Big commit! Boom!

Patience, y'all.

Yes, 3 stars... but voted GA AAA DPOY and voted All State by two entities--in his sophomore season?
I feel safe saying make room for at least one more star next to his name before he alights on Rocky Top.

Of course, maybe the 3 stars is because he's not yet that good at other LB skills (we saw mostly penetration plays from the highlight). But then again, maybe we intend to use him as an edge or situation rusher. Time will tell.

I'm pleased, but will put my BOOM in an escrow account for now.

GBO and recruit like heck!
I think he will be able to play in space and that’s arguably the most important skill these days

Can we reserve booms for more "boom worthy" commits. Not bagging this guy specifically, but hes BARELY top 1000 player. Hardly a boom. We are really struggling if we are taking players in the 900's.
No

Can we reserve booms for more "boom worthy" commits. Not bagging this guy specifically, but hes BARELY top 1000 player. Hardly a boom. We are really struggling if we are taking players in the 900's.

9. i was wondering how many posts before someone started whining about him being a 3 star. It was 9 posts

9. i was wondering how many posts before someone started whining about him being a 3 star. It was 9 posts
I look at offer lists.

I see Florida, Auburn and North Carolina... but then there is a drop off when it comes to power 5 schools. We get into the Duke, Kansas, Georgia Tech and Indiana territory pretty quickly. I'm not knocking the kid as a prospect. It is what it is.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Anyone who weighs stars vs. ❤, not all these players don't get the opportunity to get seen. He is a Vol and that is BOOM worthy any time.

Plus, in Georgia's hotbed for recruiting, a 3 star is like a 4 star almost everywhere else. There's a big chance his star is on the rise by the time he sees the field next season. He's got the measurables and the film, offers from others, and our coaches like him for their own reasons...because they believe he'll help us win.

Go Vols!

Plus, in Georgia's hotbed for recruiting, a 3 star is like a 4 star almost everywhere else. There's a big chance his star is on the rise by the time he sees the field next season. He's got the measurables and the film, offers from others, and our coaches like him for their own reasons...because they believe he'll help us win.

Go Vols!

That’s not how that works

Reactions: irish1485

Kinda pains me to agree but I have to here. We can be excited about a guy outside the top 150 but typicall a guy can get himself in the top 500 or so by camping etc. I know there’s the rare Tillman but you hope not to end up with too many “diamonds in the rough”.

Last edited:
You can tell how little someone knows about recruiting when they start crying about stars.

Most people who've attended high school games, or even played, have never seen more than a 2star. A 2 star is usually the most impressive and athletic kid on the entire team and will dominate opponents the majority of the time.

A 3* player will be mostly unstoppable in high-school. Most people have never played against or even seen a real 3* player in person. 3, 4, & 5* players are all alphas. The separation between an average 3* & avg 5* is not an incredible gap. In most cases, the gap is largely based on physical development. Also, a portion of the gap is created by lack of experience &/or poor coaching.

Coaches are aware of these things and know how to determine where a kid's potential truly falls. . . a big reason they get the big $ is having these recruiting skills.

99.99% of fans do not have the type of training needed to determine the value of a player & player's potential, opposed to simply looking @ star ratings like they're reading a movie description on Netflix. In fact, a large majority of people do not even understand how the star system works. It is not like rating a movie, a restaurant, or anything else.

So those of you who post the 3* millionaire stuff. . . 😆

Think I read somewhere that he had a rating around 750. Could be 4* by end of year. Looked at Rivals today. Half of top 100 were moving up, half moving down. Is there a big difference between 500th rated player & 750th rated player? Would like to see us signing more 4* & 5* players, all of us would. Read on another thread important to recruit to your schemes, but got to believe most 4* & 5* players would fit our schemes.

VN Store

Back