Best/Worst Times as a Kid

Also, the campground would spray for mosquitoes. I remember sitting at the picnic table when the truck came by. The chemicals are probably why I am demented today.
Seems like I remember meeting a couple girls at the campground arcade one evening who wanted my friend and I to take a walk on the beach for some young teen romance. Got up the courage to give her a kiss and she had obviously been sneaking cigarettes which limited it to one kiss. Seems like her name was Jaunita………

Seems like I remember meeting a couple girls at the campground arcade one evening who wanted my friend and I to take a walk on the beach for some young teen romance. Got up the courage to give her a kiss and she had obviously been sneaking cigarettes which limited it to one kiss. Seems like her name was Jaunita………

I wasn't smoking then. But, it is a popular name.

Another vomit story. So, we're driving home from Myrtle Beach. Sandy (best dog we ever had) is on the floorboard in the back with my brother and me. Alan and I got bored. We'd already counted all the license plates and cows in South Carolina. So, we started feeding Sandy pretzel sticks. She threw up all over the backseat. To her credit, she ate up most of it.

Best: My brother and I knew to cower when Daddy's right arm came across the front seat.
Worst: I think the dog got hit twice.

They'd send us out to pick blackberries. Side of the road in Gordon, Georgia. Hotter than Hades. No gloves.

Best: Granny's cobbler
Worst: Chiggers

Reminded me that we could just sit there for 20-30 minutes eating honeysuckle. Forgot about that now that I live in the desert.

Reactions: Juanita
Okay, I was in my early 20's, my boyfriend at Tech used to sing this to me. He only knew the first 4 lines. Still, okay. Screwing around was not okay. Guess he liked blue and brown-eyed ladies, too.

Reactions: tbh and malinoisvol
My first real concert without parents was Weezer and I was 13, at the Knoxville Ampitheater in 1995. I took my little brother who was 6, if you can believe it. What were my normally strict parents thinking??? We both crowdsurfed. I moshed a little bit. I felt like a new level of my life was attained that day.

First job out of school I lived with 3 other guys in a rental house with a pool. Diving board was broken at one of our pool parties. Luckily another house in the neighborhood that had burned to the ground earlier had a pool. Plan to go into stealth mode, steal the diving board, and be ready for the next pool party. Camouflage was obviously needed. 3 of us wore ski masks and 1 roommate used shoe polish. Job was successful and we paraded the diving board around like it was a record blue marlin.

The Bad: The diving board was too short and never reached the edge of the pool.
The Good: Being able to watch my roommate who used shoe polish when he tried to clean his face with a rag and nothing came off.

My first real concert without parents was Weezer and I was 13, at the Knoxville Ampitheater in 1995. I took my little brother who was 6, if you can believe it. What were my normally strict parents thinking??? We both crowdsurfed. I moshed a little bit. I felt like a new level of my life was attained that day.
Damn dude!

I went to that same show. Always liked weezer.

Last edited:
Reactions: n_huffhines
First job out of school I lived with 3 other guys in a rental house with a pool. Diving board was broken at one of our pool parties. Luckily another house in the neighborhood that had burned to the ground earlier had a pool. Plan to go into stealth mode, steal the diving board, and be ready for the next pool party. Camouflage was obviously needed. 3 of us wore ski masks and 1 roommate used shoe polish. Job was successful and we paraded the diving board around like it was a record blue marlin.

The Bad: The diving board was too short and never reached the edge of the pool.
The Good: Being able to watch my roommate who used shoe polish when he tried to clean his face with a rag and nothing came off.

I'm still laughing!! It's hard enough just to get the polish out from under nails when you shine boots!

Reactions: Firebirdparts
Did you watch this show as a kid? Now, the theme song replays in my head like that weird episode in "Dexter."

1648166816439.png

Reactions: Volizona
I have hats & boots older than you.

It’s difficult to decide which was the best show I attended at K-town amp. Jackson Brown’s Running on Empty tour is right up there. Came back from camping in the mountains straight to the Amp just in time for the show. The musicians and crowd were amped up, great synergy. It made for a special show.

VN Store

Back