Best Starting 5

T.J.

Thank you coach Harper for starting Jordan, Zaay, Rennia, Lou and KEY!!!!
I'm so happy because those players aren't afraid to score.

Lou Brown is becoming a favorite. She's so deliberate with her style of play. Best of all her and Zaay loves the mid-range game.

Jordan Horston is going to be a 🌟 y'all can see for yourselves. She will take over a game if she has to.

Rennia Davis just needs to be consistent offensively.

GoLadyVols! 😊

I think they are all pressing a bit. They need to slow down a hair and let the game come to them. I feel like everyone is trying to hard to impress the new coach.

I think they are all pressing a bit. They need to slow down a hair and let the game come to them. I feel like everyone is trying to hard to impress the new coach.
I'm totally opposite. I see a team trying to find a groove.
I've watched all three games and I've seen them progressing. Yeah they're not playing like a Holdsclaw or Parker teams but I am enjoying the process.

Best of all I like seeing coach Harper on the sideline in a dress.
GoLadyVols I haven't been this happy for a LV squad since Meighan Simmons played. 😊

“Best of all”? Really??? Have you actually been wasting precious time in your life considering the Lady Vol Worthiness of the coach’s wardrobe?

Evolve. Please!

We have a very promising team with a high ceiling. We have a very talented coach, wife and mother. Thursday night, our coach wore a beautiful, “somewhat orange” dress. I really liked the dress as well.
But, most of all, lvocd, I like you, whatever you choose to wear. Yep, you’re one of my favorite posters.
I remember hearing/reading, I think it was actually Holly Warlick, might have been Coach Demoss, say she wasn’t “going out there with the Easter Bunny,” or words to that effect, referring to Coach Summitt’s outrageous outfit. I thought it was hilarious.
I’m reasonably smart, but quite naive; so, did we just “go there,” or do you really not like dresses? 😏

I'm totally opposite. I see a team trying to find a groove.
I've watched all three games and I've seen them progressing. Yeah they're not playing like a Holdsclaw or Parker teams but I am enjoying the process.

Best of all I like seeing coach Harper on the sideline in a dress.
GoLadyVols I haven't been this happy for a LV squad since Meighan Simmons played. 😊

Not many teams have played like Holdsclaw or Parker teams.

Key, Davis, Horston, Green, and want Massengill against four guard teams and Brown when the team is bigger. I think we'll need to play Horston 32 a game she is so solid defensively and so good at making and distributing on offense.

We have a very promising team with a high ceiling. We have a very talented coach, wife and mother. Thursday night, our coach wore a beautiful, “somewhat orange” dress. I really liked the dress as well.
But, most of all, lvocd, I like you, whatever you choose to wear. Yep, you’re one of my favorite posters.
I remember hearing/reading, I think it was actually Holly Warlick, might have been Coach Demoss, say she wasn’t “going out there with the Easter Bunny,” or words to that effect, referring to Coach Summitt’s outrageous outfit. I thought it was hilarious.
I’m reasonably smart, but quite naive; so, did we just “go there,” or do you really not like dresses? 😏

The dress comment was a swipe at sexuality?

Thank you coach Harper for starting Jordan, Zaay, Rennia, Lou and KEY!!!!
I'm so happy because those players aren't afraid to score.

Lou Brown is becoming a favorite. She's so deliberate with her style of play. Best of all her and Zaay loves the mid-range game.

Jordan Horston is going to be a 🌟 y'all can see for yourselves. She will take over a game if she has to.

Rennia Davis just needs to be consistent offensively.

GoLadyVols! 😊
Mine too!!! Lou is the stabilizer that we need !

Well, I wouldn’t say it was “the best of all”, but I liked her wearing a dress, or something ‘dressy’. I remember Pat saying she dressed to respect the game, knowing people were looking at her. I didn’t take it as a slam against women. Just a simple statement of fact...and a little overstated as to “best”. If a slam, I think we all know whose wardrobe was slammed, that the ‘slam’ - if it was one - was unnecessary, and the choice is irrelevant either way...the team and its performance, on and off the court, is what matters.

All that said, not meaning to put words or intentions in your mouth, @T.J., just responding to a couple of posters I respect.

I thought Kellie looked lovely in her dress, and I have nothing against dresses or anyone who wears them. Girls, women, men — wear that dress and look fab. It’s all good to me!

That said, I also have nothing against women who choose not to wear dresses. I think we all know that there is a segment of fans who disliked Holly because she doesn’t fit their description of what a woman is supposed to be like and what they’re supposed to wear. We all know what they were really criticizing.

Anyway, it was always heartbreaking to me when I’d read the insults to that very sweet and kind woman, shrouded in comments about her wardrobe or her hair. Those people are likely relieved that we now have “a real woman” as coach. Ugh. I loathe that archaic, ignorant attitude, and so, yes, I guess I’m hypersensitive to the comments about coaches’ wardrobes.

