Biddle is the Voice of Reason

PAC 10 or MAC or WAC, USC is still a 2 time Natl Champ under Pete. Just because they play in the PAC 10 (a weak conf) doesnt mean they have to give those crystal footballs back. I would be happy if we could play for the SEC Championship, when's the last time that happened.

They'll be giving them back if Reggie Bush received improper benefits

when's the last time we had a losing season? when's the last time we were beaten by Vandebilt? I said compete, but what I really meant was WIN the SEC. When's the last time that happened? Let me answer that for you, 1998, 8 long years ago. Yes we showed up for the game in 01 and 04 and had our a** handed to us both times.

Here's the leg work for ya (rosters opening day 2006 season):

SCHOOLS

1. Florida State 42
2. FLORIDA 37
TENNESSEE 37
4. GEORGIA 35
Ohio State 35
6. Michigan 34
7. Miami (Fla.) 33
8. AUBURN 31
9. LSU 30
Notre Dame 30

OTHER SEC SCHOOLS

Alabama 18
Ole Miss 17
South Carolina 17
Mississippi State 15
Arkansas 11
Vanderbilt 7
Kentucky 6

CONFERENCES

1. SEC 261
2. ACC 231
3. Big Ten 223
4. Pac-10 188
5. Big 12 176
6. Big East 88
7. Conference USA 71
8. Mountain West 68
this is a great recruiting tool. it doed not though have anything to do with what happened while at UT.
Your point is that UT does not develop players. That is completely false due to the fact that we are second in the number of players in the NFL. It's really simple to prove my point.
i'm goint to go out on a limb and agree with Rex on this......i know what you're saying and your point is valid, but look at it this way.......of the schools on your list up there........how many have won a championship, either conf. or National lately? and who hasn't?

FSU ACC champs 05
FL SEC and NC's 06
GA two SEC titles in past 6 years
OSU...NT and conf. titles in past 6 years
MICH conf. title in 04
Mia Big East conf. champs and NT in 01, played for another in 02.
Auburn SEC title in past 6 years
LSU two conf. titles and a national title
ND multiple BCS bowl bids...of course, no wins...lol.

now who's left out? it's great to have all that talent. and the fact we put guys in the NFL and have a track record of doing so, is great. but it does stand to reason that if you are going to lead the pack in talent, at some point in the recent past we should be leading the pack on the feild too.

so from that standpoint, i agree with Rex.

the NFL thing is great....but it is only good for recruiting.

in fact, if you really want to get technical....teams 4 thru 10 have been DOING MORE with less talent than that of TN...........not just equal.

this is a great recruiting tool. it doed not though have anything to do with what happened while at UT.

Believe me, I wish we were winning the SECE, SEC, and NC every year.

My point is that Rex doesn't believe UT does anything with incoming talent. I think our coaches develop players to the point we place guys in the pros at an alarming rate.

Sure, some guys have God given ability and could have gone straight to the league with out college. But for the most part UT has averaged in the mid to lower top ten in recruiting talent out of HS over the last 15 years. When these same athletes leave UT, we are second in the nation in preparing guys for the NFL. This is a testimony to our program and coaching development.

God knows I'd like to have a wall full of NC posters, but we don't for many reasons. Coaching and developing our players to enter the NFL is not one of the top reasons.

Here's to a NC in the 2008 BCS! :beerf:

Believe me, I wish we were winning the SECE, SEC, and NC every year.

My point is that Rex doesn't believe UT does anything with incoming talent. I think our coaches develop players to the point we place guys in the pros at an alarming rate.

Sure, some guys have God given ability and could have gone straight to the league with out college. But for the most part UT has averaged in the mid to lower top ten in recruiting talent out of HS over the last 15 years. When these same athletes leave UT, we are second in the nation in preparing guys for the NFL. This is a testimony to our program and coaching development.

God knows I'd like to have a wall full of NC posters, but we don't for many reasons. Coaching and developing our players to enter the NFL is not one of the top reasons.

Here's to a NC in the 2008 BCS! :beerf:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. You still cant seem to understand that the NFL will draft on potential and natural ability very, very often. Yes we do develop some players, but not many. If we did it would not have been 8 years since we last celebrated an SEC championship.

when's the last time we had a losing season? when's the last time we were beaten by Vandebilt? I said compete, but what I really meant was WIN the SEC. When's the last time that happened? Let me answer that for you, 1998, 8 long years ago. Yes we showed up for the game in 01 and 04 and had our a** handed to us both times.
With Rick CLausen at Qb I think we did fairly well in 04.

VN Store

Back