BIG 12 BOWLS. Your thoughts por favor...

TXA&M07

Roll the dice....
AdvoCare V100 Independence
Texas A&M vs. Georgia Shreveport, La.
Independence Stadium Dec. 28
5 p.m. ESPN2

Pacific Life Holiday
Arizona vs. Nebraska San Diego
Qualcomm Stadium Dec. 30
8 p.m. ESPN

Brut Sun
Oklahoma vs. Stanford El Paso, Texas
Sun Bowl Dec. 31
2 p.m. CBS

Texas
Navy vs. Missouri Houston
Reliant Stadium Dec. 31
3:30 p.m. ESPN

Insight
Minnesota vs. Iowa State Tempe, Ariz.
Sun Devil Stadium Dec. 31
6 p.m. NFL Network

AT&T Cotton
Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss Arlington, Texas
Cowboys Stadium Jan. 2
2 p.m. FOX

Valero Alamo
Michigan State vs. Texas Tech San Antonio
Alamodome Jan. 2
9 p.m. ESPN

Citi BCS National Championship Game
Texas vs. Alabama Pasadena, Calif.
Rose Bowl Jan. 7
8 p.m. ABC

Maybe 5 and 3, with both reps from Oklahoma losing along with the sips? I dont know, what do yall think?

I like our chances against Jawja better than against A-barn. I'll admit that for sure.

Care to expand on your thoughts on the Holiday, Independence, and Insight bowls then?

Care to expand on your thoughts on the Holiday, Independence, and Insight bowls then?

Nebraska has a stellar defense and a sub-par (very) offense. AZ's defense isn't too shabby either, and they have an okay offense. I think Arizona will win a tight game when they manage to finally break open a big play.

TAMU and UGA both have had no problems scoring against sub-par defenses, and both teams are not known for their D. Honestly, this one could go either way. It's going to be a shootout, but I think Georgia wins late.

Insight Bowl was just a guess, really. I might change my mind later. Neither team is very good on offense.

AdvoCare V100 Independence
Texas A&M vs. Georgia Shreveport, La.
Independence Stadium Dec. 28
5 p.m. ESPN2

Pacific Life Holiday
Arizona vs. Nebraska San Diego
Qualcomm Stadium Dec. 30
8 p.m. ESPN

Brut Sun
Oklahoma vs. Stanford El Paso, Texas
Sun Bowl Dec. 31
2 p.m. CBS

Texas
Navy vs. Missouri Houston
Reliant Stadium Dec. 31
3:30 p.m. ESPN

Insight
Minnesota vs. Iowa State Tempe, Ariz.
Sun Devil Stadium Dec. 31
6 p.m. NFL Network

AT&T Cotton
Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss Arlington, Texas
Cowboys Stadium Jan. 2
2 p.m. FOX

Valero Alamo
Michigan State vs. Texas Tech San Antonio
Alamodome Jan. 2
9 p.m. ESPN

Citi BCS National Championship Game
Texas vs. Alabama Pasadena, Calif.
Rose Bowl Jan. 7
8 p.m. ABC

Maybe 5 and 3, with both reps from Oklahoma losing along with the sips? I dont know, what do yall think?
The Texas and Insight Bowls are proof positive there are too many bowls. If you aren't a student, alum, or parent of a player on one of the participating teams and you watch either of those games, you should be institutionalized.

The Texas and Insight Bowls are proof positive there are too many bowls. If you aren't a student, alum, or parent of a player on one of the participating teams and you watch either of those games, you should be institutionalized.

You know, I often fantasize about a day when college football is so down that the bowls are forced to take 5-7 teams to fill their slots. Would be a nice wakeup call.

Absolutely true...

Fair enough. I submit to you the following in rebutal.

Nebraska's D should hold Zona long enough for them to win. They can manage a game as was evident in their performance against t.u.

We should handle Jawja on Offense. As "touch and go" as our Defense has been, I still think we can hold them and restrict their run game. Inspired football is good for the Ags, and while the Georgia ship appears to be losing deck hands, our boys are looking for 2010 preseason hype already.

and lastly I cant remember the last time ISU was in a bowl, and I'll admit I know nothing of Minnesota football, BUT, I think ISU will bring the house and play their best game of the year.

So Stoops might redeem himself a little after a craptastic season? It just seems odd that he has to face a team that's trying to become an upper tier team in their conference, the same year he has struggled. It reeks of Boise State to me. I know that Stanford and the Broncos are two diffrent teams, but I cant help but wonder if history is due to repeat itself.

i think stanford wins if luck is healthy, but they are a very mediocre (bordering on lousy) team with pritchard at qb.

VN Store

Back