Best/Worst remaining matchups

What kind of team is Marquette? Guard-heavy? Defensive minded? Outside shooters? Big, inside play? Half court or up and down, pressure D?
Jones and Kolek are their best players. Both guards. Kolek is a super disciplined player. Good D. Great passer. Like Santi, but not as good. Jones is a Roach equivalent. He’s a high energy guy who shoots a lot. Marquette/UConn game was a telling matchup. Marquette wasn’t built to go four quarters with them.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
My roommate back in the day was from Staten island, and he graduated from Farleigh Dickinson. Therefore I don't want to play them. They would have the home court advantage. Not to mention they are small and athletic. What little I've seen, Marquette looked good.

This might be a good topic for @bleedingTNorange but of the remaining possibilities in our region, who would we prefer? Obviously, our next game is FAU or Fairleigh Dickinson. Assuming we want the latter. Tell me if I’m wrong.

After that, it’s Kentucky, KState, Marquette, or Michigan State. I’ve seen a lot of Kentucky and KState. I don’t want KState. They’re good. Kentucky is a matchup problem, but it’s hard to beat anyone 3x. I don’t know much about Michigan State or Marquette. How would we match up with either?

I think a worse match up is FAU or FDU vs any of those teams ;)

Reactions: NighthawkVol
JMO , but 3 things determine TN's fate. Refs need to keep letting them BATTLE, the 40 Minute focus needs to be Permanent and the Texas Duke Finn needs to come to play every game. If so we can beat anyone on the board.

Let's not look ahead. Take care of FA first. Let the KS- Marquette game play out and start worrying about them late Thursday night after our game if we win.

Let's not look ahead. Take care of FA first. Let the KS- Marquette game play out and start worrying about them late Thursday night after our game if we win.

Marquette got knocked out Michigan State will be playing K State

VN Store

Back