Betting lines by Draft Kings

The Artful Dodger

Fist Baller
We saw the UVA line already but Draft Kings has posted the lines for five more Vols games this fall.

Vols -27 against Virginia
Vols -7.5 against Florida
Vols -13 against South Carolina
Vols -8.5 against Texas A&M
Vols +9.5 against Bama
Vols +8 against Georgia.

Besides winning, Heupel's teams have largely covered the spread in his two years. Bama line seems inflated considering their QB situation. Thoughts?

Interesting. But still a few unknowns -- for all teams -- between now and first kickoff.

On related note, are any of the football mags out yet?

Edit: Just bought the Athlon ... kinda wish I hadn't wasted 12.99 on that one. 😕

Last edited:
I wouldn’t touch that aTm line. They are a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

Amen to that.

One of two things is going to happen this season for A&M.

1. They are going to have a magical type season. They have the talent to take down anyone at anytime.

2. They will stink it up again and Jimbo will be fired by the 3/4 point of the season.

I really don't have a clue which way the ball is gonna bounce for them.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
They still have a lot of talent. That’s the main reason I said that that line scares me. The Jimbo/Petrino marriage could be really good, and also could nosedive. It won’t be boring.

Talk about two egos colliding. I will have to see Fisher give up control to believe he is capable of it. That will either be an absolute disaster or a genius hire. No middle ground.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
We saw the UVA line already but Draft Kings has posted the lines for five more Vols games this fall.

Vols -27 against Virginia
Vols -7.5 against Florida
Vols -13 against South Carolina
Vols -8.5 against Texas A&M
Vols +9.5 against Bama
Vols +8 against Georgia.

Besides winning, Heupel's teams have largely covered the spread in his two years. Bama line seems inflated considering their QB situation. Thoughts?
Totally agree with the bama score being high. I just don’t see them being the same old bama this year. I see them having a down year for them

Reactions: The Artful Dodger
I get the game is in Tuscaloosa but I would not favor Bama by 8.5. To beat Tennessee have to outscore Heupel. Tennessee was the #1 offense in the country last year. Bama has some serious questions at QB. Unless they get a Georgia type defense all of a sudden I don't know they can put up the 35-42 points necessary to beat Tennessee.

Actually I made a lot of money betting against Tennessee during Butch & Pruitts last years. I figured it’s sucks but I might as well make some money in the meantime.

If i bet against them, they would have either lost too much or not by enough.

I get the game is in Tuscaloosa but I would not favor Bama by 8.5. To beat Tennessee have to outscore Heupel. Tennessee was the #1 offense in the country last year. Bama has some serious questions at QB. Unless they get a Georgia type defense all of a sudden I don't know they can put up the 35-42 points necessary to beat Tennessee.

The bama qb will be interesting. I don't know anything him. I'm just glad he's not Young.

VN Store

Back