Big commit! Boom!

FTA: "Tennessee spends most of the game in a 4-2-5 defense, and this staff isn’t going to sign a bunch of linebacker in most years. When seen through that lens, Heupel and Co. quickly zeroing in on Telander and spending so much time and effort into securing his commitment seems like an awfully big deal."
Just have to trust the coaches on this one.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Good size and athleticism with offers from UF and Auburn, among others. If our coaches are excited to get him, then he's definitely boom-worthy.
YES I AM YELLING AS LOUD AS I CAN...............I CANNOT BELIEVE SOME OF THE NEGATIVE REMARDS ON THIS SITE. I AM VERY PROUD OF THIS YOUNG MAN AND HIS WILLINGNESS TO GIVE HIS ALL FOR TENNESSEE. HE HAS /IS BEING RECRUITED BY TEAMS THAT CONSISTANTLY BEAT OUR ASS , YET WE RUN HIM DOWN. PEOPLE NEED TO BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR CRAP LIKE THIS. ...........................AGAIN, THANKS YOUNG MAN FOR YOU COMMITMENT TO MY VOLS. I AM PROUD TO GET YOUR NAME ON OUR LIST. I EXPECT YOU TO PUT THESE NEGAVOLS TO SHAME WITH THEIR REMARDS. NOW GO OUT ON THE FIELD AND PROVE YOUR ABILITY TO THESE PEOPLE AND MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE FOOLS. IN TENNESSEE WE HAVE TOO MANY STAR GAZERS !!!! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH HACKSAW'S REMARKS AND HE IS TELLING IT LIKE IT IS !!!! WE NEED LINEBACKERS LIKE YOU , NOW GO OUT AND STEAL THE SHOW. PROVE YOUR WORTHYNESS !!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,JUST LOOK AT HIS OFFERS ON 247 SPORTS !!!!!.............DO I HAVE TO REMIND EVERYONE OF THE FACT THAT THE FLORIDA GATORS HAVE WHIPPED OUR ASS FOR YEARS AND THEY WANT THIS YOUNG MAN .

Last edited:
YES I AM YELLING AS LOUD AS I CAN...............I CANNOT BELIEVE SOME OF THE NEGATIVE REMARDS ON THIS SITE. I AM VERY PROUD OF THIS YOUNG MAN AND HIS WILLINGNESS TO GIVE HIS ALL FOR TENNESSEE. HE HAS /IS BEING RECRUITED BY TEAMS THAT CONSISTANTLY BEAT OUR ASS , YET WE RUN HIM DOWN. PEOPLE NEED TO BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR CRAP LIKE THIS. ...........................AGAIN, THANKS YOUNG MAN FOR YOU COMMITMENT TO MY VOLS. I AM PROUD TO GET YOUR NAME ON OUR LIST. I EXPECT YOU TO PUT THESE NEGAVOLS TO SHAME WITH THEIR REMARDS. NOW GO OUT ON THE FIELD AND PROVE YOUR ABILITY TO THESE PEOPLE AND MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE FOOLS. IN TENNESSEE WE HAVE TOO MANY STAR GAZERS !!!! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH HACKSAW'S REMARKS AND HE IS TELLING IT LIKE IT IS !!!! WE NEED LINEBACKERS LIKE YOU , NOW GO OUT AND STEAL THE SHOW. PROVE YOUR WORTHYNESS !!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,JUST LOOK AT HIS OFFERS ON 247 SPORTS !!!!!.............DO I HAVE TO REMIND EVERYONE OF THE FACT THAT THE FLORIDA GATORS HAVE WHIPPED OUR ASS FOR YEARS AND THEY WANT THIS YOUNG MAN .

It's VN, Reelie. We got all kinds of fan species, including finos, fans that are fans in name only. Anti-players is what I call them. They add spice, grunge, and some even harbor the combined scent of smashed stinkbug and peppermint oil. VN is unique.

"What we believe is heavily influenced by what we think others believe."

Reactions: Pride85
It's VN, Reelie. We got all kinds of fan species, including finos, fans that are fans in name only. Anti-players is what I call them. They add spice, grunge, and some even harbor the combined scent of smashed stinkbug and peppermint oil. VN is unique.

"What we believe is heavily influenced by what we think others believe."
You are so right my friend !!!!

I certainly hope that our main goal is not to beat Florida which is on the decline.

in the mid-60's UT's longest losing streak was against Ole Miss. We didn't eventually beat them because Dickey built to that, we did it because Dickey built a team to beat Alabama.

Kirby Smart didn't build Georgia to beat Florida, he built it to beat Bama.

Compare our recruiting to the top 5 teams and we're not competitive.

I've said it before, we cannot compete with Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Georgia and Louisiana in a cash war (4 of the 5 being oil money). NIL is going to make college football a "biggest wallet wins" competition.

Yell all you want, it doesn't change the fact that this kid is ranked the #74 ILB by 24/7 and only the 69th best player in Georgia. And people are saying Florida offered him, but look at his schools lists on both 24/7 and Rivals. It's not the teams you expect us to compete against.

I'm not trying to pick on the kid. Maybe he comes here and our hybrid defenses are perfect for him. It's on him now as far as how he develops, but sometimes you just can't overcome talent. Regardless, as I've said before, you can't win even the SEC East with a team dominated by 3 star recruits.

