Best Morning Vols Talk Show?

Basilio when I can, sometimes the Fox app. Did Heather Harrington get the boot? I've breezed by WNML a couple of times and noticed it's two guys, no Heather that I've heard.

I really enjoy the segments on Swains show. And don’t dis the best caller. Lol

No, Titans Bill is the best caller! LMAO! "Good morning my good Christian friend!"

Also, I miss Cattleman. He always kept me in stitches when he called and he was great at making the hosts uncomfortable! I know he's on permanent ban from Tony Basillio's show due to some unflattering remarks he made about Pat Summit. But I don't know why he never calls into Swain or Ainge's shows.

Reactions: T_Vol376
I like Swain as a person lol but I find it very hard to listen to his show. His inflection is just really bad...like you can tell he's reading, and stresses the wrong part of the word because he doesn't read that well. On top of that I'm usually listening at work and all of the sudden a commercial comes on and it's like twice as loud. Lastly the guys that call in every day seemingly just to hear themselves on the radio and because they have nothing else to do. I'll hang up and listen.

I like Swain as a person lol but I find it very hard to listen to his show. His inflection is just really bad...like you can tell he's reading, and stresses the wrong part of the word because he doesn't read that well. On top of that I'm usually listening at work and all of the sudden a commercial comes on and it's like twice as loud. Lastly the guys that call in every day seemingly just to hear themselves on the radio and because they have nothing else to do. I'll hang up and listen.

Swain also needs to work on his interviewing skills. His interview with Pruitt was terrible.

Reactions: bigorange
Tony B is a drama queen, but sometimes has "insider info".
Ainge sounds like he's still on drugs.
Hyams is a nanny, but like his "news and notes" at 3:05pm.
Josh Ward and co burn my ears.
Will try Swain.
His "inside info" is more like his personal speculation about things, which I actually agree with sometimes. Tony is an outsider who doesn't really play ball with the powers that be, so I highly doubt he has any actual inside info. He was really fired up late in the season last year and during the coaching search. Highly entertaining.

I usually download Josh Ward's "Locked on the Vols" podcast or SEC Mike's "That SEC Podcast" in the mornings and listen to those to get me up to speed. Good info, good hosts, and no commercials.

I agree that WMML in the mornings (and most of the rest of the day) is just intolerable.

Swain is awesome. Houston Kress is good for humor and getting riled up. But to reiterate what a previous poster said, Trey Wallace is a great source for level headed reporting, and good, solid information. I came across this guy last year during the "He's at Calhoun's" fiasco time period. He won me over. I never follow anyone on Twitter, I just have it so I can pop in at times and see what's going on...but I followed him. Everyone always brings up that he broke the Florida credit card scandal...and he did, but boy has he made a name for himself ever since. He's developed some excellent sources, and gotten himself a job outside of thereadoptional.com. He had someone inside the AD's office and predicted many things that fell into place there toward the end last year. He has a show now on Fox Knox called "It's Optional", but his Twitter is a source of great information. Check him out.

I'm glad that I'm not the only person that isn't a fan of Wallace's show. He does a decent interview, but when he is just trying to talk about sports, it is virtually unlistenable. On top of that, his takes are just atrocious.
He's horrible and babbles 98% of the time with no substance to what he's talking about. As i said he talks in circles. The only positive is that he brings good ppl onto the show that can actually keep the listener engaged.

Reactions: RhodesVol
I've noticed the commercials have become excessive...5 min of commericials, 2 min sports news around the country update, 5 more minutes of commercials, 2 minutes talking about what is coming up on the show, followed by 5 more minutes of commercials..

I tried fox sports Knoxville and it’s just hot garbage for the most part. There are some guys on at 10 and they just talk about toilet paper and bitch at each other. One guy just yells the entire time. Tried the afternoon drive. That’s just more of the same. Some guy named bear who has no clue what’s going on during the show and more just guys making fun of each other. I was off today and Fox didn’t even cover the press conference with CJP. They were having a memorial service for Butch Jones. I guess it was supposed to be funny. Basilio is probably the most entertaining show out there and for straight up info I think Josh Ward is the best (but his partner is a dope)

WMML needs to partner Josh Ward and Erik Ainge up and just keep them both on all day..

Just now checking out the 3@out and gotta say ,how old are these guys they sound like teenagers and kinda act it..Not a dis really just not my cup of tea ..Ainge can act this way at times and that's when I turn it.. Other wise Ainge breaks stuff down great. Swain is good ,and agree in the interview thing..Maybe I'm just getting old I guess...

WMML needs to partner Josh Ward and Erik Ainge up and just keep them both on all day..
Yeah - just what a show needs - 2 people directly associated with the Vol Network. Their shows are greatly affected by their direct work with UT no matter how many times they try to deny it and downplay it.

Just now checking out the 3@out and gotta say ,how old are these guys they sound like teenagers and kinda act it..Not a dis really just not my cup of tea ..Ainge can act this way at times and that's when I turn it.. Other wise Ainge breaks stuff down great. Swain is good ,and agree in the interview thing..Maybe I'm just getting old I guess...
Late 20’s/early 30’s. Sports talk radio doesn’t have to be that serious 100% of the time so I think it’s a good balance. They don’t have to worry about kissing ass to the powers that be so they can actually be real with their listeners also. FSK also broke a good portion of the news the past year (usually Kress and Reed) even though they didn’t get the credit for a lot of it.

Yeah - just what a show needs - 2 people directly associated with the Vol Network. Their shows are greatly affected by their direct work with UT no matter how many times they try to deny it and downplay it.

Josh Ward has no association with the Vol Network. Erik's current cohost Brian Rice does, but Josh has never done anything with them.

Josh Ward has no association with the Vol Network. Erik's current cohost Brian Rice does, but Josh has never done anything with them.

Almost certain I’ve seen him at the VN booth outside gate 21 on game days in the past.

Then Ainge does or did the coach’s show segments.

VN Store

Back