Best Pizza place

Best Pizza place

• Total voters
Funny that Italian food is known for tomato sauce, yet tomatoes originated in Central and South America. :):):):)

Italians didn’t know about tomato sauce until several hundred years ago.
I think I read somewhere that Europeans originally believed the tomato to be toxic?

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Best Pizza Place: Moose's Tooth in Anchorage AK

I believe it's the highest grossing single pizza joint in the US

Reactions: House of Neyland
The big pizza chains are terrible. All of them. Best of the small chains might be 1000 degrees pizza or Mellow Mushroom

You know Italian Village and Raphaels are owned by the same family and I agree very good pizza. I grew up on Italian Village. Used to have a deal coke and slice of Sicilian for like $2.
good, similar to Greg's, if you like grease.

Raphael is a nice fella. Also owns place in Colonial Heights.

Main Street Pizza in JC. Pepperoni, ham, pinneaple (yes, I know), with feta. Parmesan crust.

Owner says his pizzas arent even best in town. Granted theyve won numerous awards.

Anthony’s in Morristown is good NY style pizza. The owners are from NYC.

Of the chains, I like Pizza Plus (regional chain in NE Tennessee) and Papa John’s.

To add to my post:

While I've only been there once, Hard Knox is really good in Knoxville. Not much of a chain as I think they only have 2 locations, but very good pizza.

Giordano's Chicago Style is probably the best pizza I've ever had. It's a staple if Chicago, but only a couple locations outside of Chicago. I've been to the one in Orlando. BBQ chicken pizza is off the charts. There's at least 2 locations in Chatt. Not sure about Knoxville.

Old Chicago is a sit down restaurant chain, a little similar in theme to Buffalo Wild Wings. It's a Midwestern chain based out of Colorado I believe, with about 80 locations nationwide. They have good quality Chicago style pizza too. Nothing that's gonna knock your socks off, but considering the pizza options in TN, they are certainly one of the best. Great wings and beer too.

If you're in Chattanooga, Community Pie is by far the best I've found. Locally owned, they have both Neopolitan and NY style pizza. Fresh ingredients and some very unique toppings.

Last edited:
I haven’t had Stephano’s since college but I remember loving the hell out of it. I may have been too drunk to know but whatever. I used to crush Roadrunners because it was super cheap and edible unlike the one they had at Falmingos. Can’t remember what it was called.

I lived in NYC for a few years, so I’m way too spoiled to pick from the chains. In Brooklyn, Pizza Plus was the best. They had amazing crust, and any pizza with extra cheese was incredible. They also had wings and pasta. I don’t recommend their wings. Their pasta was pretty good.

In Manhattan, the best was John’s of Times Square. The pizza was excellent, of course, but they also had an amazing antipasto for an appetizer.

No one out pizzas the Hut. Seriously though, I do like Pizza Hut pan meat lovers and pepperoni lovers pizzas. And their person pan pizzas can be a really good lunch.

Giordano is great. I like they have some locations outside Chicago now days. I like Unos. I like deep dish pizzas.

I really liked 312 Pizza Co's deep dish pizza over in Nashville the one time I had it. Seemed like a good place.

No one out pizzas the Hut. Seriously though, I do like Pizza Hut pan meat lovers and pepperoni lovers pizzas. And their person pan pizzas can be a really good lunch.

Giordano is great. I like they have some locations outside Chicago now days. I like Unos. I like deep dish pizzas.

I really liked 312 Pizza Co's deep dish pizza over in Nashville the one time I had it. Seemed like a good place.
Giordano’s is my favorite pizza place. I special ordered a couple pies from them last year and they were still great after being frozen.

National chain would be Domino's. They're Memphis BBQ is pretty good.

But I prefer to go to a local or Mom & Pop place. Raphael's and Italian Villiage in the Tri-Cities

Love Mellow Mushroom, but its just too expensive
I would add Stephen’s Pizza in Gray to that list.

VN Store

Back