Best single play

I don't know what game, but eric berry planted a stiff leg in the grass and laid the fooking wood on some poor fool midfield once, and i still have that image in my head.

76 yard blocked field goal return to start the miracle at South Bend..... because I hate ND almost as much as bama and Kents play #1 already taken
Here's another good one for us vs. ND:

Long about '79 or '80, Neyland Stadium, they had 4th and goal, they pitched to Vegas Ferguson who charged toward goal line with a head off steam. Then he hit a brick wall, stood up by Craig Puki, and finished by Val Barksdale, as best as I can recall. Neyland roared.

Withoit had one of the worst plays and then one of the best plays in a matter of minutes. I wish I could have been in the stadium, I bet it was electric
It was amazing. Only time I've ever been in an environment where I couldn't hear the person next to me screaming. It was drowned out by a collective roar. Never been happier for a single player in my life. He went from having to live with a terrible play the rest of his life to be a Volunteer hero for the rest of his life. Amazing.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Enough with the negativity so let's hear your best single play for Tennessee. We've had so many.
I guess mine might be the 79 yard run by Reggie Cobb against Auburn in 1989. Rained so hard that day, we were soaked.
But that run and that game were ssssooooooooo worth it.
Billy Ratliff, Brandon Burelson, Clint Stoerner...

I dont remember Neyland being more electric and borderline insane than that moment...although the end of the UF game that year was probably equal.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Pretty much any of these from 2012. Damn I wish we could've had him for more than one season!

What a special talent he was. May be the best all around athlete or one of the best to play for us. Dude made Alabama look slow on a couple of those highlights.

Thanks for sharing.

My favorite play I have to go back to Eric Berry decleating Knowsho Moreno (yes I know his name is Knowshon but after EB got through with him, he was a No Show Dont Want No Mo) vaunted UGA RB from New Jersey. The announcers had to use drool cups talking about his greatness. He breaks through and Berry knocks him up in the air and almost out of bounds one on one. Knowsho don't want no mo.

I absolutely loved watching Eric Berry play. I used to have an Eric Berry for Heisman sticker on the back of my truck in high school. He was one of the lone bright spots through those years.

Tennessee stopping LSU on the final play in the 2010 game to win with Dools as Head Coach.....ohhh wait a minute. 🤪🤪🤪

I have 2 that really stand out....

-Dale Jones interception to end the damned streak
-Peerless Price taking it to the house vs FSU to essentially seal the championship

I absolutely loved watching Eric Berry play. I used to have an Eric Berry for Heisman sticker on the back of my truck in high school. He was one of the lone bright spots through those years.

Turn the sound up on that hit for a treat. They don't let 'em do that these days. Knowsho no sooner got up and couldn't get off the field fast enough. I loved how he accelerated when he thought he was open and Berry right at that point of his acceleration knocked his dawg axx up in the cheap seats! LOL

What a special talent he was. May be the best all around athlete or one of the best to play for us. Dude made Alabama look slow on a couple of those highlights.

Thanks for sharing.
He's currently tied for the NFL record for all time kickoff returns for touchdown at 8. I never heard how fast CP was officially but his elusiveness, his ability to cut and change direction, to stop and start on a dime, I don't know if I've ever seen anybody better. If the NFL was still operating under the old kickoff rules, CP would absolutely own that record by now.

I have 2 that really stand out....

-Dale Jones interception to end the damned streak
-Peerless Price taking it to the house vs FSU to essentially seal the championship

The interception by Jones was in the 85 Bama game. That's a good candidate, too. Mike Terry picked off the pass in the endzone in the 82 game to end the streak. I was twelve, and that was happiest I'd been in my life to that point.

Enough with the negativity so let's hear your best single play for Tennessee. We've had so many.
I guess mine might be the 79 yard run by Reggie Cobb against Auburn in 1989. Rained so hard that day, we were soaked.
But that run and that game were ssssooooooooo worth it.
I was on the cover of the Daily Beacon running across the field after the game....not 1 bit sober.

My favorite play I have to go back to Eric Berry decleating Knowsho Moreno (yes I know his name is Knowshon but after EB got through with him, he was a No Show Dont Want No Mo) vaunted UGA RB from New Jersey. The announcers had to use drool cups talking about his greatness. He breaks through and Berry knocks him up in the air and almost out of bounds one on one. Knowsho don't want no mo.

I am surprised the mods allowed you to post another man's murder on here.

Reactions: Remy

VN Store

Back