC and B12. You could certainly make that case.

But it was their own internal house fire that caused the B10 leadership to reverse course. Nothing else.

Yes, that's the case I'm making.

I saw a story about Bristol a couple of months ago. As you all know, the state line goes through the city. The people on the Virginia side had to watch their businesses go up in flames and everything they worked for destroyed while people a couple of blocks away on the other side of an imaginary line were carrying on like normal.

I don't mean to be political but we are getting to the point (I believe) where whether you are red or blue, people are getting tired of this ****.

Essential vs. non-essential. Percentages of capacity. I can't do one thing, but I can do another. Being told to do things that everyone knows make no damn sense.....like wearing a mask while jogging. People arrested for taking their child to a park. A cameraman in the outfield at a baseball game with no one within grenade throwing distance wearing a mask. Going through an airport following all kinds of protocols and then getting on the plane, sitting 6 inches from someone and then not wearing a mask while you eat your bag of peanuts. Can't go to school. Can't have a birthday party for your kid. Can't let band members on a field that is 120 yards long and over 50 yards wide to form a "T" because, apparently, that's not enough space to social distance.

And people every day telling them it won't be over until the year 2327 and even then we won't be safe.

They're done.

The CFP committee has their work cut out for them this year.

No cross-conference games ... some teams playing 11 games, some just 8 (or fewer; no wiggle room for covid postponements in the B10 schedules) ... all-conference schedules will tend to push records toward the muddy middle, perhaps fewer undefeated and one-loss teams at the end of the regular season than most years....

Yeah, I don't envy them the job in 2020.
It will be the easiest selection ever.

They will go the "everybody gets a trophy" route. Champions from SEC, ACC, Big 12 and Big 10 will be the 4.

Yes, that's the case I'm making.

I saw a story about Bristol a couple of months ago. As you all know, the state line goes through the city. The people on the Virginia side had to watch their businesses go up in flames and everything they worked for destroyed while people a couple of blocks away on the other side of an imaginary line were carrying on like normal.

I don't mean to be political but we are getting to the point (I believe) where whether you are red or blue, people are getting tired of this ****.

Essential vs. non-essential. Percentages of capacity. I can't do one thing, but I can do another. Being told to do things that everyone knows make no damn sense.....like wearing a mask while jogging. People arrested for taking their child to a park. A cameraman in the outfield at a baseball game with no one within grenade throwing distance wearing a mask. Going through an airport following all kinds of protocols and then getting on the plane, sitting 6 inches from someone and then not wearing a mask while you eat your bag of peanuts. Can't go to school. Can't have a birthday party for your kid. Can't let band members on a field that is 120 yards long and over 50 yards wide to form a "T" because, apparently, that's not enough space to social distance.

And people every day telling them it won't be over until the year 2327 and even then we won't be safe.

They're done.

Amen.

Ohio State has won 67% of games against the SEC
Clemson has won 61% of games against the SEC
is winning games against the SEC a cakewalk?

... what are you talking about? According to Winsipedia.com, Ohio state has won 63% of its games vs. the SEC and Clemson has a losing record (43%) against the SEC. Both of those figures, for what it's worth, are less than their winning percentages against their respective conference opponents!

Saw this in the synopsis of a Wall Street Journal article:

"Our long national nightmare of not being able to watch the University of Michigan lose to Ohio State is over."

Heh.

Go Vols!

Ohio State has won 67% of games against the SEC
Clemson has won 61% of games against the SEC
is winning games against the SEC a cakewalk?
Just so we’re being fair here, the SEC inherited 14 losses to Ohio State from Mizzou and aTm when they joined the league. Those losses happened while in the SWC and BIG 8/12. Clemson also has a nearly 30 game lead in the series with South Carolina which has been played since the 1800’s . Clemson is obviously rolling, but just a little context.

Reactions: bullet20

IMO, the reason the Big Ten had a near mutiny though is because the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 never cancelled, but the Big Ten did. I think that's the salient point in all of this.

Say you're a kid, and you and your friends all just got some new toy. News comes out that the toy might be unsafe and your parents take it away. You're upset, right? OK, now imagine how even more upset you get when your friend's parents let all them keep the toy, because they came to a different conclusion.

You get upset when you get your toy taken away, but you really lose your s**t when you find out all your friends get to keep theirs.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Still doubt the Pac 12 joins in. Their cancellation was more due to that player united movement imo.

Sounds like the PAC-12 will be playing football shortly. I think Oregon cleared the legal hurdles with local and state authorities. From the looks of it earliest games will be Oct 31st.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back