Best Remaining Opponent

• Total voters

bleedingorange

Who is the biggest threat at this point. Alabama is getting better every year, and they are really going to be pumped to play us this year in Alabama, if we execute and play with fire in our eyes i believe we can take any of them. I believe Alabama right now would be our biggest threat, i dont think Georgia and Shockley can move the ball on our defense. I dont know what to think of Notre Dame that game really is going to be unpredictable

UGA, I think bama is tough, but they arent an SEC powerhouse. ND is overratted in my opinon, and they dont have enough of a defense to cover our offense if it performs like the 2nd half last night.

Georgia has yet to prove themselves against a formidable opponent, I honestly don't think they're better than UF or UT this year, but I would say ND is your best remaining opponent, even though they're not that good at home, but we shall see.

I voted Georgia.

I believe we take Bama and ND at their places.

Gerogia scares me.

I think Bama will probably get exposed this week.

I say Bama because we go down there and play them....I'm not worried about UGA, Shockley is terrible....JMO.....And we get to play them up here...So that takes some pressure off us....Bama is going to be the toughest game we have left

I voted UGA. They look a little ragged, but they are going to have 2 weeks to get ready for us.

One thing I wasn't thinking about . . . Bama and ND may not be quite as good as UGA, but they are both on the road. Tuscaloosa is going to be a zoo.

guys you have not given notre dame credit, brady quinn is unbelievable. i think our d holds and we win though.

Haven't you all figured out yet that playing on the road is not a factor for Tennessee? Vols play better on the road.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Sep 27, 2005 9:44 PM
Haven't you all figured out yet that playing on the road is not a factor for Tennessee? Vols play better on the road.
[snapback]153717[/snapback]​

I subscribed to that theory for a while, up until this season started. We looked like a deer in the headlights last night (first half), I honestly feel like our players were intimidated by the crowd. We didn't look all that impressive a Florida either.

Thats why I voted Alabama as the toughest game. Their motivation is without question, they'll be playing for blood. If we start that game like we did the Florida and LSU games, we'll be digging ourselves out of a hole again and I don't think we can put together another comeback like last night for the next decade.

We've got the revenge factor working for us at Notre Dame, and we're just flat out better than Georgia.

Our toughest opponent is going to be the VOLS themselves. We can beat everyone remaining on our schedule if we bring it. If everyone shows up then we haven't any worries.

GO VOLS! Beat 'em all!!!

Originally posted by TennesseeVols317@Sep 27, 2005 6:44 PM
UGA, I think bama is tough, but they arent an SEC powerhouse. ND is overratted in my opinon, and they dont have enough of a defense to cover our offense if it performs like the 2nd half last night.
[snapback]153558[/snapback]​

Dont underestimate ND they play with as much heart and determination as we did in the 2nd half....

Can you imagine how much you will be hating life if UT wins out in the SEC, bu so does UF? Or worse, if UF loses one SEC game while you win out, still giving UF the spot in the SECCG? A fumbled punt, a blocked field goal, another week to get the offense together.... All could have been different.

Man, a 10-1 UT shut out of the SECCG while a 10-1 UF (or even 9-2 if we lost to FSU) gets to play for the automatic BCS birth.

:unsure: :rock:

I voted for Georgia.

That's the one I was dreading, before the Fla game. I figured if we got past Fla and LSU unbeaten, we would manhandle Ole Miss. Georgia at home would be the chance for a let down.
Well that scenario has certainly changed but I still think Georgia looms large. Shockley was the GA QB who moved the ball on us last year.

ND is overrated, but Weis is a great coach. They just don't have a full team of top notch talent yet. Georgia is overrated. Plus, our defense matches up really well with their offense. Shockley will not be able to run all over the field on our defense. If he beats us, he is going to have to do it with his arm. I'm not sure that he can do that. Alabama has a great defense and a team similar to ours. I think we are better than they are, but playing a team with a similar make-up and at Alabama will be a tough challenge.

I'm gonna say Alabama,it's going to be hard getting the run going against that solid defense and plus they really hate us. :D

Originally posted by GIVEHIM-6@Sep 28, 2005 2:54 PM
I'm gonna say Alabama,it's going to be hard getting the run going against that solid defense and plus they really hate us. :D
[snapback]154147[/snapback]​

I agree Bama will be tough but the way to beat them is with the run. Minnesota took it to them. Arkansas ran well at times. Even Southern Miss did.

Just like the 2nd half of the SECCG - I think you have to run inside - neutralize the lateral speed and hit the big one.

Originally posted by volinbham@Sep 28, 2005 3:01 PM
I agree Bama will be tough but the way to beat them is with the run.  Minnesota took it to them.  Arkansas ran well at times.  Even Southern Miss did.

Just like the 2nd half of the SECCG - I think you have to run inside - neutralize the lateral speed and hit the big one.
[snapback]154151[/snapback]​

I don't know if Bama has the offense to handle the Vols. Plus, Brodie will be limping by then. GA is by far the best team when they are playing well.

VN Store

Back