Big game for both teams

The game this Saturday is huge both ways. While it won't garner a whole lot of national attention, it will make a difference for two programs struggling to climb into significance.

TN needs this win in a big way if it wants to reach bowl eligibility. A loss to KY would put a lot of pressure on them to win out on the road against MO.

For Kentucky, there's a decent chance that they make a bowl even with a loss, but the TN monkey on their necks is one they need to get rid of if they ever hope to gain respect as a rising program. They need to prove that their 10 win season last year wasn't a fluke and that they have become a true SEC team in the trenches.

Both teams are trying to figure out their QB situation. If Kentucky fails there, they are toast. UT has some decent hope for the future at QB, but will that show up in time to salvage what's left of the season?

A lot of questions should be answered this Saturday. As a Cat fan, I hope UK can come out on top, but anyone who has been keeping up with the Vols can see they have become a dangerous team to play. You have a lot of speed and very good WRs, very capable DL and linebackers and are very good at getting turnovers. I hope we can hold on to the ball, get enough first downs to keep our D fresh, put pressure on your QB, whoever it is and score enough to come or on top.

Tennessee under Pruitt has done very well shutting down teams that are one dimensional on offense. I think this game will be low scoring and an absolute war in the trenches but I think Tennessee pulls it out because Kentucky struggles in the passing game. Load the box and make them beat us through the passing game.

I think our dog is coming to howl and will Volunteer to chew up a mildcat.

I predict that we'll get 2 more INT's and recover 2 fumbles.

Our D is learning how to dominate.

I also predict that if your Head Coach is offered the right amount of $$$$ and is guaranteed enough years to turn things around that he'll be roaming the sidelines next year at Florida State.

GO VOLS...Stomp the mildcats!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

This game will come down to 3 things, (1) which team makes the fewest mistakes. (2) which team is more physical, especially in the lines of scrimmage. (3) I expect this game to be close so coaching will play a part in this game.

Edit: I know most games come down to these 3 things but I think UT and KY are close in talent right now so these things are especially important. I do think we have a QB (or 3) that can pass and that will give us the edge to win.

I think Stoops to FSU is very possible even though Runaway Lane is trying to get his hat on the ring. This is a huge distraction for both players and coaches.

Reactions: Ratvol
The game this Saturday is huge both ways. While it won't garner a whole lot of national attention, it will make a difference for two programs struggling to climb into significance.

TN needs this win in a big way if it wants to reach bowl eligibility. A loss to KY would put a lot of pressure on them to win out on the road against MO.

For Kentucky, there's a decent chance that they make a bowl even with a loss, but the TN monkey on their necks is one they need to get rid of if they ever hope to gain respect as a rising program. They need to prove that their 10 win season last year wasn't a fluke and that they have become a true SEC team in the trenches.

Both teams are trying to figure out their QB situation. If Kentucky fails there, they are toast. UT has some decent hope for the future at QB, but will that show up in time to salvage what's left of the season?

A lot of questions should be answered this Saturday. As a Cat fan, I hope UK can come out on top, but anyone who has been keeping up with the Vols can see they have become a dangerous team to play. You have a lot of speed and very good WRs, very capable DL and linebackers and are very good at getting turnovers. I hope we can hold on to the ball, get enough first downs to keep our D fresh, put pressure on your QB, whoever it is and score enough to come or on top.
Tennessee by 50

Reactions: Ratvol
Neither team has beaten a really good team this year but I think Tennessee has the better wins. The game being at Ky will help them but we should be able to make enough plays to win.

Tennessee under Pruitt has done very well shutting down teams that are one dimensional on offense. I think this game will be low scoring and an absolute war in the trenches but I think Tennessee pulls it out because Kentucky struggles in the passing game. Load the box and make them beat us through the passing game.
Tennessee will go 7-5 and play in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl while Kentucky goes 6-6 and plays Duke in the Belk Bowl.

Tennessee

Kentucky W
Missouri W
Vanderbilt W

Kentucky

Tennessee L
Vanderbilt W
UT Martin W
Louisville L

Reactions: FLVOL_79

I don’t care about none of that . I just want to know one thing ... was it you that painted the rock blue ? Yes or No , none of this double talk mister . 🤨

Pruitt probably snuck out at night and painted it himself. Going to use it for bulletin board material to get his team motivated.

At this point I’m for whatever works . I believe a college team should be allowed to bring back 1 “retired “ NFL player a year to play with them . Not that we would have any idea who we would pick or anything . 😉

No...not my style. I always try respect the opponents. In the end, it's not life; it's just a game.

Hmmm...... That is exactly what the guy who DID IT would say!!!!

tenor.gif

Honestly. This game will look identical to last year's game imo. Maybe a tad bit closer since UK is at home. Expect 24-10ish Vols.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
KY comes out in the triple option and scores twice quick. Once off a UT fumble. Down 10-0 late in the 1st, UT then proceeds to just maul them at the line of scrimmage and wins it by the score of 41-20.

The Vols know this is a must win game, they can win this game if they come to play
Go Vols

No reason Tennessee shouldn’t win this game. KY is one dimensional and will have to throw to win.

VN Store

Back