Biden Not Adding Taxes To Middle Class

You may have missed his point: people have no idea how much they pay in income tax because they never see it! If they did, a Democrat could not get elected to the post of village idiot.

The left has been trying to prove trickle down did not work for over 30 years now. One radio idiot in Chattanooga and I got into on air years ago about it and his "proof" that it did not work after I confronted him with the facts about how much federal revenue rose during the Reagan years was "the deficit went up." Got cut off before I could ask him if he was personally overspending, got a raise and then spent additionally more than the raise, would he expect his household spending deficit to decrease? What I despise about people making those arguments is they know they are lying or deliberately obfuscating facts because they don't really care about the deficits. They just want more tax money to effect enslavement the population.
It was not that feelz ex baseball player from Boston was it?

To say trickle down doesn't work is to say retaining more of your money is not a positive (or a "push" at minimum) to the economy. I can only envision one unique way that is possible.

There are only 3 things you can do with a sum of money:
1. Put it into a financial institution or bank.
2. Transfer it to one or more people.
3. Permanently remove it from circulation.

Permanently removing money from circulation is the only to achieve a "push". In every other way, money is made available to others.

Well technically it would be suppressing illegal votes, perhaps that's what he or she is against?
I have no idea really

I'm in warehousing and believe that if you get everything right on the inbound then the rest will work out much better. This is simply verifying the inventory before putting it away or shipping it. Very simple concepts

All taxes are passed on to the buyers.

To play devil's advocate, large corporations didn't pass the Trump corporate tax cuts to customers. I'm not arguing that the additional investment as a result of the Trump cuts was a bad thing but to say all taxes are passed onto customers ignores the fact that the operating margins for most large companies barely budged post reform(they went up in most cases).

To play devil's advocate, large corporations didn't pass the Trump corporate tax cuts to customers. I'm not arguing that the additional investment as a result of the Trump cuts was a bad thing but to say all taxes are passed onto customers ignores the fact that the operating margins for most large companies barely budged post reform(they went up in most cases).
Margins can increase while price to consumer decreases, correct?

Margins can increase while price to consumer decreases, correct?

Yes, but only if costs decreased by larger % than price decrease.

If you have 100 in sales and your costs (before income tax) are $80, your margin is 20%. If your sales go down to $90, your costs must decrease to $71 to have better margin.

This wasn't fact pattern here isnt what happened since sales and operating profit both increased after Tax Reform.

I think that fact pattern shows there was obviously some trickle down favorbility but also shows little if any of the Trump Tax corporate tax cuts showed up in lower prices.

Reactions: McDad
It absolutely can trickle down. When Trump announced the tax cuts a lot of corps and businesses gave bonuses and raises to their employees.

The company I work for as an example raised their 401k match from 3% to 5%, raised the bonus potential, started offering paid maternity leave, and invested more in their communities through their philanthropy programs.

Those things can happen, but the facts are that large corporate executives were getting boosted after income tax rates went down. I am going to repeat that, for emphasis. Pay and benefits for executives of large corporations have been going up, up, up for decades. They went up when corporate taxes went up or down.

You may have missed his point: people have no idea how much they pay in income tax because they never see it! If they did, a Democrat could not get elected to the post of village idiot.

The left has been trying to prove trickle down did not work for over 30 years now. One radio idiot in Chattanooga and I got into on air years ago about it and his "proof" that it did not work after I confronted him with the facts about how much federal revenue rose during the Reagan years was "the deficit went up." Got cut off before I could ask him if he was personally overspending, got a raise and then spent additionally more than the raise, would he expect his household spending deficit to decrease? What I despise about people making those arguments is they know they are lying or deliberately obfuscating facts because they don't really care about the deficits. They just want more tax money to effect enslavement the population.

was it Jeff Styles?

Yes, but only if costs decreased by larger % than price decrease.

If you have 100 in sales and your costs (before income tax) are $80, your margin is 20%. If your sales go down to $90, your costs must decrease to $71 to have better margin.

This wasn't fact pattern here isnt what happened since sales and operating profit both increased after Tax Reform.

I think that fact pattern shows there was obviously some trickle down favorbility but also shows little if any of the Trump Tax corporate tax cuts showed up in lower prices.
Of course costs would have to decrease and that decrease would be more than the price decrease to consumer. I agree with all that.
I also believe, may not be true, that decreases in business overhead are passed on slowly (if at all) to consumer while increased overhead is passed on immediately (or next available pricing cycle).

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back