Reactions: patrick
Can we reserve booms for more "boom worthy" commits. Not bagging this guy specifically, but hes BARELY top 1000 player. Hardly a boom. We are really struggling if we are taking players in the 900's.

62636EB5-E726-4FB2-94C4-A9F3A9479C5C.gif

We shall boom on the beaches, we shall boom on the landing grounds, we shall boom in the fields and in the streets, we shall boom in the hills; we shall never stop booming!!!

Last edited:
Weathersby should be happening soon which will make star gazers scratch their head also. He really hasn’t been evaluated or seen by many scouts via the recruiting services. July should be a really good month with a couple of five stars possibly committing to the good guys.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Apparently my comments struck a nerve, to say the least. Look... I'm sure this young man is a great kid, student, etc. This process isn't personal. It's all about your skill level and ability to compete at the HIGHEST level in the NCAA which is the SEC! It's a very harsh, critical business. Stars can be deceiving, I get that. However, they are much more of an accurate indicator of future success than not. This commit is ranked in the 900's. I understand that many of you haven't been around as long as I have, but recruiting kids in the 900's aint gonna cut it. Maybe he'll be reevaluated later and that may change. I HOPE he becomes an AA here. Again... it's a business and much of the personal stuff can be left out. I never said one critical thing about the young man's personal makeup. I'm specifically talking about his ability to play football at this level. If you can't differentiate, I hope your not in business for yourself.

Kinda pains me to agree but I have to here. We can be excited about a guy outside the top 150 but typicall a guy can get himself in the top 500 or so by camping etc. I know there’s the rare Tillman but you hope not to end up with too many “diamonds in the rough”.
If idiots like Dooley, Butch or Cornbread are evaluating and recruiting them then IGYP. But with Heup & Co at the wheel “diamonds in the rough” become “targeted prospects” with major upside potential IMO.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Apparently my comments struck a nerve, to say the least. Look... I'm sure this young man is a great kid, student, etc. This process isn't personal. It's all about your skill level and ability to compete at the HIGHEST level in the NCAA which is the SEC! It's a very harsh, critical business. Stars can be deceiving, I get that. However, they are much more of an accurate indicator of future success than not. This commit is ranked in the 900's. I understand that many of you haven't been around as long as I have, but recruiting kids in the 900's aint gonna cut it. Maybe he'll be reevaluated later and that may change. I HOPE he becomes an AA here. Again... it's a business and much of the personal stuff can be left out. I never said one critical thing about the young man's personal makeup. I'm specifically talking about his ability to play football at this level. If you can't differentiate, I hope your not in business for yourself.
Jeff you have zero idea what you’re talking about. Do you scout for a living? Do you have the requisite skill to differentiate whether this kid can play at this level or not? Hint you want to say no here as this is a trap.

There are 130 division 1 teams. Each team has 22 starters. That is 2,860 players. The two deep has 5,720 players

In the top 25, there are 550 players in the starting line up alone. The top 20 has 440 starters, 880 in the two deep.

If you are recruiting in the top 900 players every year, you are competing in the upper tier of division 1 programs.

You are going to have some top 100 players, maybe get extremely lucky and have 1-2 top 10 players. Several top 250 and a few that aren't ranked as high. The coaches' ability to know how to determine a player's value and fit in their scheme becomes extremely important in this area of recruiting.

Bottom line is whether or not you believe the coaches are skilled at their job. Personally, I believe they know exactly what they're doing and exactly where each recruit fits into this team's chemistry.

After taking players who many deemed subpar in comparison to other SEC rosters last year and over-achieving, they've earned some trust in what they're building and who they bring in.

Can we reserve booms for more "boom worthy" commits. Not bagging this guy specifically, but hes BARELY top 1000 player. Hardly a boom. We are really struggling if we are taking players in the 900's.
Normally you're right but this barely top 1000 player just had 137 tackles (33 for loss), 3 sacks and 3 INT on defense while racking up 381 yards of offense (333 receiving, 48 rushing). Earned Region 7-AAA Defensive Player of the Year honors for the second season in a row.

What I'm gathering from this post is you do not have a high level of emotional intelligence. Every Vol fan wants to beat Florida, YES that would be one helluva start for the VOLs. Georgia and Bama can be next. Rome was not built in a day.

I certainly hope that our main goal is not to beat Florida which is on the decline.

in the mid-60's UT's longest losing streak was against Ole Miss. We didn't eventually beat them because Dickey built to that, we did it because Dickey built a team to beat Alabama.

Kirby Smart didn't build Georgia to beat Florida, he built it to beat Bama.

Compare our recruiting to the top 5 teams and we're not competitive.

I've said it before, we cannot compete with Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Georgia and Louisiana in a cash war (4 of the 5 being oil money). NIL is going to make college football a "biggest wallet wins" competition.

Yell all you want, it doesn't change the fact that this kid is ranked the #74 ILB by 24/7 and only the 69th best player in Georgia. And people are saying Florida offered him, but look at his schools lists on both 24/7 and Rivals. It's not the teams you expect us to compete against.

I'm not trying to pick on the kid. Maybe he comes here and our hybrid defenses are perfect for him. It's on him now as far as how he develops, but sometimes you just can't overcome talent. Regardless, as I've said before, you can't win even the SEC East with a team dominated by 3 star recruits.

VN Store

Back