Biden Not Adding Taxes To Middle Class

That is true of certain types of taxes, like Trump's tariffs on Chinese imports. But income taxes are not passed directly on to consumers like some taxes.
What difference does it make whether it’s a gas tax, property tax, sales tax, premium tax or income tax? It’s a liability for a company that’s trying to make a profit and impacts prices.

It absolutely can trickle down. When Trump announced the tax cuts a lot of corps and businesses gave bonuses and raises to their employees.

The company I work for as an example raised their 401k match from 3% to 5%, raised the bonus potential, started offering paid maternity leave, and invested more in their communities through their philanthropy programs.
ThAt DoEsN't CoUnT

Reactions: AM64
Who really cares if it “works”? As long as it doesn’t make things markedly worse, why wouldn’t we want to let people keep their own money?
A great reminder to all that tax cuts stand on their own merit. Whether those cuts benefit anyone else is secondary. Lower taxes are better for the person keeping more of their money.

Biden was also blatantly disingeous by blaming the tax changes for the effects of the pandemic.

We did see growth in wages, in fact more than we have in awhile.

We saw phenomenal unemployment as well. People were working. Raises were happening. Competition was shifting from applicant to company. Yall bitched about Trump lying and this guy craps all over your chest and calls it ice cream. "Hey... It's cream.. Come on man. Corn pop would eat it."

A great reminder to all that tax cuts stand on their own merit. Whether those cuts benefit anyone else is secondary. Lower taxes are better for the person keeping more of their money.
It blows my mind how people discuss taxes and completely gloss over the fact that keeping your own income isn’t some privilege granted by the government. That’s why I hate payroll withholding. It has conditioned people to believe that tax and health insurance payments don’t really exist. The debate would be totally different if people were writing their own checks.

Biden was also blatantly disingeous by blaming the tax changes for the effects of the pandemic.

We did see growth in wages, in fact more than we have in awhile.

We saw phenomenal unemployment as well. People were working. Raises were happening. Competition was shifting from applicant to company. Yall bitched about Trump lying and this guy craps all over your chest and calls it ice cream. "Hey... It's cream.. Come on man. Corn pop would eat it."
The greatest fraud in this whole rescue plan is that they’re slapping a price tag on something before they even know what the full impact of the pandemic is going to be. GDP of 6.4% doesn’t really scream stimulus.

It blows my mind how people discuss taxes and completely gloss over the fact that keeping your own income isn’t some privilege granted by the government. That’s why I hate payroll withholding. It has conditioned people to believe that tax and health insurance payments don’t really exist. The debate would be totally different if people were writing their own checks.
I make my monthly payroll deposits via phone. I completely agree with you.

I‘d love to see withholding and quarterlies go away and everyone write a check on April 15th. Then move Election Day to the next Tuesday after the 15th.

It absolutely can trickle down. When Trump announced the tax cuts a lot of corps and businesses gave bonuses and raises to their employees.

The company I work for as an example raised their 401k match from 3% to 5%, raised the bonus potential, started offering paid maternity leave, and invested more in their communities through their philanthropy programs.

Vol main doesnt understand this.

It blows my mind how people discuss taxes and completely gloss over the fact that keeping your own income isn’t some privilege granted by the government.
That's the thing now though. I think there are people that do view it exactly as you say they shouldn't. That we aren't individuals that earn our income. We are revenue sources for the govt to take from and what the govt allows us to keep is a privilege.

That is true of certain types of taxes, like Trump's tariffs on Chinese imports. But income taxes are not passed directly on to consumers like some taxes.
Exactly. All those corporations simply eat those increased taxes that are thrown on them.

Hey... I have an idea. Let's tax corporations at 50% and eliminate all personal income taxes. Surely that will work.

Who really cares if it “works”? As long as it doesn’t make things markedly worse, why wouldn’t we want to let people keep their own money?
iu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

And for someone such as I and someone in with a fluctuating income, it would make sense to base the tax on paycheck, rather than yearly. I dont have to guess, they dont have to guess.

You may have missed his point: people have no idea how much they pay in income tax because they never see it! If they did, a Democrat could not get elected to the post of village idiot.

The left has been trying to prove trickle down did not work for over 30 years now. One radio idiot in Chattanooga and I got into on air years ago about it and his "proof" that it did not work after I confronted him with the facts about how much federal revenue rose during the Reagan years was "the deficit went up." Got cut off before I could ask him if he was personally overspending, got a raise and then spent additionally more than the raise, would he expect his household spending deficit to decrease? What I despise about people making those arguments is they know they are lying or deliberately obfuscating facts because they don't really care about the deficits. They just want more tax money to effect enslavement the population.

VN Store

Back