BGSU Player Takes

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
This post is to throw a bit of light rather than shade on the BGSU football team.
1. They seem to have some tallish CBs who might be able to make our WRs work at coming down with contested balls
2. They got a 5'10" 240lbs sophomore RB their short yardage situations productive, Maybe even provide mismatches if he gets by the LOS.
3. They got some big TEs, mostly freshmen but two upperclassmen, who may present some challenges to our 4-2-5 defense.

These personnel might end up making the game more entertaining than many of our fans are wont to admit.

If this game gets the least bit entertaining we got problems.Dont get me wrong I suspect we see them play with some things if we get up,but new coach scheme players u can expect a little bit of up n down.Now if it turns into Georgia St im definitely removing the case on the panic button,but I doubt we see anything close to that clusterf*k of a game.

Yes, Georgia State was not supposed to be much of a challenge either.

I have a feeling that Heupel has this team ready. At the press conference the coach and players looked excited and ready to get this season started.

They have been preparing for us HARD. The player takes should be positive and if they weren't you have some serious problems in your program. As others have said, if this game is close we have problems but they are not just going to quit. They want an upset and have plenty of reason to believe it's possible. Up to our boys to punish them for this foolish thought....

They will try to run the ball against us. They lost their top 3-4 pass catchers, from a horrible team, to the portal. The defense gave up over 300 yards rushing per game last season playing an conference only schedule. The sophomore running back looked legit on tape last year, but most of his carries and yardage came when games were already out of hand. Our depth chart released yesterday reflects us preparing to shut down the run game on defense. I expect us to run it, run it, and run it some more on offense. We will throw the ball, of course, but I don't expect the coaches to put too much on film for Pitt to see. BG only played 5 games last year, and you can watch the highlights from all of them in a short amount of time on YouTube. They have a new D. Coordinator, but he was on staff as a position coach last year. Honestly, they are probably one of the worst 5 teams in FBS.

This post is to throw a bit of light rather than shade on the BGSU football team.
1. They seem to have some tallish CBs who might be able to make our WRs work at coming down with contested balls
2. They got a 5'10" 240lbs sophomore RB their short yardage situations productive, Maybe even provide mismatches if he gets by the LOS.
3. They got some big TEs, mostly freshmen but two upperclassmen, who may present some challenges to our 4-2-5 defense.

These personnel might end up making the game more entertaining than many of our fans are wont to admit.
Every team has good players. The biggest difference in good teams and bad ones is the guys in between the "stars". BGSU's guys between their good players... aren't very good.

That's where my confidence is with Pitt also. They have some really good looking players. Where I think UT is better is in the guys around the stars.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
They will try to run the ball against us. They lost their top 3-4 pass catchers, from a horrible team, to the portal. The defense gave up over 300 yards rushing per game last season playing an conference only schedule. The sophomore running back looked legit on tape last year, but most of his carries and yardage came when games were already out of hand. Our depth chart released yesterday reflects us preparing to shut down the run game on defense. I expect us to run it, run it, and run it some more on offense. We will throw the ball, of course, but I don't expect the coaches to put too much on film for Pitt to see. BG only played 5 games last year, and you can watch the highlights from all of them in a short amount of time on YouTube. They have a new D. Coordinator, but he was on staff as a position coach last year. Honestly, they are probably one of the worst 5 teams in FBS.

I like your thinking.
But something tell me Heupel is going to throw deep at least 6-7 times in the game.
Yeah, we won't see the whole arsenal, but Heupel will call an aggressive game.

i have us winning 65-14

Every team has good players. The biggest difference in good teams and bad ones is the guys in between the "stars". BGSU's guys between their good players... aren't very good.

That's where my confidence is with Pitt also. They have some really good looking players. Where I think UT is better is in the guys around the stars.

Sometimes, It's nice to be nice instead of rude and crude.

Reactions: Bret178
I like your thinking.
But something tell me Heupel is going to throw deep at least 6-7 times in the game.

i have us winning 65-14
He will definitely throw deep plenty, but I think it will be on basic routes. We should have a huge speed advantage.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
I like your thinking.

i have us winning 65-14
I think we'll run about 75 plays on offense with around a 40/35 split run vs. pass. I also expect us to rush for over 400 yards. GBO!

Loeffler will need at least two more years to clean up the mess that Mike Jinx left, and even then they will just be getting back to being mediocre.

They have been preparing for us HARD. The player takes should be positive and if they weren't you have some serious problems in your program. As others have said, if this game is close we have problems but they are not just going to quit. They want an upset and have plenty of reason to believe it's possible. Up to our boys to punish them for this foolish thought....
Are you shaking in your boots? I’m not

I don't think we see much of the offensive gameplan.I could see a litany of plays and hurry up just to condition the kids to live game action.BG shouldn't be much of a test,but don't over look anyone.Trust me they know Georgia St and what happened,until we take their will they prob have some hype that they can pull it off.Im pretty sure that will change fairly quickly.

I struggle to think that a freshman TE at Bowling Green is gonna do much on Thursday. Really, we could play 9 on defense and BGSU would still struggle to score.

Sometimes, It's nice to be nice instead of rude and crude.
Who was rude and crude? If you are referring to the idea of running up the score then would you want the Vold to be “rude” to BGSU if it helped them win games going forward? There’s something about the confidence of executing in live action that gives you a boost. Even against a weaker opponent.

Guys like Saban and Spurrier did what they needed to do to help their team including working on things against bad opponents

Who was rude and crude? If you are referring to the idea of running up the score then would you want the Vold to be “rude” to BGSU if it helped them win games going forward? There’s something about the confidence of executing in live action that gives you a boost. Even against a weaker opponent.

Guys like Saban and Spurrier did what they needed to do to help their team including working on things against bad opponents

Sometimes it's nice to be nice., though frankly I prefer a slice of rhubarb pie with freestone peaches mixed in. The stuff can be a bit tart, which is why having a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream on top is such good eating.

3. They got some big TEs, mostly freshmen
Bowling Green will be fortunate not to lose by 50.
but two upperclassmen, who may present some challenges to our 4-2-5 defense.

Because this years edition of the vowels is just that good:)
K

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I doubt it

So how 'bout them Falcon TEs now? They caught more passes than our WRs. I sort of figured BGSU would put them to good use, and they did. We won all the same and didn't let them score. Still, they played well as I said the might.

VN Store

Back