Best NCAA College Football Facilities......VOLS #5

Most P5 schools that give half a rats-a$$ about football have great facilities. Nice to be thought of as top 5, though.

Most P5 schools that give half a rats-a$$ about football have great facilities. Nice to be thought of as top 5, though.

I would say a lot of top programs have nicer facilities than most NFL teams. I don’t even think the Pats have indoor facility. Same with the Panthers. Might be wrong about that.

The Pat's have one the Panthers are currently constructing one.

I heard that the Panthers were. It might be put in Rock Hill, SC and people are not happy. I heard they are talking about replacing BOA Stadium. Wouldn’t be surprised if they make a run for a CFP venue in the future if that happens .

Everyone has nice facilities now...granted, ours are upper tier. My opinion, but think this season is most important one of Pruitt’s first contract period. If he shows noticeable progress this year, I think we are off to the races. And, where we are seemingly “in” on a lot of top tier guys, I think they are waiting to see how it all comes together this year before committing, where we are lagging some on the number of commits this year so far.

Its so unfortunate the top people from the chancellor on down screwed us up so bad. Unless you are 100 % serious about being a football power why do u fire a guy like Fulmer? If there's a grand purpose behind doing it....then fine. If its to take us to the next level with a clear plan and purpose than ok. But it wasn't. Ehhh lets just fire the guy with a .750 winning % that brought us a national championship...cuz....why again? There was no clear plan to upgrade on Fulmer. Then why do it?

Reactions: RollerVol
I thought Fulmer put a halt on the renovation for now?
You’re correct. Only thing I’ve heard him say that’s priority in Neyland is fixing/modernimg the south end zone that still looks like it was constructed in the 1930’s ..... which I think it was.

Yep. This was a big differentiator 20 years ago. Not as much now. There isn't much separation between the school with "the best" facilities and the school with the 15th best.

Reactions: KBVol and Boca Vol
I’ve never been in the locker rooms or any other “player only” type areas, but if they are anything like the air conditioned area of the terrace then they are top notch.

As I have said before most top tier athletes are looking for a program to get them to the NFL payday while having legit chances of contributing to the winning championships along the way.

There are some that grow up with dreams of playing for the Vols and they just want the chance to put on the Orange and run thru the T. I think of Andy Kelly and how he has talked about his desire to be a Vol.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I’ve never understood why we do everything we can to have elite facilities but won’t even attempt to hire elite coaches.

It’s why we’re still in the cellar. I have hopes Fulmer will continue to move away from that old philosophy because it has killed us.

As expected, season ticket sales are at their worst levels in years. Coupling that with declining attendance across most venues leads me to suspect that they're holding while they to figure out what to do. They're trying to implement rolling ticket/seat sales in an attempt to boost attendance, but outside of that I don't think they really know how to handle it.

VN Store

Back