Big 10 Update

So they only have 8 that want to play? I can remember when the Big 8, Pac 8 and SWC only had 8. That didn't keep Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas, Arkansas and USC from winning National Championships.

This is where things are getting interesting. There are conflicting reports on the topic, because what else is new, but the general consensus is that the Big Ten needs a 9-5 vote to overturn a previous vote... if that vote occurred, of course, which the Big Ten needs to prove and detail by September 12th.

It seems completely unfathomable to me that Ohio State, Penn State, Nebraska and Wisconsin couldn't find a way to strong-arm Rutgers into voting for a season, and I also am incredulous that Michigan's epidemiologist President would torpedo a season at this juncture (despite what his medical inkling may be) since he's assuredly signing his pink slip by doing so.

There's a lot of talk about Big Ten home-and-home matchups between some of the big proponents (OSU/PSU/NU/Iowa) on Twitter if they can't get enough teams together, but I think that's hot air since we've already seen just how difficult the Big Ten is making it to break from the conference. I'm not saying that I 100% believe the rumors that the Big Ten is going to kickoff on October 10th with between eight (9 yes votes with one passing on the season) and ten teams playing, but it feels infinitely more plausible than Ohio State and Iowa flouting their forever conference and marching forward.

If you going to try to strong arm a school, I would not go with one in New Jersey first. There are some families there very experienced in strong arm tactics. Like "You know that's a nice stadium, be a shame if something happened to it" type of stuff

If you going to try to strong arm a school, I would not go with one in New Jersey first. There are some families there very experienced in strong arm tactics. Like "You know that's a nice stadium, be a shame if something happened to it" type of stuff
The good news is, that if something happened to the stadium, like one of the concrete columns disintegrates, they might find Jimmy Hoffa.

Ohio St has had over 1,000 students test positive for COVID. The vast majority are asymptomatic and none have been hospitalized. What exactly is the risk? That more will be infected but have no symptoms?
Maybe that they will spread it to the surrounding town and the faculty and staff, many of which may have to be hospitalized. Never had it myself. Just taking a guess at what some of them may use for reasoning.

So they only have 8 that want to play? I can remember when the Big 8, Pac 8 and SWC only had 8. That didn't keep Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas, Arkansas and USC from winning National Championships.

Bottom line: Ohio State and Penn State should seriously look at going independent. I'd tell the rest of the conference to go to he$$.

Maybe the B10 teams that want to play could pick up a few MAC teams that also want to play and have McDonald's sponsor the B1G MAC conference. Winner gets to go have a big Mickey D's spread with President Trump similar to the Clemson dinner a few years ago. It's a win-win for everybody.

VN Store

Back