Cute story about the dress, Coach Kellie’s postgame quotes:

On how much orange she had before coming to Tennessee vs. now:
"Okay, so none. I didn't have any orange. I've not coached an orange team in my career, so I have purple, red, and maroon, but no orange. Finding Tennessee orange in coaching attire is really difficult. This was as close as I could get to orange. I walked in the shop, and I haven't had any time to go shopping, let's just say that, but I was out and about, and I walked into a shop. Something caught my eye, I walked over there, and it was orange. I walk in and look at the piece and look at another piece, and the lady said, 'You must really love orange!' Yes, yes I do. I proceeded to try on every piece of orange clothing that was in the store. Now, the lighting in here, you might think it's red, but according to the lady I bought it from, she convinced me that it was orange.”

Funny. Coach Kellie wants the team to have fun, maybe we can have some, too. Btw, I thought the heels looked nice, too. GO LADY VOLS, BEAT ND!!!

Cute story about the dress, Coach Kellie’s postgame quotes:

On how much orange she had before coming to Tennessee vs. now:
"Okay, so none. I didn't have any orange. I've not coached an orange team in my career, so I have purple, red, and maroon, but no orange. Finding Tennessee orange in coaching attire is really difficult. This was as close as I could get to orange. I walked in the shop, and I haven't had any time to go shopping, let's just say that, but I was out and about, and I walked into a shop. Something caught my eye, I walked over there, and it was orange. I walk in and look at the piece and look at another piece, and the lady said, 'You must really love orange!' Yes, yes I do. I proceeded to try on every piece of orange clothing that was in the store. Now, the lighting in here, you might think it's red, but according to the lady I bought it from, she convinced me that it was orange.”

Funny. Coach Kellie wants the team to have fun, maybe we can have some, too. Btw, I thought the heels looked nice, too. GO LADY VOLS, BEAT ND!!!

a 15 minute presser...not a 4 minute torture session like last year
,,Kellie will be just fine

I thought Kellie looked lovely in her dress, and I have nothing against dresses or anyone who wears them. Girls, women, men — wear that dress and look fab. It’s all good to me!

That said, I also have nothing against women who choose not to wear dresses. I think we all know that there is a segment of fans who disliked Holly because she doesn’t fit their description of what a woman is supposed to be like and what they’re supposed to wear. We all know what they were really criticizing.

Anyway, it was always heartbreaking to me when I’d read the insults to that very sweet and kind woman, shrouded in comments about her wardrobe or her hair. Those people are likely relieved that we now have “a real woman” as coach. Ugh. I loathe that archaic, ignorant attitude, and so, yes, I guess I’m hypersensitive to the comments about coaches’ wardrobes.

You'd think (despite my claim of naivete) that my saintly mother, and six sisters (all older than me) would've taught me better than to stick my nose into such things.
For the record, I do love dresses, and in full disclosure, I prefer them on women.
And, I've always liked Coach Warlick.
These sentiments aren't, to me at least, mutually exclusive.
When word got out that Coach Summitt wanted to stay (as Head Coach) for another year, and that Hart had forced her hand, there was little to do, but wait, and watch the fall. And, once the wheels started wobbling, there was no way of "dressing" it up.
I truly didn't mean to start a fight.
And, I do wish all the negative Holly comments would stop.
Cheers.

You'd think (despite my claim of naivete) that my saintly mother, and six sisters (all older than me) would've taught me better than to stick my nose into such things.
For the record, I do love dresses, and in full disclosure, I prefer them on women.
And, I've always liked Coach Warlick.
These sentiments aren't, to me at least, mutually exclusive.
When word got out that Coach Summitt wanted to stay (as Head Coach) for another year, and that Hart had forced her hand, there was little to do, but wait, and watch the fall. And, once the wheels started wobbling, there was no way of "dressing" it up.
I truly didn't mean to start a fight.
And, I do wish all the negative Holly comments would stop.
Cheers.
No need for apology, you didn’t start the acrimonious words. 🙂

“Best of all”? Really??? Have you actually been wasting precious time in your life considering the Lady Vol Worthiness of the coach’s wardrobe?

Evolve. Please!
It's not that serious.

Reactions: Bell42
It's a change of scenery from our last coach. Besides she was wearing a nice dress and I liked it.

It's a change of scenery from our last coach. Besides she was wearing a nice dress and I liked it.
Key, Davis, Horston, Green, and want Massengill against four guard teams and Brown when the team is bigger. I think we'll need to play Horston 32 a game she is so solid defensively and so good at making and distributing on offense.
Horston plays like she's in full control. I am not worried at all with the ball in her hands.

Well, I wouldn’t say it was “the best of all”, but I liked her wearing a dress, or something ‘dressy’. I remember Pat saying she dressed to respect the game, knowing people were looking at her. I didn’t take it as a slam against women. Just a simple statement of fact...and a little overstated as to “best”. If a slam, I think we all know whose wardrobe was slammed, that the ‘slam’ - if it was one - was unnecessary, and the choice is irrelevant either way...the team and its performance, on and off the court, is what matters.

All that said, not meaning to put words or intentions in your mouth, @T.J., just responding to a couple of posters I respect.
Yeah I overstated with best. I'm just excited about our coach and the team. The Holly era had me twisted. She's gone now.

GoLadyVols 😊

Reactions: Smallvol#1

I get your point. Thanks.

VN Store

Back